• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Sheik: He or She?

Sheik: He or She?

• He

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She

• Undecided

• This question is too awkward for me

• Total voters

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Sheik has and always will be female to me. He/She is Zelda, so theres that. And Sheik never looked much like a guy. Of course, she didn't look very female either, but something about her body shape screamed female when I saw her.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, I have always agreed with the opinion that Juicie and others share. 'Shiek' is a character, a character that is male. This character is played by a female, ie Zelda. So, Zelda is female, but the persona she portrays is a male character either real or made up. Shiek is male, played by a female. Simple as that.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Warning: I will be talking about Busts in this post, so move along if you wish.

Well for starters, take a look at Sheik's artwork:

eoC8MbM.png

Badly outlined wrapping

In order to disguise themselves as male, several women (such as Joan of Arc) have used a technique known as "Breast Binding." Now, this would not be nearly as effective for larger busts, but let's look at the OoT Zelda:

cZqtRM7.png

Now look at Sheik's character model from the N64:

Sheik.png

With OoT Zelda's smaller bust size, binding techniques could easily disguise them as pectoral muscles. So no, Zelda would not need magic to transform into Sheik. We can make headcanons all we like, but Occam's Razor says otherwise.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
With OoT Zelda's smaller bust size, binding techniques could easily disguise them as pectoral muscles. So no, Zelda would not need magic to transform into Sheik. We can make headcanons all we like, but Occam's Razor says otherwise.

That really doesn't matter, because it's CLEARLY magic that Zelda uses. Her transformation from Sheik back into Zelda provides undeniable proof of that.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
That really doesn't matter, because it's CLEARLY magic that Zelda uses. Her transformation from Sheik back into Zelda provides undeniable proof of that.

One possible explanation for why it looks like she uses magic to transform (regardless of whether or not she is actually using magic or not) is that Nintendo did not want to wast time and energy animating an unveiling scene, to they just used the burst of light.

Sheik is very likely a magically generated guise intended to conceal Zelda's identity and gender with miner physical and or physiological changes if you look at sheiks body a female form is distinguishable from her guise, this would not be easily discerned by other characters as her actions would likely for the most part be of a stealth based nature, meaning it would be very difficult for anyone other than link (do to the manner of their interactions) to get a clear look at sheik, making her somewhat minimal transformational guise more than effective without actually changing her gender, this said it is not out of the realm of possibility that the transformation is more extensive to the point of gender change, but I believe Sheik looks like a woman with an athletic build and until solid evidence is supplied I'm inclined to keep believing that sheik is a woman.

Side note, guy or gal Sheik kicks *** but Samus Aran is better.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
THere is no magical transformation guys, she is just in disguise to hide herself from Ganon. Shiek looked like a girl the first time i seen her in the original 64 version. Not to mention the concept art. So Shiek as been and alway will be a she. it was a disguise. yeah the dialog in the game was a big confusing but that was just proof that the disguise was working.

Never once did i think (even as a 12 year old boy) think that shiek was a male. She played a harp for gods sake, yeah come back at me and say (link played a harp) tell me, other than twilight princess has Link not come off a lil girly.... especially in SS!

There's actually a really funny series of videos on Youtube called the Legend of Zelda Abridged or something similar. It's OoT with bad voiceovers. Anyway, the VO for Sheik and Zelda is the same but Link refuses to notice it and says that Sheik is super macho and stuff but Navi keeps saying it's obviously Zelda in disguise.

Honestly, the first time I played OoT (I was 17 I think-it was 98 or 99) and I met Sheik, I thought-huh, is that Zelda?

Snake magic has to be involved, explane how her eye color changed or the scene in the temple of time where she reveals her true identity and her disguise just disappears, the appearance of the triforce on her hand just before the reveal as well as her eye color changing back to blue after suggests magic, I can't see any other logical explanation other than magic is involved in her disguise.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
The eye color (which ive never notice before) can easily be explained. She changed outfits right. Well a lot of women and some men's eyes change color depending on the shades or colors are reflecting around them. Like me when i wear white or green or any lighter color, my eyes are grey. But if i wear black, or something darker, they are as blue as Links Zora Tunic in OoT.

As for the Triforce on her hand this is easy. In all Zelda games beside Twilight Princess the triforce on the the chosen ones hands are not visible until active for what ever reason. Twilight Princess is the only game where Links Triforce can be seen be for he is realized to be the chosen!

Just sayin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom