• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Sephiroth

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The dlc has covered lot of gamers already I mean Steve getting in The guy from highest selling game in the world has definitely covered the most IMO I mean all that's left is indie gamers (shovel knight as a assist trophy doesn't count) Like maybe knight from hollow knight (the main character is not actually hollow knight hollow knight is the villain of the story I mean gameplaywise we could delve deep into the lore but I'm not today)

The Knight would be so damn good for Smash, his moveset would translate pretty well i'd say.

I didn't have an N64 or PS2 growing up so I did miss out on a lot of those 90s games
and minecraft has never ever appealed to me, just not my kind of game

some reps that I would be over the moon with:
zelda
shovel knight
dark souls
Fe (this is a niche one but it would work so well)
splatoon
spyro, maybe, depending on their kit
another pokemon? This one would probably leave people upset as much as byleth did but smash bros has not yet acknowledged PMD as a series
where's my grovyle? Where? Where's all the fire music from the PMD series? sakurai pls

Zelda - has representation with it's core 3, wouldn't say no to seeing the Champions though.
Shovel Knight - exists as trophies it might work though just because of the movesets.
Dark Souls - would be a hard no, the whole point of that series is the player (i.e a creation of you) goes through n links the flame, only way it'd work is skins for Mii such as artorias' armor or some such due to it's customizability, and no having the bosses as characters wouldn't work well.
FE - Not sure what this is but if it's Fire Emblem hell no that crud has oversaturated it has likely got the most representation in the series.
Splatoon - we've already got representation of via Inkling, so i'm not sure what else could be good from it.
Spyro - might be a good but as you say is dependant on kit, possibly on which spyro game they take the smash form from, cuz spyro has a few abilities
Pokemon - i wouldn't mind if they removed lucario and swapped with something else, or maybe give us a reskin of pokemon trainer so the starters they use are different gens.

Honestly for smash my only true desire is remove so many goddamn clones.

Gorozoron

wild ride
SHOVEL KNIGHT NEEDS SOME REP He's the indie game character that could he's super duper important to video game history and is the missing piece to represent all sides of gaming in smash IMO
I'm mad they did the inklings from Splatoon 1 not Splatoon 2 I mean maybe Sheldon could work since he sells the weapons in the game he could have weapon diversity Splatoon has a good cast of characters that can work
Also we need 3DS reps and before you idiots start speaking I MEAN A CHARACTER FROM A 3DS ONLY SERIES, NOT FROM A ONGOING SERIES AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT ITEM SHT

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
SHOVEL KNIGHT NEEDS SOME REP He's the indie game character that could he's super duper important to video game history and is the missing piece to represent all sides of gaming in smash IMO
I'm mad they did the inklings from Splatoon 1 not Splatoon 2 I mean maybe Sheldon could work since he sells the weapons in the game he could have weapon diversity Splatoon has a good cast of characters that can work
Also we need 3DS reps and before you idiots start speaking I MEAN A CHARACTER FROM A 3DS ONLY SERIES, NOT FROM A ONGOING SERIES AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT ITEM SHT
spirit had a good suggestion w/ tethu from ever oasis, and you were like "wut?"

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The Knight would be so damn good for Smash, his moveset would translate pretty well i'd say.

Zelda - has representation with it's core 3, wouldn't say no to seeing the Champions though.
Shovel Knight - exists as trophies it might work though just because of the movesets.
Dark Souls - would be a hard no, the whole point of that series is the player (i.e a creation of you) goes through n links the flame, only way it'd work is skins for Mii such as artorias' armor or some such due to it's customizability, and no having the bosses as characters wouldn't work well.
FE - Not sure what this is but if it's Fire Emblem hell no that crud has oversaturated it has likely got the most representation in the series.
Splatoon - we've already got representation of via Inkling, so i'm not sure what else could be good from it.
Spyro - might be a good but as you say is dependant on kit, possibly on which spyro game they take the smash form from, cuz spyro has a few abilities
Pokemon - i wouldn't mind if they removed lucario and swapped with something else, or maybe give us a reskin of pokemon trainer so the starters they use are different gens.

Honestly for smash my only true desire is remove so many goddamn clones.
Yeah zeldas representation is fine I just want another because it's been so long and it's my favorite game rofl

The idea behind dark souls is either a soul of cinder-esque player character loadout or someone iconic like solaire or seigmeyer

And Fe is a cute indie 3d platformer that is definitely rough around the edges but I love it anyway, it's on the eshop and it did go on sale recently, it might still be on sale rn

Splatoon is in the same camp as zelda for me, the main difference being I was genuinely surprised they didnt announce an octoling echo fighter + some deep sea stages

Quin

Disaster Master
Yeah zeldas representation is fine I just want another because it's been so long and it's my favorite game rofl
No, it really isn't. Not only does it have too little characters for how big the series is for Nintendo, 3 of them are clones(Ganondorf, TL, YL), and 2 of them used to be one character (zelda/sheik) Sakurai probably doesn't have much love for the series, but at the very least it deserves one more character. It would still have one character less than FE, but i'd have to do.
And there are enough characters to draw from too. There are characters in the roster that have way less fame and smaller roles than stuff like Vaati, Skull Kid, Impa and especially Tingle.
Well, the zelda stages are some of the best in smash atleast, I have to give it that.

Anyway, Sephiroth is pretty fun after playing him. Probably my favorite of the pack so far. The stage is the worst of the dlc though, so boring.
I would be happy with a MH rep, Zelda rep and as a finisher a dark souls rep, but I'm not holding my breath. The roster is already amazing and I can't be disappointed anymore, unless its maybe a xenoblade 2 rep or sora.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
No, it really isn't. Not only does it have too little characters for how big the series is for Nintendo, 3 of them are clones(Ganondorf, TL, YL), and 2 of them used to be one character (zelda/sheik) Sakurai probably doesn't have much love for the series, but at the very least it deserves one more character. It would still have one character less than FE, but i'd have to do.
And there are enough characters to draw from too. There are characters in the roster that have way less fame and smaller roles than stuff like Vaati, Skull Kid, Impa and especially Tingle.
Well, the zelda stages are some of the best in smash.

Anyway, Sephiroth is pretty fun after playing him. Probably my favorite of the pack so far. The stage is the worst of the dlc though, so boring.
I would be happy with a MH rep, Zelda rep and as a finisher a dark souls rep, but I'm not holding my breath. The roster is already amazing and I can't be disappointed anymore, unless its maybe a xenoblade 2 rep or sora.
Skull Kid's the one I keep forgetting. Impa, Tingle, and Skull Kid are my top picks, in that order. And Vaati doesn't sound like a bad suggestion either.

I think adding in a Champion would be a terrible idea. None of those lame, one-dimensional shells deserve a roster spot in Super Smash Brothers. Assist Trophy? Maybe. Maybe Revali could be an Assist Trophy. But that's as far as I'd go. If we want representation of Zelda species, then giving Young Link a Majora's Mask-inspired moveset would be the better choice.

One way to represent individual games in the series would be to cut Young and Toon (which would be very unfortunate) and replace them with the fully-original Skull Kid and Tetra. But I don't think that would please everyone. Just give Y&T unique movesets. And then maybe add Skull Kid separately. (But if it were up to me, I'd be okay with sacrificing Young and Toon)

Maybe we should cut Sheik? Sheik hasn't been in a game since Ocarina of Time. Just replace Sheik with Impa. Problem solved.

My ideal Zelda representation in Smash:
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Tingle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Vaati, Wolf Link & Midna, and then maybe Young Link with a new moveset. I honestly don't see Toon Link as able to be made more unique.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Well, the zelda stages are some of the best in smash.

yeah, link is the only character I’d call “well designed”

the other two links draw no inspiration from their titles whatsoever outside of toon link having some particle effects.

Zelda is almost good, but she’s incredibly dated since all but one of her specials are from OoT, which she hasn’t been based on that incarnation since Melee. They weren’t even things she could do in OoT to begin with.

Ill give Sakurai the benefit that Ganondorf is the best he’s ever been in smash, going back to an actually good version of him. Still, none of his moves feel like his seeing as they almost all pulled directly from Captain Falcon. Even his smash attacks aren’t from anything, seeing as that sword was from a tech demo and nothing else.

And finally sheik is nothing more than the worlds most cliche ninja. I’m not entirely sure why they bothered keeping her in Brawl/Smash 4 since she hasn’t been a thing since OoT.

I’d honestly go as far as to say that the Zelda series has been neglected by Sakurai. It’s clear he dislikes, or at the very least doesn’t care for the series since the amount of detail and care he puts in his work is nowhere to be found in his Zelda reps. This is why I don’t have much hope for a Zelda rep, even though the only two characters I wanted in more than Steve were Tetra and Skull Kid.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Eh, Sephiroth was no challenge in FF7. Killed him in two attacks. This time he might be able to provide a challenge.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Yeah I think tetra would be a great addition though I'm biased cause wind waker my favorite lol
I dont particularly like any of the non-revali champions but I would still accept one of them
GHIRAHIM EXISTS and is fabulous
One of the seven sages would be neat too
Midna and Wolf Link would be legit as a single char, it already has an amiibo even
As far as young link and toon link, I think it's too far to actually make significant changes to their kits
And if nintendo were to alter the zelda roster I would immediately want them to alter the FE roster too

Man I always feel bad when I talk about it because a couple minutes later I realize it's not gonna happen rofl

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Yeah I think tetra would be a great addition though I'm biased cause wind waker my favorite lol
I dont particularly like any of the non-revali champions but I would still accept one of them
GHIRAHIM EXISTS and is fabulous
One of the seven sages would be neat too
Midna and Wolf Link would be legit as a single char, it already has an amiibo even
As far as young link and toon link, I think it's too far to actually make significant changes to their kits
And if nintendo were to alter the zelda roster I would immediately want them to alter the FE roster too

Man I always feel bad when I talk about it because a couple minutes later I realize it's not gonna happen rofl
I hate Skyward Sword, but perhaps Ghirahim might have some potential. Maybe a legit motion-controlled fighter? It's crazy, but at least it'd make him stand out amongst the other swordfighters.

In terms of altering FE, I just want them to cut everyone after Robin. I'm not a big Robin guy, but a lot of people played Awakening from what I've heard, so maybe Robin can stay. Corn and Buyless can go die in a hole.

I also think Lucina and Chrom need to be cut. Swordfighter clones need to go. With that in mind, I don't consider Roy a Marth clone anymore to be honest. They've made a lot of great alterations that really make him unique (and better ;)). Like what they did with Ganondorf. I honestly no longer consider him a Captain Falcon clone as of Ultimate.

Speaking of Ganondorf, while I do consider him extremely unique nowadays, I think it would be worthwhile to change him up a little. Project M gave him Dead Man's Volley as a move at some point, which is great. His Falcon Punch could be a one-two punch like at the end of Wind Waker. Side special could have him charge forward on his horse, similar to Phantom Ganon. Up special could be redesigned to make him rise out of the rubble like in Ocarina of Time. The possibilities are endless, really. But we need Final Smashes to be controllable once again, because apparently people want pig Ganon to be playable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom