• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Sephiroth

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never saw this coming either. As far as I'm concerned, Sephiroth is a meme. This is really, really funny to me. I've never played FF and I have no interest in doing so, but I gotta say, this trailer was really hype and very well-done. I feel like it's been quite a while since we got such a cinematic Smash reveal.

I'm mostly indifferent about this overall, but I am more interested in this than Min Min and Steve, at least. Still hope we get at least get Monster Hunter rep in this pack. The circumstances are perfect for that to happen.

Waffle Dee

A Waddle Dee who works at Kirby’s Café
I almost exploded when I saw this. Sephiroth in Smash!

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I have yet to play FF7, but he looks cool. Apparently the trailer had a lot of references, and the Mario fake-out was great. He looks like fun to play as. Not who I would choose, but my choice probably isn’t coming.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The CGI in these trailers just keeps getting better and better, this is definitely one of the best looking ones yet.

Beyond that, I am not hype for this character at all, and I can't really express why, other than it simply doesn't appeal to me. It also left a sour taste in my mouth that they did the absolute bare minimum for the Final Fantasy series after Cloud was added (I still can't get over the fact we only got two songs and neither were remixes, even in the transition to Ultimate).

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Admittedly, I have no experience with Final Fantasy, but I liked what I saw in the trailer at the very least. It's personally disappointing that it's another FF rep instead of someone from a different series, but hey. I'm happy for FF fans. At least Sephiroth looks to be a fun character to play as for those who buy the DLC.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
The last FF game I played, I hated. With that said, I am so ****ing hyped for Sephiroth in Smash.

Gorozoron

wild ride
eh I'm okay with him rather have black mage (ff1) if we are talking Final fantasy characters that should be in smash but honestly I rather have a rep of the recently deceased 3ds like nate adams (from yo-kai watch you filthy uncultured swines) but that'll probably happen never so nate.jpg(The sadness of being a western yo-kai watch fan and realizing level 5 probably won't localize yo-kai watch 4)

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I was excited when Sephiroth was announced, as I firmly feel we need more villain representation. In a roster of now 78 characters and only 13 of them are villains, we need more villains.

But, after playing Sephiroth, I feel that Sephiroth might replace Ike as my main. Though I will miss that frame 10 Bair out of shield.

He's super fun and adds variety of gameplay, and for such an iconic gaming villain, I feel he was a good choice.

Just my opinion, really.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
This is quite possibly the most lukewarm I’ve been over a character reveal ever.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool... I guess?

it’s just that I’d rather have characters from a series that hasn’t either gotten a rep yet, or hasn’t had one in a long time. We just got cloud as DLC in smash 4, I’m not quite sure we needed another FF rep so soon.

Also, why sephiroth? Why another FF7 rep? You have 14 other games to choose from, why not someone from 6? I get that it’s probably hype from the remake, but that still leaves us with 2 characters from a single game in a series that has had so many other memorable titles.

But whatever. He’s far from the worst character, and I already got my pick so I ain’t complaining. I’m happy for those who actually wanted him.
He's cool but I don't think we needed him when other IPs still aren't getting recognition that deserve it.

However he is cooler Than Cloud, so that's something. Not that I've ever really enjoyed FF7 or the remake.

Three characters left and the only one so far I've been interested in is Min Min.

Better than oversaturating Smash with Fire Emblem by a massive shot. I'd rather they get rid of the clone characters such as Chrom or Lucina or y'know the majority of Fire Emblem and give lesser IP's something instead. Hell we somehow got Steve from Minecraft so IP infringement isn't an issue

Also Min Min, is both the strangest and most amusing fighter i've played so far. So goddamn odd that the arms can do that y'know

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I shouldn't be complaining that I don't feel compelled to spend more money on a game that I already paid for but here we are

I just want a new character from a series that I know and love and that hasn't happened yet
cool that it's happened for some other people but bruh there are so many slots available in DLC and still to this point not even have I PLAYED one of the games from the series that these DLC fighters came from
I'm feeling a little left out

Gorozoron

wild ride
If you haven't played minecraft or Banjo you play some niche games my friend

The dlc has covered lot of gamers already I mean Steve getting in The guy from highest selling game in the world has definitely covered the most IMO I mean all that's left is indie gamers (shovel knight as a assist trophy doesn't count) Like maybe knight from hollow knight (the main character is not actually hollow knight hollow knight is the villain of the story I mean gameplaywise we could delve deep into the lore but I'm not today)

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I didn't have an N64 or PS2 growing up so I did miss out on a lot of those 90s games
and minecraft has never ever appealed to me, just not my kind of game

some reps that I would be over the moon with:
zelda
shovel knight
dark souls
Fe (this is a niche one but it would work so well)
splatoon
spyro, maybe, depending on their kit
another pokemon? This one would probably leave people upset as much as byleth did but smash bros has not yet acknowledged PMD as a series
where's my grovyle? Where? Where's all the fire music from the PMD series? sakurai pls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom