• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Shatterpoint

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I am pretty sure you've all forgotten about this. Remember me saying I'd make a Hunger Games one-shot? Well, this is it. Comment and enjoy.

The black coat billowed behind the man's slim figure as he stood in the hovercraft looking down at the place known as District 2 below him. "Are you ready for this?" the pilot asked the man, and he nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be," he said, and strapped the parachute to his back. The pilot smirked, and said, "Have fun, kiddie." The man shot him a glare, and he fell silent.

The man skydived off of the hovercraft, hurtling toward the metropolis that was District 2. He opened his parachute, and floated down. When he reached the inside gate, he landed. Two guards came rushing to him, armed, as they had seen him drop from an unidentified hovercraft. They aimed their guns at him. "State your name and business," said the nearer of the two.

The man smiled. "Sorry good sirs, no can do." The gun seemed to glide out of his sleeve, and within two seconds, the guards were dead. The man kicked over their bodies. The pilot's voice came in from the earchip. "Solomon, are you sure we should be attacking such a prime target? I know you wanted to go bigger, but this is too much."

The man named Solomon watched as the alarm sounded, the electric fences being checked. His intrusion had not gone undetected. "There's no such thing as too much, my friend." The pilot sounded very worried. "They're onto us! If they find out where you come from-" "So be it. Actually, I'd like them to find out. It's more fun that way, and even though everyone says I'm 'getting old,' I still love having fun. Now watch yourself." He turned the earpiece off, and without further ado, took off through the metropolis.

He had been there before, three years ago, as a scouting mission. Solomon's thought had been that the Capitol would expect them to not have a long term goal. Which was why they increased the defenses for District 2. When it was clear that the Capitol had completely forgotten about his little escapade he launched the assault on the Peacekeeper's Academy. The only place where innocents would not be hurt.

Solomon found himself at the gates of his target, locked tight. He stealthily climbed up the wall, avoiding patrolling guards. He slipped inside the building, dodging obstacles. He found himself in the center room, a room with many pillars around the room, holding up the wall above. It happened to be the perfect place for a bomb. Or two. Or three.

Inside the room was a training group of Peacekeepers. They were shooting targets, practicing marksmanship. Solomon slipped around the shadows of the room, placing bombs at every pillar he could find. Then, it all went wrong. The siren wailed. Solomon knew that every single Peacekeeper trainee wished to prove themselves to their superiors. They would do anything to do so.

The sergeant came into the room, and spoke to them in a surprisingly soft voice. "There is an intruder in the building. You know what to do." The Peacekeepers all nodded, ad went to search the building, leaving Solomon alone in the room with the sergeant. Solomon slipped out of the shadows and stood behind the man's back.

"Hello." The man did not turn around. "Ah yes, the intruder." Solomon stepped forward a bit. "You were easy to infiltrate." The sergeant chuckled, and turned around. "Easy to infiltrate, huh? Have you ever given any thought as to how you'll get out?" The lights came on and Solomon noticed for the first time that there was an entire row of Peacekeepers on the balcony, armed and ready.

"So you're the man who's been a thorn in Panem's side since the day it began," the sergeant said. Solomon nodded. "Yes." Sergeant laughed. "Kill him." The Peacekeepers aimed their guns. Solomon smiled. "Oh, I don't think so." He pulled the gun out of his sleeve and shot down three Peacekeepers automatically, and avoided return fire."

He pulled out another gun and fired at the opposite row of Peacekeepers. Each shot hit its mark. The sergeant pulled out a gun of his own, preparing to kill him by sheer force of numbers. Then he looked up and realized all his men were dead. He chuckled. "You may think you win, Coin. But you don't." From the doors behind him burst out rows of Peackeepers, and they all aimed at Solomon.

"Surrender, and I'll grant you a quick death," said the sergeant, shaking his gun threateningly. Solomon dropped his guns, and raised his hands up into the air. "And." the sergeant began, but Solomon interrupted him. "Yeah, I know, I know. Die." As he said the last word, he pressed the detonator in his left hand, and the entire place blew up.

Most of the Peacekeepers had the sense to move away from the building. However, most of them didn't make it. Solomon ran to a point which was a skylight with no window, a way to let in fresh air. It was also the only place in the building that wouldn't get turned to rubble. He watched as the entire place collapsed.

Solomon scanned the rubble, looking for survivors. On the way, he picked up his guns, and pocketed them. He then found someone still alive half-buried under a pile of rubble. It was the sergeant. "Please...." he whispered. Solomon pulled out his gun, and shot him in the head. He then looked towards the sky, waiting for the hovercraft to arrive.

Shatterpoint has dealt a major blow against the Capitol, he thought. And this is only the beginning.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
You probably pieced together that this is describing the attack on District 2. This could prove to be important later...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom