• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Share your gym routine

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
How much hours do you spend per day?
What's your routine?
What're your PRs?
What supplements do you use?
What do you cook?

I spend an hour a day, 30 minutes when I'm busy. I do ppl yesterday was a pull day (though I pulled 0 *****es) and today was a push day (I couldn't pull out a drowning person today). Tomorrow I train my legs (By running away from my gym bro when he texts "let's hit leg today")

PR
Bench- 77kg (in machine)
Deadlift- Not enough weights. No seriously, the college gym has (2×20, 2×15,1×10 2×5) kg
Squat- Ok it's embarrassingly low...50kg

Supplements
Muscle Power 100% whey

I eat the food in hostel, that's the problem. It's vegetarian and you can't bring outside food inside

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I do 4-5 days of gym a week and I pair the following muscles together.

1 Chest and Shoulders
2 Back and biceps
3 Chest and Shoulders
4 Back and Legs
5 Arms and calves

Sessions are 1-1 1/2 hours

PR's
Bench 140kgs
Deadlift 190kgs
Squat 120kgs (I've got a dodgy knee and I don't push them)

Supps
MyProtein Whey, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Lycopene, Omega 3

I cook all sorts of things. soups, curries, jerk chicken, piri piri. Also eat out quite a bit. I aim for 3100 Cal's a day at the moment and 220gs protein.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Sick press bro

Also, you train calves only once a week?
I don't get enough hypertropy and I train calves till failure every time
Thank you!

Yeah I live in cloudy England. Nobody sees your calves here so I dont see the point in me focusing on them. Maybe if you live in a short wearing area it is worth it

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
Thank you!

Yeah I live in cloudy England. Nobody sees your calves here so I dont see the point in me focusing on them. Maybe if you live in a short wearing area it is worth it
Makes sense. I mostly wear shorts here.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Well, I wake up in the morning around 9-10 AM. I eat breakfast (usually some cereal), shower, then head to work.

After work, I check if there's band practice, if so, that means I haul heavy ass equipment, namely my pedalboard and bag which together I'm convinced weigh 40 lbs. I also haul my guitars, which aren't at all light inside of heavy ass hardshell cases.

So per day, I haul around hundreds of pounds of equipment that costs upwards of thousands of dollars all so I can play music for a living.

If there's a show, that's more heavy lifting. My amp head weighs 41 lbs, and my 4x12 speaker cabinet weighs 75-80 lbs, along with my pedalboard and any guitars I need for that particular show. That's just my stuff. I also help everyone else haul their stuff, namely my drummer who also has the heaviest equipment of us all.

During the show I guess you can call it cardio because I am a bit crazy on-stage.

Then comes tear-down, and it's the same thing again. No time to stop for a beer, at least.

Needless to say, after a show, I'm exhausted.

When I get the time, I do basic calisthenics like push ups, sit ups, squats, burpees, and stuff. Combined with some good stretching, as I've found as I got to my 30's, you have to stretch all the time, otherwise you pull a muscle doing basic sh*t.

That said, I do want to get in my local area's MMA gym as soon as possible. I used to do some judo back in the day, and I kinda miss doing some martial arts to unwind. I also used to play basketball and baseball all the time, and I just... stopped for some reason.

But, we'll see what happens.

As far as diet, I'm terrible about it. I just eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I don't know how much protein I consume daily, or how many calories I eat.

My big weaknesses are dairy and red meat, though, so I try to chill out on those.

As far as supplements, only a generic multivitamin. And caffeine from all the black tea I've been drinking. I quit nicotine altogether, as I felt the worst when I was smoking and vaping. Best decision I ever made.

So, I'm in shape, medically and physically, but I'm not skinny nor a bodybuilder.

I'm just an average joe, lol.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven’t gone to the gym since high school but if I start again I might have a routine something like this:

January 1: Decide my New Years resolution is to start going to the gym
January 2: Sign up for a membership and take a look around the gym
January 3-10: Hit up the gym each day with the strong passion of a New Years resolution
January 11: Miss a day at the gym and then not return until next year because I broke the streak

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I haven’t gone to the gym since high school but if I start again I might have a routine something like this:

January 1: Decide my New Years resolution is to start going to the gym
January 2: Sign up for a membership and take a look around the gym
January 3-10: Hit up the gym each day with the strong passion of a New Years resolution
January 11: Miss a day at the gym and then not return until next year because I broke the streak
This is how gyms make all their money an they cons...

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Typically when I go to the gym I usually lap swim for like 30 minutes to an hour before hitting the hot tub and taking a shvitz. If anything I always come back to my place wanting to take a nap or sunbathe afterwards.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I recently started using the Elliptical at the Y I have started off with a distance of 1.6 Miles, which I replaced to a record distance of 3.1 Miles, I am thinking sometime before the Holidays extending the distance to 4.2 Miles or Possibly 5.6 Miles. Usually afterwards all that walking I end up in the Hot Tub since my ankle joints are usually pretty sore following it by jumping into the Steam Room and Sauna since at the Y branch I am a member of has the Hot Tub, Steam Room, Showers and Sauna in the Locker Rooms so I can take a "Bath" after my workout.

Last edited:

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
I recently started using the Elliptical at the Y I have started off with a distance of 1.6 Miles, which I replaced to a record distance of 3.1 Miles, I am thinking sometime before the Holidays extending the distance to 4.2 Miles or Possibly 5.6 Miles. Usually afterwards all that walking I end up in the Hot Tub since my ankle joints are usually pretty sore following it by jumping into the Steam Room and Sauna since at the Y branch I am a member of has the Hot Tub, Steam Room Showers and Sauna in the Locker Rooms so I can take a "Bath" after my workout.
Bro does cardio :ohno::^^:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom