• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Setting All Things Right One Last Time

First off I want to preface this by saying that this is NOT a question about beating Majora's Mask in 3 days, rather a speculation about setting as much as possible right (ina 3 day cylce) before rolling the credits.

One thing that always bugged me about the end of Majora's Mask was that even though you had solved people's problems on earlier 3 day cycles, most likely by the time you enter the moon and fight something has reverted back to its unsolved state. The Swamp is poison, the mountains are frozen, and the list goes on, it just never felt very satisfying to me. Now I know that there are time conflicts so it's not possible to help everyone and set everything straight, but i'd like to help every person (who deserves it most) and beat each temple boss in one 3 day cycle before entering the moon.

So what do you think? Who should be helped, who can be helped?

The biggest conflict to my memory involves the Anju/Kafei quest. Do you help the Old Lady and forget Anju and Kafei or let her get robbed. In my opinion the old woman can lose a bomb bag without too much of an issue so helping Anju and Kafei is more import. The other conflict involves the Romani Ranch alien attack on the first night. Because you have to meet Anju between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. on the first night I don't know if it's possible to also help the Romani Ranch, I'm pretty sure you have to show up at midnight and fend off aliens til dawn. This is a tougher decision because if you decide to help Anju and Kafei you can't help the romani ranch girl and if I remember correctly if you don't help her you can't help her sister either, but i could be wrong. What would you do?

I can't think of any other major conflicts, but there might be some what do you think?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I believe that after Majora is defeated, everything he and/or the Skull Kid set wrong is fixed. The situations effected by the four temples is taken care of because you not only defeat Majora on the moon, but the spirits of the four masks as well. And though it is a time continuity paradox at its worst, the after credit ending signifies that the "good" results all meet up on the fourth day.

But pretending none of that matters, in reality Link could easily let the old lady get robbed, buy her bomb bag from the curiosity shop and give it back to the couple as a gift (as if he would do that, Link likes to keep things).

I'm not sure about the timing on this, but Romani's quest doesn't start until about 2:00AM and ends around 5:30AM. If you can meet Anju before or after this time, it could work.

I guess where my mind is... if this weren't a game, there are ways you could help everyone in three days... maybe.

... (as if he would do that, Link likes to keep things)...

...Romani's quest doesn't start until about 2:00AM and ends around 5:30AM...

Haha yeah seems like Link is a big supporter of the "Finder Keepers Law".

Oh you're totally right! Meet Anju at midnight then warp over to Romani, Thanks!!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Well technically when you reset time the boss remains beaten, so really things don't get left unresolved. The situation just reverts to being cursed or whatever, to give you a chance to go back and replay the battles and/or to try and fix some of the paradoxes that would be present if everything remained fixed when you went back in time. It works pretty much the same in OoT when you put the sword back in the pedestal too. I find the most annoying area for reversion is Snowhead though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom