• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Several Questions About This Forum

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
Since I'm new here, I have several questions that I would like to get answered. Thanks for the help.
  1. What is the vBShop?
  2. What is considered as a "Blog"?
  3. How do I get a thread to stay at the top of the list, like "What Other Zelda Merchandise Do You Own Besides Games?", :A Link to the Past Enemy Artwork Competition" and "(Least) Favorite Game, Character, Item, Dungeon, Etc."? Because I have one that might be useful.
  4. What is the point of this "Friends" thing?
  5. What is "Gold"?
  6. Is there any rules for members to follow when they put up something for download?
  7. How do I resize a picture. For example, I have an image that's 1080 pixels by 500 pixels. Is there a way to make it smaller without editing the original file?

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
1. The vBShop is a neat little market where you can purchase forum goodies with gold. You get gold by posting in non-games forums (i.e Legend of Zelda, General Discussion, etc.). You can't purchase username color (those are earned by getting a rank), but you can purchase a shadow, bold, or underline. You can also purchase a mask from Majora's Mask or a cute little Pokemon. Those are displayed in your postbit (you'll see Squirtle in mine).

2. You can literally put anything in a blog as long as it complies with the rules. The blogs are generally spammy and pointless but they're pretty fun. Anything you want to talk about, you can blog about.

3. Threads that stay at the top of the list are called stickies. Only moderators and administrators can sticky threads. If you post your thread, you could probably ask a mod to sticky it. If they think it's a good idea, they will. It's up to their discretion.

4. There's not much of a point to it other than having a cute little list of people you're friends with. I have a couple hundred friends and I obviously don't talk to each one of them, but I like sending friend requests to let people know that I am indeed a friendly person.

5. Gold is virtual forum money. You get 5 gold for each post in a non-games forum (but no gold for posting in a games forum). As far as I know that's the only way to get gold but I'm not 100% sure.

edit: You can get gold by particpating in competitions, such as the Zelda Gameplay Challenge.

6. I don't really know what you'd be putting up for download here. We don't allow advertisements and the like.

7. I know that when you set an avatar, the forum will automatically resize most pictures. It will not resize signature images. You might be able to resize it by using HTML code but HTML is disabled in signatures anyway. I usually resize images in Paint, to be honest. If you can't resize it yourself, you can always ask another member if they would do so for you. We have many good graphic artists here.

Feel free to shoot me or one of the mods a PM if you need anymore help. :)

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Well, I'm working on some Zelda Minecraft Texture Packs and Maps. Would I be allowed to put them up for download when I finish them?

da rules said:
Rule #7: Do Not Advertise via Threads or Posts

It's fine for a user to link his or her website in his or her signature, but it is against the rules to create a thread or make a post in another thread purely to advertise something.

Typically users are not allowed to create threads just for the sake of advertising. I'm sure you could link to it in your signature or blog about it. Blogs are great for advertising; I think about 75% of my blogs are just me advertising stupid things.

Being that it's Zelda-related, however, you might be able to post something about it. I'm not sure. I'd get a mod's opinion before posting about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom