• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seven Elements RP

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Judith winced, and being called "Susan" confused her for a moment. It wasn't until the servant led the pair to the far table and sat across from her, his eyes clear with sobriety, that Judith started to understand what was going on. Her heart beat faster. Was the pair going to turn her in?

But the servant spoke and put an end to her fears. "Susan, you owe your friend here some coin for that bet you made the other day. I suggest you pay it. I know you're young and all, but you should learn to pay your debts when you're young. You'll be thankful for it."

Judith finally understood. She never gambled unless she was certain she would win, so this servant must have been the one to deliver the letter. And this woman must have been the assassin. The woman's stern appearance certainly looked the part, but still... she looked like she couldn't be much older than Judith herself!

Judith pulled the smaller of the two coin purses concealed in her sleeve. It was only a little smaller than her travel one, still large as a grapefruit, and packed full of gold coins of the highest currency. She slid the bag to the assassin. "It was a good wager," she said, finally able to play along. "I'll have to think twice before betting against you again."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Of course you will." The young lady smirked as she took Judith's money and put it in her cloak, putting on a rather convincing air of nonchalant smugness. Just like someone who had won a bet with a friend. "Because I always win." ...Though that last bit sent a hidden message: Turn me in, and there will be no hope for your pathetic lives.

Moonstone

Judith and the servant, of course, had no reason to do so. Judith, because if she did turn the assassin in, would surely be put on trial as well. Same as with the servant, who didn't care about his lord and lady at all. The assassination helped all of the servants. They knew the ins and outs of the estate, and would have the place picked clean of any valuables before the authorities even knew what had happened. Speaking of which...

The servant stood, and nodded to each of the ladies. "I think I've had enough to drink for tonight. I'd better get home, lest I cause the wife to worry." He made a hasty departure.

This left Judith at the table alone with the assassin. She had no where else to go for the night, so she considered asking the barkeep if he knew where she could locate an inn, or see if the tavern would keep her for the night.

She stood, having nothing else to say to the assassin- she had payed the woman the money for her services, and now it was probably best not to be seen with her. She walked over to the bartender and inquired about lodgings.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
And the assassin just stayed where she was, ironically in the exact same seat as she had been earlier that night. It was almost like she'd never left.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Quill simply stares at Judith placidly, a smile on his face that he hoped gave the impression that he knew what was going on...not that he did, at any rate. But it always amused him to make others uncomfortable, and thus give up something important.

Moonstone

Judith glared at Quill. The bartender had gone to take care of other patrons, and said he would be back with a room key once he'd finished with his rounds, so she was stuck waiting for him to return.

Quill was smiling at her in the way she'd seen many times before. He hoped she would tell him what had happened. It wouldn't work on her. "What do you want, Mister Quill?" Her tone was exasperated.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
"The woman you were talking to seems a bit conspicuous, don't you think?" he asks conversationally, kicking his legs back. "Hooded, black cloak, death glare...you know, that stuff. Blah blah blah. Anyway, to be perfectly blunt, Susan, I kinda feel like sticking my nose into other people's business today. So if you don't want me to ask...I most likely won't stop." He smirks. "Then I'll just see where my stubborn pigheadedness gets me, am I right?"

Moonstone

Judith cocked an eyebrow, but took what he said in easy stride. While common-folk with their blunt ways were not her forte, the roundabout questioning and needling certainly was.

"Nosy and judgmental, are you? Well, I'll have you know that she's my friend. She gets the look from her father." Judith was getting annoyed with this guy, but the bartender clearly had a heavy load of customers to handle, and some were being quite unruly at this hour. "Look, unless you have a room to spare for the night, I'm done speaking with you."

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
"But I'm not done speaking to you."

He leans forward. "You see the man over there, the one who offered you and Black over there a drink? He told me earlier tonight, and I quote, 'bad things happen to people who know too much.'" He smiles. "Am I going to have bad things happen to me?"

((Where would you like to go with this?))

Moonstone

((not sure, let's see how the players in the forest play out before we go much further.))

Judith laughed. Perhaps it was the weak drink, or her nerves, but she found what he said incredibly funny. Not like what the other men would say, certainly. It took her a little off guard.

"Who even says something like that?" She was acting her age again. A 17 year old without a clue of how bad the world could be.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
((Okay, sounds good. The six need to meet sooner or later, the question is when.))

He shrugs nonchalantly in response, smiling at her. "Naturally, as is the case with most times a person says something as odd as that, and that's full of "don't do this," I've obviously been trying to know as much as possible around here simply because he said that. I'm sure you understand." When he talks he drums his fingers on the table, but doesn't look agitated in the slightest, not even so late at night.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
"No where than? Funny." Raios said with a laugh. "It's not a really wise idea to come out here without a destination. Well, similar to you, I don't have a set destination, just as long as it's out of here."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Yeh!" Luke smiled, nodding at Raios' words. "Out. I like out. Wiff da win's 'n da skys 'n da sunny 'r da moons 'n twinkle-stars!" He twirled around in punctuation of his sentence, his eyes glued to the big wide sky above him. "Out good, I like out."

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((I say they meet when Felix goes to the city they're in and performs, Val his "partner", and, seeing their abilities, they team up to search for answers. By now, their elemental powers should start weakening.))

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Raios just nodded. "Okay then! It's decided!... I'm pretty sure this path leads outwards." Raios said pointing to a path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom