• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Link In SS

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I too think they missed out heavily. None of the "sword fights" in this game felt like sword fights. Dark Link could use his own 1:1 swordplay where he DOESN'T have to track your every movement. That'd make for an amazing boss fight, unlike the quintillion phases of Ghirahim.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
...None of the "sword fights" in this game felt like sword fights. Dark Link could use his own 1:1 swordplay where he DOESN'T have to track your every movement. That'd make for an amazing boss fight...
I agree with this, and I think this is the biggest thing I can see that was missed in the game. Maybe they could have made the third ghirahim battle cut straight to the sword phase and have it be like dark link, except he has his own AI.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I <3 shadow link! I would love for him to be in the game if this time they actually gave him some CHARACTER. Most of the other times you fight him, you dont know anything about him other than he is trying to kill you. So you try to kill him. And there, he is dead before you know anything about him

I think adding Shadow or Dark Link is kinda redundant since we have a Dark-Link character by the name of Ghirahim. A Dark Link with advance aggressive AI could be a nice battle for veteran players, but it would just be extremely overkill for newcomers, especially if they are still trying to get used to the 1:1 controls. It was hard for me to beat 3rd Ghirahim since he has one weakspot and trying to disarm him was a pain. And beside, what would Dark Link add in the story? Like I said, Ghirahim is our Dark Link in Skyward Sword to the point of having shipping fanbase that Dark Link has and he has more personality than all of the Dark Links combined. Dark Link is nothing more than just a shadow that mimics your moves and attacks. He only gets personality from the non-canon manga.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think Dark/Shadow Link would have been a good addition to Skyward Sword.
Although I thought some of the bosses had some challenge to them, a true 1:1 battle would be epic. :)

I think they should have. I mean, Ghirahim kind of fit the bill, but not really. He never really, truly had a 1:1 sword fight with you. He was always doing all that teleporting and knife throwing. Also, TwilightDeku, Dark Link is an embodiment of the evil side of Link. Link isn't really fleshed out, so why would Dark Link be? I think Dark Link is just one of those things where you look at it, and think, man... that is so cool. You don't know why, and you don't care why, but that incredibly difficult battle was one of the most awesome things of your life.

Groose

Groosenator
I don't know. Adding Dark Link to games a lot would make the character and idea of the character a little dull. I think its good they held off this time, but maybe sometime in the near future it would be good.

I have to say that I didn't really miss a Dark Link in this game. I find the concept of having to fight the evil in Link (resulting in him becoming stronger as a person and growing more into his role of a hero) very cool, though I think that he has always been a pretty easy enemy (as long as you perform the little trick at the end of Zelda II, that is). With that said, I think they shouldn't overuse that concept, and it would have been a little displaced here in my opinion, as Link is already constantly proving his worth as a hero, and therefore doesn't need a test like fighting his dark side / himself.

Fig

The Altruist
I miss Dark/Shadow Link so much. I would have enjoyed those parts of Skyward Sword if they added him in the game. It would also explain some origin story of how he was created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom