• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sharp And Flat Alive?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It's a possibility that the Royal Composer Brothers might be alive in SS, what do you think of this theory. Would you like to see the brothers as they were when they were living or would you rather they refrain from using old characters from past games? I think it should happen, SS Link should at least learn a song or three, but I'm not sure since the focus is on the Skyward Sword this time and not on an instrument like the 64 games.. any thoughts?

I think everyone wants to make these connections to older games and things, but we just have to accept that there will probably be no character connections. I mean TP had a lot of OOT locations but no ghosts of OOT characters (assuming that TP comes after OOT in the timeline). Expect similar locations, some music, and cool connections (Temple of Time in TP) but I think that Sharp and Flat won't be in SS.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
(assuming that TP comes after OOT in the timeline)
There is no reason not to assume that. And there are at least two factors that pretty much confirm just that: The Hyrulian character banished to the Twilight Realm that Link has to fight really late in the game (this is me trying to avoid spoilers), and the picture of the fishing pond owner (speculated to be a potential ancestor of the cute girl who runs the fishing pond in TP). And that's just the in-game evidence. An Aounuma interview placed TP about 100 years after OoT and MM.

To get back on topic, while it's certainly possible that Sharp and Flat are in the game, I doubt it. All we know is that SWS happens before OoT (at the beginning of the timeline, to be exact), but even if we assume that Hyrule (at the time of OoT) is just a couple of centuries old, the chance that SWS takes place at exactly those couple of decades where Sharp and Flat lived is still pretty slim. If SWS is too early, then they aren't even born yet, if SWS is too late, then they are already dead.

Oh, and one other thing: If the game truly is about the origin of the Hyrulian coat of arms (as was speculated, if not already confirmed, I'm not sure), then it's probably happening at the very beginning of the royal bloodline, making it even less likely that we'll meet the royal family's court musicians.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I would be surprised if there are many or any real tie-ins to other Zelda games and their characters...Nintendo seems to wipe the slate clean and start afresh with each Zelda, no?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Not really. Majora's Mask is a direct sequel of Ocarina of Time and has the same Link. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are OoT sequels as well, though they star different Links. Phantom Hourglass has Link and Zelda from Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks has a new Link, but other characters from WW and PH appear. Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures all belong together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom