• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Shadow Temple or Spirit Temple: Which Comes First?

Which did you do first?

• Spirit temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow temple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
you can't do either of the last two temples without the lens of truth, and by the time you've gotten that, you've seen the clip when sheik tells you to kill bongo bongo, so it feels natural to go for the shadow temple first. However, on the file selection screen, the medallion for the spirit temple is before that for the shadow temple. The medallion for spirit is also the fourth clockwise from the light medallion. Also, the prelude of light is above the nocturne of shadow on the song screen, despite the nocturne of shadow being unavoidably taught first, or you can't get the lens of truth.
I know it doesn't affect the gameplay, but I'm just curious as to which temple you guys did first and which you think Nintendo intended us do complete first.
I originally did the shadow temple first, because, like I said, it feels more natural after the cutscenes you are shown. On the master quest, I did spirit temple first because I prefer it.

I've always done the shadow temple first. Even Navi's hint after beating the water temple is something about let's find Sheik. I am sure they meant to have the shadow temple first. As for the song order, the temple of light order, and the medallion order on the opening screen, I believe the Zelda team did it on purpose as an injoke, or to add threads just like this to be speculated upon.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Shadow Temple first seeing as that's where Navi hints for you to go, telling you to go to the desert after

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
The Spirit Emblem comes first. However, it does not necessarily matter. I go to the Shadow Dungeon to retrieve the Hover Boots. I, then, proceed to the Spirit Temple.

MW7

I used to always do Shadow as the second last dungeon, but now I always do it last. I usually do the Spirit Temple as early as possible (without glitches) so I usually finish that right after the Forest Temple or the Water Temple, leaving the Fire Temple for second last and the Shadow Temple last. I like doing the game this way because I like skipping the Goron Tunic so the extra heart container from the Spirit Temple helps. It makes the game more fun for me because then the Fire Temple is much harder because some of the temple is a race against the clock without the tunic.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
I used to always do Shadow as the second last dungeon, but now I always do it last. I usually do the Spirit Temple as early as possible (without glitches) so I usually finish that right after the Forest Temple or the Water Temple, leaving the Fire Temple for second last and the Shadow Temple last. I like doing the game this way because I like skipping the Goron Tunic so the extra heart container from the Spirit Temple helps. It makes the game more fun for me because then the Fire Temple is much harder because some of the temple is a race against the clock without the tunic.
I never thought of doing it that way. Do you do that on master quest, or just on regular, because on MQ, that would be horrible. I'll try that next time around.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
On my first playthrough of OoT I got the Lens of Truth and the headed to the Shadow Temple, just as Sheik told me. I've done it that way ever since, because the realization never dawned upon me that the intended order can be juggled a bit. It's definitely something I want to try out, and some of the previous comments gave me the conception it would need to be done. Part of me can't help but wonder if Nintendo intentionally established it this way; where we can mix things up if we wish but still reach the same conclusion at the end.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I did the Shadow Temple first because I was following Caleb's walthrough.

MW7

I never thought of doing it that way. Do you do that on master quest, or just on regular, because on MQ, that would be horrible. I'll try that next time around.

I actually did do it in master quest and it was a little harder. You can't do Spirit before Fire in Master Quest though (you need the megaton hammer for the boss key; technically I could get the hammer then finish Spirit first but by that time you're near the end of the Fire Temple anyway) so I had one less heart container than I did in the normal quest.

Somewhat related to the topic, I once heard that someone did the Shadow Temple right after the Water Temple without realizing that the lens of truth existed. Imagine how hard that would be on your first playthrough, guessing where everything is. If they would have ventured toward Gerudo Valley first, they almost would have had to hear about the eye of truth at least when they tried crossing the haunted wasteland.

I do the Spirit Temple first, always have.
Maybe because every one else was doing it.
I find the Shadow Temple a great temple to do last, beacuse of the atmosphere, it just feels right being the last temple.
(have to admit that for Oot 3D, I, for the first time did the Shadow Temple first, just to try it out)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Overall, Shadow Temple, but try this:
- Spirit Temple (Young Link)
- Shadow Temple
- Spirit Temple (Adult Link)

If you want a challenge, complete Gerudo's Training Ground without Hover Boots. You must visit all rooms and use all small keys.

MW7

Overall, Shadow Temple, but try this:
- Spirit Temple (Young Link)
- Shadow Temple
- Spirit Temple (Adult Link)

If you want a challenge, complete Gerudo's Training Ground without Hover Boots. You must visit all rooms and use all small keys.

That is a good point. Since Shadow is in the midde, Spirit is technically before and after it so everybody wins. I've actually done that and it felt funny to do. It's like adult Spirit was calling me to finish it while I was doing the Shadow Temple.

Also I actually have done the Gerudo Training Grounds without the Hover Boots a couple of times. The room where you have to get silver rupees over the lava pit (2 doors to the right of the entrance I think) seems impossible without the Hover Boots but is simple once you realize you can hookshot the torches spread over the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom