• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sheikah-Eye of Mystery

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
For Zelda I think her clothing is protective and Sheikah made considering that they are the go to people for shadow magic or she might just be morning the whole kingdom in Twilight situation since it is based off of Japanese funeral robes(according to what I read back when the first few trailers were coming out).

The fortune teller is supposedly a reference to the Shiekah, just as Agatha is a reference to the Kokiri, and Telma is a reference to the Gerudo. All three have red, green, and blue make-up dots unique to them which is itself a reference to the goddesses Din, Farore, Nayru, and/or to the spiritual stones that appear in OoT.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Zelda: The sheikah are devoted to Hyrule's royal family, so I think it would be normal for Zelda to have a Sheikah eye on her robe.
Fortune teller: It's possible she's a Sheikah, but there's no solid evidence.
Howling stones: The howling stones could be a type of gossip stone, but I don't know for sure.
Veran: I dunno.
Aganhim: A Link to the Past was released before Ocarina of Time so it's possible that the symbol was originally intended to represent something else.
The Wind Waker: I don't know what it's doing in Forsaken Fortress. The Hero's Charm could be the Mask of Truth or some other Sheikah object.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Hmmm... I never noticed the Sheikah eye signs on any of these objects except for the Howling Stones, but I genuinely think that PureLock nailed it.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'd have thought the fortune teller wouldn't be so much a direct reference to the Sheikah as much as a reference to the 'eye of truth' (so some symbolism of her being able to see into the future -- being where the third eye's said to be helps too). Probably something similar with the stone as well (not so much seeing the future though, as much as showing what one wouldn't normally see).

Zelda we know had connections with the Sheikah, but I do think the one on Aganhim's robes are curious. I've been wondering over the past couple days if maybe there's a connection between the Sheikah and the Wizrobes (two diverging paths of a similar sect), but I've got nothing to follow with on that, so I'm just gonna keep sitting on that there...

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I hope they wont because the reputation of sheikah will be ruined. :P

Not necessarily, the shiekah are described as a race of "shadow" folk. What I'm suggested is there might be some relation some how. I'm not necessarily saying the Shiekah are Dark Interlopers, but rather have dealings with, a rival shadow race, etc. Even still, I just don't see how it will ruin the sheikah reputation.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
So are you saying that the only reasons of those eyes being there is just because a connection between the royal family and the shikah so then what is the connection why do the sheikah protect them huh

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
We don't know, but the Sheikah serving the Royal Family is directly stated in OoT so it's not like we have good reason to believe otherwise. ;)

Otherwise there's not really much info on them right now. However their dwindling in times of peace could mean they would be more prevalent in SS (that's what I hope, anyway. It'd make sense if they are), which is supposed to be where Hyrule (or the land below) is full of darkness and probably also war, if I understand correctly. Should be interesting to seee.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Zelda: The Sheikah are 'watching her back.'
Fortune-Teller: either a Sheikah, a Sheikah wanna-be, or a reference to the Sheikah as PureLocke stated
Howling Stone: [theory]After MM, Link went back to Hyrule and joined up with the Sheikah to defend the royal family from an invading force from the north and to prepare for assisting a new hero in case Ganondorf returns. (also notice that the hero's shade has only one eye. This could have been from the war and used as symbolism by the developers of his connection with the Sheikah.)[/theory]
Veran/Agahnim: I don't remember.

Another important eye to consider is the Twilight Realm eye:
461.png

My belief is that this is a modern form of the Sheikah eye, which is also represented in its older form on the throne and on the back of the fused shadow (which also has only one eye in the front where you'd expect two):
359.png
463.png

Obviously not every Sheikah was an interloper, but I think this is evidence of intent that all or most of the interlopers were Sheikah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom