• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Link?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
What is the main difference between Shadow Link and Dark Link? I know that it's Shadow Link who appears in FSA and Dark Link in OOT, but not sure in the other games.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
Shadow Link copies Link's moves exactly, while Dark Link is a reflection I think.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Shadow Link is the embodiment of all Evil in Zelda II, Created by the Triforce holder as Links final test of courage. Also, he pretty much does what Link does.

Dark Link was conjured up by eiether Ganon or the Zora's to:
A.) Stop Link and Kill him
B.) Protect the Longshot

The one is FSA Was probably conjured up by Vaati to stop the Links.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on the name differences. It's simple, Vaati probably conjured up Shadow Link in FSA to hinder you. Dark Link was put in place, most likely by Ganon, in the Water Temple to hinder him, either that, or it was an intense product of Link's imagination. Link's Shadow was in AoL to test him. I honestly think that they're all different entities, but the names are interchangeable.
Edit:
As I remember it, the Shadow Links in FSA were brought forth by the Dark Mirror.

Last edited:
The two Links are totally different because the shadow one has kind of a mind of its own. The Dark one is an exact reflection of Link. I just thought of this but what if Dark Link was put there by some great entity (maybe the 3 godessess) to test Link, instead of just a monster made by Ganondorf?

The two Links are totally different because the shadow one has kind of a mind of its own. The Dark one is an exact reflection of Link. I just thought of this but what if Dark Link was put there by some great entity (maybe the 3 godessess) to test Link, instead of just a monster made by Ganondorf?

That is interesting:

Dark Link is from the godesses
Shadow Link is from Ganondorf

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I liked Dark Link from OoT. Not really! Most irritating battle of my life. Died twice. Thank god... i mean goddesses.... for fairies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom