• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Sheik: He or She?

Sheik: He or She?

• He

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She

• Undecided

• This question is too awkward for me

• Total voters
Sorry Snake but her eye color changing from blue to red or red to blue is far too much of a change in color for your explanation to work especially considering the color scheme of her disguise while your point has validity in other scenarios I can't see it having any in this one, also as I said before he disguise disappears and her identity is revealed, explane how she removed her disguise, got back into a dress, fixed up her hair, put on her jewelery and gloves all in about 1 maybe 1 1/2 seconds, this is simply not possible in the Zelda universe without magic being involved.

Well yes it can be debated but considering (no offense meant to Snake) the lack of sufficient evidence to counter my points at this time, its questionable as to whether it should be.

If your referring to the subject as a whole then yes there's plenty to debate.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Sorry Snake but her eye color changing from blue to red or red to blue is far too much of a change in color for your explanation to work especially considering the color scheme of her disguise

You got me on that one, fair enough!

explain how she removed her disguise, got back into a dress, fixed up her hair, put on her jewelery and gloves all in about 1 maybe 1 1/2 seconds, this is simply not possible in the Zelda universe without magic being involved.

LOL she was wearing the dress under the ninja outfit the whole time you see! As for her hair, well shes a princess so you know a lil sexy shake of the head and bam beautiful long locks of blond hair, (like when the jocks find out the nerdy chick is hot in the movies, like a bunch of em'), as for the Jewelry, the ninja out fit covered her from cheeks too finger tips that could have easily been concealed!

Ah but there's a flaw in your idea Snake, a dress couldn't fit under Sheiks garb as it is far too tight on her form, also a dress of the kind which she usually wears, likely contains more material than it appears to have, making it even less possible to fit under such a tight fitting garb, you do have a point with the jewelery, but there's still no way she could have changed garb so fast without magic.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Women disguising themselves as men, and pulling it off, has happened several times throughout history.
So people thinking Sheik is a guy is not that far-fetched an idea.

I Personally used to think of Sheik as a he until OoT3D came out. My knowledge of Sheik's true identity and Sheik's newfound curves kinda destroyed that for me. lol

I think it's fine to use either pronoun gender to refer to Sheik.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Ah but there's a flaw in your idea Snake, a dress couldn't fit under Sheiks garb as it is far too tight on her form, also a dress of the kind which she usually wears, likely contains more material than it appears to have, making it even less possible to fit under such a tight fitting garb, you do have a point with the jewelery, but there's still no way she could have changed garb so fast without magic.

Okay fine! LOL IT'S MAGIC!

Skunk

Floof
I always referred to Sheik as "he," but Sheik could be a she. Sticking with "he" for my vote, though.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Obviously Sheik is a female. It wouldn't be hard to use wrapping to conceal Zelda's chest, add a bit more clothing and you'd be hard-pressed to tell if Zelda was a guy or girl. Also, that line from Ruto about how "he" saved her from the ice could just be Ruto mistaking the identity of Sheik. It's much more believable to me that Zelda learned the Sheikkah art of quick-changing to wrap herself up in an outfit designed to conceal her identity than it is that she somehow learned to magically change her gender.

She used a combination of magic and crossdressing to disguise herself as male. No amount clothing and cosmetics in the world [of reality or The Legend of Zelda] is enough to transfigure some of the physical traits that Sheik has (Sheikah eyes, for instance). Otherwise it'd be TOO easy for Ganondorf to uncover her identity; the guy may not bear the Triforce of Wisdom, but he's not necessarily a dumb-dumb. Who would expect an athletic, ninja-like Sheikah male to actually be a 'soft, dainty princess' (although, she was revealed via Gossip Stone to be somewhat of a tomboy)—it's the ideal ruse. Princess Ruto might have either been tricked by the ruse—that Zelda (as Sheik) was indeed a male—, or she simply played along by Zelda's request. In short, Sheik is Zelda, therefore she is female.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
It's simple. Sheik, the disguise, is meant to be Male. So in that sense, Sheik is Male. But it's a girl(Zelda) using that disguise, so Zelda is Female, Sheik is Male.
That's all there is too it.
Problem Solved.
Peace-out! *Victory Hand sign*

Has anyone considered Sheik is simply Zelda just in disguise. It doesn't take a transformation to put on a costume.

Kybyrian

This is a topic that has long-since been ordained by the Masters of Zelda as one too controversial for discussion.

Quite personally, I refer to Sheik as a he, but recognize "him" as actually being a girl. Obviously the persona is one of a male, but the person underneath is actually Zelda, a woman. I don't believe that any sort of complicating magic is used to make Zelda actually change bodies and turn into a man. I also think that all of the bandages on Sheik also serve to emphasize my point. Covering almost every aspect of the body is a quick way for people to assume that you're male, especially with a chest strapped down as well as that. The face being covered would obviously hide any feminine look, and if Sheik is an entirely different body, what would be the need to hide the face? I don't think that's all there just for looks; Zelda was going through lengths to hide her face to assure that no one would find out it was her. I've always thought that Sheik's had a distinctly feminine look, as well, especially with posture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom