• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Sephiroth

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs

Not since Joker have I been caught off guard with excitement over a new character. A character no one saw coming or even thought to speculate, not to mention our first villain of the DLC! Not my first pick for another Square character but I am definitely more than ok w/ this still. What are you feeling?

I never would had seen this coming. It was a pretty awesome trailer, and I hope he's fun to use.

This also means we'll be getting FF spirits and more music, so that's a plus.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
This is quite possibly the most lukewarm I’ve been over a character reveal ever.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool... I guess?

it’s just that I’d rather have characters from a series that hasn’t either gotten a rep yet, or hasn’t had one in a long time. We just got cloud as DLC in smash 4, I’m not quite sure we needed another FF rep so soon.

Also, why sephiroth? Why another FF7 rep? You have 14 other games to choose from, why not someone from 6? I get that it’s probably hype from the remake, but that still leaves us with 2 characters from a single game in a series that has had so many other memorable titles.

But whatever. He’s far from the worst character, and I already got my pick so I ain’t complaining. I’m happy for those who actually wanted him.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm pretty cool with it. Like others have mentioned, I really hope they actually add in more music. I'm sure the Sephiroth theme is a lock, but FF7 has way more tunes that should really have been added when Cloud was.

I like having major baddies next to the game protagonists, so I think this is a fun way to do it for Final Fantasy. Cloud and Sephiroth are definitely iconic, and I am really, really, really happy that this happened and not Sora.

He's cool but I don't think we needed him when other IPs still aren't getting recognition that deserve it.

However he is cooler Than Cloud, so that's something. Not that I've ever really enjoyed FF7 or the remake.

Three characters left and the only one so far I've been interested in is Min Min.

Quin

Disaster Master
I haven't felt satisfied with a DLC character ever since Byleth, so I'm not too disappointed with this, its just kinda baffeling. Don't know what kind of crazy deal they have with square, but it must be pretty bad.

He's cool but I don't think we needed him when other IPs still aren't getting recognition that deserve it.
This is how many people feel and I agree.
At the moment it just feels like a way to get people from other consoles to play Smash Bros because now it contains their favourite non Switch game character.

I don't care about Final Fantasy at all, but I'm okay with his inclusion. I do feel a little unsure about Final Fantasy getting a second rep when there are some other iconic series out there who still haven't gotten their first rep. Either way though, I guess it's not the worst outcome to come from a new character announcement.

I didn't watch his gameplay too closely as the cinematic trailer was the height of my interest, but I do gotta question why so many of our newcomers for Ultimate have "ranged melee" attacks. It was cool with the Belmonts as a unique thing, but it gets less special when Byleth, Min Min and now Sephiroth have it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom