• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Temple w/o Lens of Truth

bellum

Gamer since age 2

here is my Impossible test

Can you make it through the shadow temple without the lens of truth and it really could seem impossible for some people but I'm gonna try to do it and if any one else can do this please post here and I will honor you in the shadow temple hall of fame

Last edited:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
It is impossible to go through the dungeon without the Lens of Truth. There are certain things that can only be seen with it. In addition, the Lens of Truth are REQUIRED to enter the dungeon and move the stone statue in the beginning. So, unless you used the Lens of Truth for those times, then it is impossible.

It is impossible to go through the dungeon without the Lens of Truth. There are certain things that can only be seen with it. In addition, the Lens of Truth are REQUIRED to enter the dungeon and move the stone statue in the beginning. So, unless you used the Lens of Truth for those times, then it is impossible.

Not true at all. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's impossible to do anything. For the beginning puzzle, it would just be guess work. But for the rest, you could do it. It would be extremely hard though, and I doubt I'll ever try it. I hate the Shadow Temple in the first place.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
My first thought on this was: Does not seem that difficult. But then I started to think about the "hookshot" room (the room with the re-deads and lots of hookshooting). I am not gonna try it!

bellum

Gamer since age 2
It is not impossible, not at all... But you do need the Lens of Truth to beat Bongo-Bongo, I guess
not nessecarially cause you can time it right so that you hit bongo bongo or you can watch the hands charge at you and you'd have to memorize the seconds it takes to get bongo bongo but It takes a lot of practice

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
This is really cool. I haven't played Ocarina of Time in a heck of a long time, but for some reason I just think... even without the lens of truth, some items 'are not there'. Like, if I recall correctly, aren't there some treasure chests that can only be seen with the Lens of Truth. Perhaps I'm far off.

Although the consensus in this thread seems to think its possible, but really hard to do. This would be a fun journey for the hardcore Ocarina of Time fan. While I'm a big Zelda fan, I'm not sure I'd try to attempt something like this. However, this is certainly a fun challenge and if somebody can get it memorized, its certainly recordable and youtube worth. :)

Not true at all. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's impossible to do anything. For the beginning puzzle, it would just be guess work. But for the rest, you could do it. It would be extremely hard though, and I doubt I'll ever try it. I hate the Shadow Temple in the first place.

I hate it too. I can' find my way around and It's infuriating.
Bellum, what you're attempting to do here is likely to fail, i reckon. But If and when you succed you'll probably be commended.
The odds of suceeding in the shadow temple without the lens of truth is probably 20% or something, which is very small. But you'll do well to try.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
....... if I recall correctly, aren't there some treasure chests that can only be seen with the Lens of Truth. Perhaps I'm far off......

I am pretty sure I opened a chest once without using the lens of truth (just luck, not skills)

But I wouldn´t bet my life on it though.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am pretty sure I opened a chest once without using the lens of truth (just luck, not skills)

But I wouldn´t bet my life on it though.

As far as chests are concerned, you need the lens or the game will act as if there isn't any chest

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
"IMPOSSIBLE" I don't think so. . .

I did it one time (it took me months) because I already know by heart where everything is so I don't need it but the thing that I couldn't do was the boss THAT'S Impossible. The only part that I died over and over again is the one where the bock it's moving.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
"IMPOSSIBLE" I don't think so. . .

I did it one time (it took me months) because I already know by heart where everything is so I don't need it but the thing that I couldn't do was the boss THAT'S Impossible. The only part that I died over and over again is the one where the bock it's moving.

You need the lens to open the chests, if you don't use them, the game assumes there are no chests there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom