• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Sheik: He or She?

Sheik: He or She?

• He

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She

• Undecided

• This question is too awkward for me

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
With all that came out at yesterday's Smash Direct, there's been a lot of talk about Sheik. Sheik is some sort male of transformation or disguise Zelda gets into in OoT. What;s your ruling on Sheik's status as man or woman. As a kid, I always thought it was a disguise, as Sheik's clothing appears to be wrapping, which would be used to hide Zelda's boobs. Thus Sheik is still Zelda, and thus a she. I also hear its a magical transformation that turns Zelda into a man. What's your ruling?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Well, even as a kid, I always thought Sheik was a she in OoT. No idea why. That's just how she came off as to me, and that's why it wasn't too jarring when she was revealed to be Zelda. I mean, I'm not gonna sit here and say that I knew Sheik was Zelda the whole time when I was a kid, but the fact that Sheik turned out to be a lady in disguise wasn't surprising on a gender level, just a...basic plot twist level, if that makes sense.

As for the question, I guess, yeah, Sheik is supposed to be disguised as a male, but, to put it plainly, Zelda doesn't undergo a gender transformation every time she turns into Sheik. That would be way too odd, even for Nintendo. Its a woman disguised as a man, but is still a woman. That's my thoughts anyways.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I think the persona of Sheik is a he, but zelda wears him as an illusion. Think Loki transforming into Captain America in Thor 2

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The fact that Sheik is actually Zelda leads me to call her a woman. Plus, there was the fact that when I first saw Sheik I thought she was female. When Ruto referred to her as a "he" I was really confused. :cooky: I've always referred to Sheik as a "she".

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
He's just a man with a killer physique, that's all. Ain't a crime for a man to have curves; it's a crime to not show 'em off!

So, man. :)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't think there can be much debate, it's Zelda dressed as a male going by the name of Sheik. The persona of Sheik is male but Sheik is just Zelda in disguise.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Just as a few others have said, I too thought Sheik was female when s/he first appeared in OOT. I don't know, even despite the lack of a bosom, Sheik looked a little petite and feminine to me. Personally, I've always thought she was wearing armor under her clothes or some type of wrapping to hide her breasts, rather than her actual physical body changing... then again, she also has red eyes as opposed to Zelda's blue, so magic had to have been used somewhat. :hmm:
But Sheik is Zelda in disguise. Therefore, I'd say she's female. Full magical transformation or not, Sheik would still be mentally a women no matter what form she takes on.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I've always called Shiek a he. I knew it was Zelda due to smash bros, but Shiek is a he to me.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I think it's a little deeper than just "Boy or Girl". My own interpretation is that Sheik is a man, Zelda is a Girl. And they trade existances. Though Sheik may have the mind of Zelda, they are two separate people.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Just as a few others have said, I too thought Sheik was female when s/he first appeared in OOT. I don't know, even despite the lack of a bosom, Sheik looked a little petite and feminine to me. Personally, I've always thought she was wearing armor under her clothes or some type of wrapping to hide her breasts, rather than her actual physical body changing... then again, she also has red eyes as opposed to Zelda's blue, so magic had to have been used somewhat. :hmm:
But Sheik is Zelda in disguise. Therefore, I'd say she's female. Full magical transformation or not, Sheik would still be mentally a women no matter what form she takes on.

That was obviously cosmetic red contact lenses, duh! ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom