• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seven Elements RP

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"State your name and your business," Val said, keeping her arrow nocked. She was relieved that the bearer of the flame was not a monster, but she hardly trusted wizards, either. "I'll not harm you if you have no wish to harm me. And don't think I can't defend myself just because I'm a woman." She jerked her head in signal to the half-skinned manticore carcass hanging in a tree behind her.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
The woman gave this servant's letter a harsh, wary look before she picked it up, reading the letter's contents in only a moment. She pretended it took longer, though, as she thought about the offer. A lord and lady... that would most likely mean big pay. It would be rather difficult to sneak through a manor unnoticed, but since she could kill whatever servants got in her way...

She nodded, and pocketed the letter in her cloak. "We do." She spoke for the first time in this exchange. Her voice was silky and smooth, almost alluring without her even trying, yet still more than firm enough to remind you that she was in charge. Without another word, she got up from the table and left the servant there, skillfully avoiding tables, chairs and bar patrons alike as she weaved her way to the door. She gave the man one last glance as she reached the entrance, her smirk visible even on the complete other side of the room, then slipped out into the night.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Quill opens his eyes as he hears her leave, and deigns it best not to follow the woman who could most likely kill him without a second thought. His eyes find the servant. He smiles to himself and stands, dusting off some imaginary dust before making eye contact with the servant and nods in his direction, inwardly laughing.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
The servant remained seated, finishing his drink. He didn't want to be at the manor when the assassin was doing her work anyway. He hoped some of the younger servants would be wise enough to stay in their rooms during the commotion, but, if they didn't, it only meant more share of the remaining family valuables for him when this was all over.

--------------

A vision flashed in her mind again, more clear this time. A woman cloaked in darkness. The lifeless faces of her parents. She remained in her room, her trusted servant brushing her hair, both waiting for the coming storm.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
"So, what's the deal with Miss Doom and Gloom?"

Quill seems to crash into a chair opposing the servant, putting on a show of yawning after he finishes the words. "I mean, she was sitting there for some time, you just talk to her, up she goes." He grins. "Half thought she was gonna kill everyone in the tavern."

Moonstone

The servant eyes the man, but remains calm and unassuming. "My offer of a drink offended her, and nothing more. A beautiful young lady like that- It's no small wonder an old man like me might be unpleasant company."

He slid the drink he had brought for her over to the other man. "She wouldn't have any of it. I hate to see a good drink go to waste, and a man my age shouldn't be drinking so much."

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
He chuckles softly, and raises the drink to his lips. He sets it down. "Do you know why I am here?" he asks innocently, raising both eyebrows and taking another sip. "I'm bored. And I like looking out for interesting people. And I fail to see why you would attempt that on a woman who frankly to me looks like an assassin." He laughs, seemingly casual, to himself, drinking again. "Am I right?"

Moonstone

Again, he kept his response level. Living among the, bored, power-hungry, conniving aristocrats had led him to have many encounters such as this. "I have an interesting taste in women. I find the dangerous looking ones are often the best, if you get my meaning." He, too, took a swig of drink, feigning a man who just lost out on a prospect, and was no stranger to doing so. "As to why you're here, I don't know, and I don't make it my business to know. Bad things happen to people who know too much, and I value my life more than that." Besides, the servant thought as he had another drink, this time simply because the ale was good. I'm sure the folks around here will be talking about it as soon as you walk out of earshot, stranger.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
He chuckles, and quirks a curious eyebrow. "Bad things happen to people who know too much, huh?" He stands, taking one final swig of his drink. "I'll be sure to bear that in mind." He smiles cordially at the man, standing up and flapping his purple cloak dramatically, well aware that many of those in the room thought him ridiculous, and uncaring in the slightest. Once his back was turned to the servant his smile faded slightly.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
((Okay, I was gonna enter on Felix's side, but having another person suddenly showing up would be weird.. Soooooo, has Luke met anyone yet?))

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((Geez, Myriand and Tatl and Imogen! But it's fine.))

Felix looks at Val. "I think I should be asking you that, since you intruded on my camp." He says. "My name is Felix. I'm a traveling entertainer and I'm just passing through. And I never thought you couldn't defend yourself." He says with a smile.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
((@Tatl, well then, time for Optimist to meet Optimist, :P))
"Yo'llo!" A voice called to Luke. A teen walked into view. "Well hello there! What'cha doin?"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Huh?" The young spacey blonde pulled his head out of the clouds just in time to avoid smacking right into a tree. He blinked like he was thinking 'Huh, when did that get there?', then saw the person who had dragged him back to earth. "Ohai person!" He greeted them, grinning wide and waving an arm above his head. He then stopped and tilted his head curiously. "Who're you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom