• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Selling Games or Personal Value?

Do you sell your games/consoles or keep them?

• No way ill sell them, they are my precious babies! (^o^)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I gotta get the money somehow to buy new stuff! (¯ _¯)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The games that I sell are the ones I know that I will never really play again, those being the stupid little spin-off titles that I really don't care about anymore. So things like Mario Baseball, Mario Party, Mario Kart, I've pretty much sold them all. There have been some other games I've sold because of other things, like Twilight Princess for the Wii since I have the Gamecube version, or ALttP/FS because I can get ALttP on my Wii and FS comes to DSi Ware in September. I've sold a DS Lite but that was because I have my DSi and the hinge on the DS Lite was broken anyways. I'm thinking about trading my DSi towards a used Super Mario themed DSiXL at this one game store and paying the difference, but that'll have to wait until I can pay the difference.

The money I get normally goes to getting a different game, but sometimes it goes to other things.

MW7 said:
To illustrate, this guy sold his Gamecube with 20 some games which helped pay for a significant portion of an Xbox 360. Now that doesn't sound that bad until you realize that his brother already has an Xbox 360 and the guy didn't want to share with him.
Well, I still want a PS3 of my own even though my brother already owns one and is still living at the house. There's nothing wrong with that. The sharing of the console is the exact reason why, actually. If the PS3 was mine, then it wouldn't be a problem, because I can share the console easily. However, since it's my brother's, it becomes a problem, because it's normally taken with him to his friend's house when he goes, which means I can't play my CoD [noparse]>.<[/noparse]

Finally the icing on the cake is that they don't even share all their games so they have 2 copies of Black Ops, 2 copies of Fifa, etc.
There's nothing wrong with this either, cuz now there's no need for split screening if there's a multiplayer option in the games. Call of Duty: Black Ops let's you split screen online, and that becomes a pain when it's done. With two screens, they can just make a party and play on separate TVs.

I'm not really trying to justify this guy's actions, since the TV thing was a bit stupid, but two of the same consoles and two copies of the same game are not a totally bad thing. The two PS3's and 2 copies of games in my house is something that will inevitably happen.

Turo602 said:
To be honest, I hate hearing people say that they are getting rid of some game so they can get the next one in the series. WTF!? That's just lame bro. I'm a collector, I like having a series complete and accessible at all time for when I want to play them.
Yeah, that annoys me, too. If I get into a series, I'm going to get all the games in it's main series, even if it means I have to go through games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 ._.

Last edited:

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Depends what game it is.

I'll say things like the Harry Potter games, but I keep the Zelda games. I also sell my old versions of MLB The Show when new ones come out. Then buy the new game.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I always tell myself they'll be worth more one day :p, speaking of which, has anyone seen how much the Ocarina of Time 3D sountrack Cd's are going for on amazon? my eyes literally turned into dollar signs. and i don't even use dollars.

I made the mistake of selling a lot of my games, but I'm never going to sell a game again unless I'm positive I'll have no desire to play the game ever again.

I've never sold a game. Ever. And I don't intend to, unless they meet these exact terms and conditions:

• The Game Sucks. I mean, it really sucks. Like, it's a game I don't even want to be seen with. You can guarantee these will find their way to a rummage sale soon.
  • The Game means nothing to me. There are a few of these actually, and I'll probably sell them or something in the future.

That's it.

I currently have an SNES, an N64, a Gamecube, a Wii, a Game Boy Advance, a Game Boy SP, a DS lite, a 3DS, and many more in the future. I never intend to sell the systems themselves either; I want to play these games some day down the road when I'm an old fart who wants to relive his younger years.

And the games themselves? Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, A Link to the Past? I can tell you right now those games will be with me until the day I die.

And maybe even after.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I sell games that really tick me off due to lack of quality in the game. Soul Calibur 4, Star Ocean:The Last Hope, Sonic 2006 and many other games I've sold just because they suck in comparison to games of the earlier generation. Consoles...the only console i would sell is the Xbox360 (or Xbox original) to get a PS3. Otherwise, consoles are dear to me as well. And it isn't really their 'dearness' to me, it is my greed that gets the better of me.

Have not sold a single game. Why? My brother broke almost every single game I own. He sneaks in my room when i'm gone takes cds out of cases and leave then lying around. I enjoy replying games but never have sold one and never intend to sell one because I pick games that I am 100% sure I will like.

I've always liked to keep all the games I purchased. I can't justify selling 4 games that I payed full price for just to get one new game. I still have all of my old Atari, NES, and SNES games. I just with I had kept the original box and manual that it came with.

The only games I sell are the ones I happen to acquire but know I will never want to play. For example my Wii came with a bundle of games including Super Monkey Ball, Twilight Princess, and Super Paper Mario. I sold Super Monkey Ball and Super Paper Mario without ever opening them because I had no interest in playing them.

Eventually I want to have a game room with my entire game collection on display, so I don't think I will ever sell my old games unless something unexpected happens and I really need the money.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I keep favorite games that have significant meaning to me (my first Pokemon games, all of Zelda, derp, etc), games that I still play, or will play again. I sold Sonic Colors after I finished it because although I thought it was OK, I wasn't going to replay it, so I got a fair amount of money for it. Ditto with some Harvest Moon games once I get as far as I want with them. I did sell my GameCube after I got the Wii because it's backwards compatible. My GameCube was pretty important to me throughout my childhood and I do regret selling it every now and then, but I'm OK with it. :)

Nicole

luke is my wife
Personally, if I don't like a game, I'll certainly sell it to buy other games I'm interested in. I haven't actually sold many of my games, though, simply because I never remember to bring my old games that I don't play anymore with me to wherever I go to buy games (usually Gamestop). When I bought my 3DS, I traded in my old DS Lite for it. It did feel a bit melancholy, which is weird, I suppose. :sweat: It's just a gaming system, but I never really liked getting rid of my things. I'm a bit of a pack rat, but I definitely do need to start sorting my stuff out.

This thread actually makes me want to go through my collection of old games I haven't played in a while and trade them in. I have a myriad of Gamecube games I don't even play anymore, and I could probably get some good money (or in-store credits for Gamestop) for them. Considering I have a Wii, I could probably also sell my Gamecube. I don't think I'm actually ready to let go of it, though. :P Overall, unless it's a good game I really like and still play, I will sell games to get new ones.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SoL, don't trade your games in (especially not to GameStop). Sell them on eBay or something, otherwise you are ripping yourself off beyond belief. If I were to sell Call of Duty:Black Ops on launch day to GS, they would probably give me $10 at the most, and if I sold for store credit they would give me $20-$30. Sad, I know, but any store where you 'trade in' for cash or SC, rips you off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom