• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sewing

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Simple thread, do you like sewing and why? Are you actually good on it?
Well, to start: I like sewing and I just started liking it 2 years ago and actually kinda got the hang of it, except that I would ask my mom to stop the sew whenever it's end of the line.
So I made a small, cute and blue pouch but sadly it's gone..

So yeah, do you like sewing?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I am not a big fan of the ol' needle and thread. I only ever use it to sew up any holes in my clothes or reattach lost buttons.

The first and last time I ever made something from scratch was a pair of shorts (that's short pants to some of you thinking otherwise) was in my year 9 home ec class. Let's just say it was not an enjoyable experience.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I only sew when I have a specific project in mind. I've sewn a couple of costumes for cons and such, but for the most part I don't like to sew that much.

Beeker

Wild Card
Sewing has become one of my favourite hobbies. If anything, I can't put the needle down!
I make mostly plushies and small things like hats, but now I'm starting on clothing and costumes.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well back when I was around about 12-14 we were forced to take textiles in school, so I was kind of forced to.

I never got round to the sewing part actually...I found threading the thread "so to say" in the needle to be as close to impossible as you can come in life :/

Well back when I was around about 12-14 we were forced to take textiles in school, so I was kind of forced to.

I never got round to the sewing part actually...I found threading the thread "so to say" in the needle to be as close to impossible as you can come in life :/
You make it sound like you were in some kind of concentration camp.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I do not have the magical ability to sew. I've never learned it, but quite frankly I don't want to. Although the skill can come in handy, I really can't be bothered to learn it.

bunny

birb overlord
Yea, sewing is pretty fun. I first started sewing hrmm... about 5 years ago. My friend was really into sewing, so I decided to give it a go, too. I started out with just simple stuff like making outfits for my stuffed animals, and now I make my own stuffed animals. Oh, but I can't sew with a machine to save my life. I do everything by hand. It's a lot easier for smaller stuff.

It's definitely not my favorite hobby or anything, but I do enjoy sewing every now and then.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I like to sew; I've probably liked it for about a year maybe? I like it because it's something fun and interesting to do to pass the time, and I can hone my skills so I don't have to get someone else to fix/make things for me. :bleh: I'd say I'm pretty good at it; I made a Riza Hawkeye costume for Halloween of 2012 (I can post pics later), a Galadriel costume (same year), cloaks, shirt designs, a St. Therese costume (2011), and other stuff I can't recall. =) Yeah, I like to sew, and I'm pretty good at it. ^^

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I was forced to sew in Grade 8/9 during my Home Ec. class. I actually wasn't that bad at it, though I hated every second of it. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom