• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Setting of Zelda Wii U

Personally I would like to see Link's next adventure take place outside of Hyrule. Nintendo has had Link venture outside of Hyrule before and I think it would be cool to see more of that. It would be interesting to see what new Lands the zelda team could come up with. Having said all of that... I wouldnt be opposed to a traditional Hyrule based game either. I would just like to see something different more. What do you want to see in the new game? Hyrule or a new land with its own villain and story? And what do you think nintendo is cooking up? Do you expect the setting to be Hyrule or a new land?

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Nope, let's keep him in Hyrule. I want to see a bigger Hyrule in Zelda U. Something as big as Skyrim or The Witcher 3.

Sheik

:the:
I think I'd like a new world, or at least a greatly altered Hyrule (like in WW or SS).

You know, I don't really care where it is as long as it's big and interesting.
Ew, that came off as lewd

Last edited:

SKULLKIDBUPPIED

SKULL_KIDbpd52
I would like to see post-civil war hyrule, where there are a lot of ruined towns and people are sort of scavenging for food and shelter. kinda like fallout. I think that would make a good story, too, if ganon ofr somebody has just forcefully taken the throne and link has to dethrone him.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I honestly don't care what world they go with, Hyrule or a new one, as long as they it good. If they make a good overworld, I couldn't care less if it's Hyrule or not.

Mido

Version 1
I would like to see post-civil war hyrule, where there are a lot of ruined towns and people are sort of scavenging for food and shelter. kinda like fallout. I think that would make a good story, too, if ganon ofr somebody has just forcefully taken the throne and link has to dethrone him.

I could see this work well with the Sealing War Arc of the Zelda Timeline. Still, with a war going on, I would imagine that the game takes a larger focus on combat in that respect. (Or post-war, as you said.)

I would be fine with a return to Hyrule, but in all honesty, I think a return to Termina would be sweet! On and off, I've talked about a game in which the TP Link ends up gaining passage to Termina, as TP is the sequel to MM. No time restraints, but a full, spiced-up Termina for the players to gawk at and enjoy! I can't really go into much detail here, I'm afraid! o.o

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I would be fine with a return to Hyrule, but in all honesty, I think a return to Termina would be sweet! On and off, I've talked about a game in which the TP Link ends up gaining passage to Termina, as TP is the sequel to MM. No time restraints, but a full, spiced-up Termina for the players to gawk at and enjoy! I can't really go into much detail here, I'm afraid! o.o

Are you sure thats a great idea? People already complain that TP is a direct replica of OoT. Do we really want to send the hero to Termina, just like OoT's Link did. I have no trouble with any other Link going to Termina, but TP Link going there is bound to spark something in fans who see TP as an OoT clone.

I personally would prefer an adventure in Hyrule, sometime between OoT and TP when Hyrule seemed to be at its peak. I say so because in TP, the land of Hyrule is huge and the Castle Town is absolutely enormous. We know that long ago the Oocoo still conversed with people, so to see all that together would be amazing. If they decide to send Link to a new area, though, that is fine by me.

Mido

Version 1
Are you sure thats a great idea? People already complain that TP is a direct replica of OoT. Do we really want to send the hero to Termina, just like OoT's Link did. I have no trouble with any other Link going to Termina, but TP Link going there is bound to spark something in fans who see TP as an OoT clone.

I personally would prefer an adventure in Hyrule, sometime between OoT and TP when Hyrule seemed to be at its peak. I say so because in TP, the land of Hyrule is huge and the Castle Town is absolutely enormous. We know that long ago the Oocoo still conversed with people, so to see all that together would be amazing. If they decide to send Link to a new area, though, that is fine by me.

I still think it's a good idea to go back to Termina, but I do think that you have a nice point there, Dr. Horrible. A Link, perhaps not the TP Link, but one further down the Child Timeline could go instead. I could see that work, and perhaps it would work better than the TP Link! I will say, that despite apparent similarities between the two Links, I do think that the Termina option for our TP friend seems like the most convenient route given the ties between he and the OOT Link. (At least the implied ones.) All in all, it's time placement that could be the big factor in Termina's usage for a future title of the series.

Hmm, I also find your own preference intriguing. I just have one question, would the Oocoo be involved if the time between OOT and TP doesn't seem to be such a large span? I could be wrong, my knowledge of the Oocoo is shady at best, but I assumed at the time I played TP that the Oocoo were even more ancient than the time of OOT? Still, I think that witnessing a Hyrule on a journey to its apex of development would be an interesting land to explore.

YMIA

You Said Forever
I'd like to see the Zelda that immediately preceded Wind Waker, that actually plays through the creation of the Great Sea, and the reasons for it down in Hyrule.

I want a Twilight Princess hyrule again. The sprawling, beautiful landscape. But, (and this is the kicker...) with things to do! Like, gee, I dunno, something other than huge empty fields, haha.

I want to see some more of New Hyrule between PH and ST. But really as long as they quit pulling dark/alternate worlds out of their ***** and never mentioning them again, I'm okay with whatever.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I just wanna see Hyrule again. Much as I love MM and Termina, I always like returning to Hyrule and seeing the same familiar places re-imagined as something new. It's like nostalgia and a new experience at the same time.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I'm ready for some classic Hyrule. WW was fun, SS was awesome, but I want a huge open world Hyrule that I can explore. It wasn't big enough for me in TP. It would be cool if Link had to step out of Hyrule for a short period though, see a neighboring country or something, because it would make the world look so much bigger if Hyrule interacted with another country.

Oh, and I don't care what, I want the Gerudo desert back, and I want some actual Gerudo in it! Sneaking around and sniping them is way too much fun. :devil:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think it would be neat if there was only one terrain. Now hear my out on this first as I know on the surface it sounds rather like a bad idea.

I don't even know how I got this idea, I guess I'm just rather fond of having one huge landscape rather than small, segregated biomes (I guess you could call them that). The world just seems rather small when you have multiple landscapes as each province never really truly captures the feeling of a certain terrain. I'll give two example of some of the larger, more expansive provinces - Snowpeak and the Gerudo Desert (both from Twilight Princess). In terms of this series, these terrains were rather large but somehow still failed to capture what a desert of isolated snowy peak should feel like. There is a reason for this and I guess it's because Zelda games don't really go for mass scale. So by having 6/7/8 different terrains your essentially making each terrain smaller as you can only have a limited land mass.

My way of countering what I said above is to have one dominant terrain. I'll go with the two examples I used above, being a desert and a snowy terrain. Imagine Hyrule, or maybe an entirely new land, encompassed in snow or set within an expansive desert. This way you can capture the atmosphere that said terrains should have and truly showcase the full extent of what an overworld should feel like. I tend to feel slightly claustrophobic in Zelda games as you feel somewhat trapped within a miniature world that contains smaller lands. There is usually no separation or realistic transition between one terrain to the next; you can go from a volcanic terrain to a forest, a giant lake to a desert, a snowy mountain to a Kingdom and so on.

Of course you could still add some diversity within this set landscape as if you look at any large mass of land (on our planet) you will notice that it's not consistent throughout and there is actually a lot of diversity. If you can create that within a game - having one terrain and still keep that sense of fresh discovery - then I think this idea could be pretty darn awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom