• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Selling Games or Personal Value?

Do you sell your games/consoles or keep them?

• No way ill sell them, they are my precious babies! (^o^)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I gotta get the money somehow to buy new stuff! (¯ _¯)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The way i see it, there are two things when it comes to buying games. Some people sell their old games/consoles to buy new games/consoles. While others keep or collect them just out of personal value.

So im curious, what type are you?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Well it depends how attached I am/ was to that game or system.

Like I wouldn't trade OoT or MM but would defiantly trade in Glover any day.

MW7

If I was desperate for money, my video games would be the last non-essential thing I'd sell. I am very attached to my games and can barely comprehend why someone would trade in games for new ones if money is not an issue. In fact my friend and I make fun of another friend who is fairly priveleged (money is definitely not a problem for him) for selling games. To illustrate, this guy sold his Gamecube with 20 some games which helped pay for a significant portion of an Xbox 360. Now that doesn't sound that bad until you realize that his brother already has an Xbox 360 and the guy didn't want to share with him. I also didn't mention yet that he bought 2 more tvs to set up in the same room so that he could play games while watching tv while his brother plays the other Xbox 360 on a third tv. Finally the icing on the cake is that they don't even share all their games so they have 2 copies of Black Ops, 2 copies of Fifa, etc. Sorry I went off topic with an extreme example but I can't understand how someone can just sell games so readily. I always want to replay my games indefinitely but some people just want to play a game once (Multiplayer games are different of course). Would you buy a book or dvd, read/watch it once then sell it back for a fraction of what you paid? No you would go to the library and read/watch it once for free. With games it's a little different but are people honestly so stupid that they don't think to rent games or subscribe to Gamefly?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Neither. Same for my dad. He just sells a huge amount of games 10 years later on for thirty quid. And yes, some imports were 75 quid. He even sold the PS2 for £50 XD

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I sold 90% of my NGC (Nintendo GameCube) games just for Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: World at War. After realizing that the NGC, while it was obsolete, was my favorite Nintendo console. (not yet having a Wii) I was extremely depressed. From that point on I never traded in another game.

No way ill sell them, im a collector of games and consoles and they mean an awful lot to me.

They have sentimental value to me which means id never sell them no matter what.

They are part of my childhood the older systems i have like the commodre 64, commodre 64c,Nes Snes,Pal,Snes Japannese,Spectrum,as well as the more recent Nintendo consoles.

K

Kirikaiten

I used to never think id sell my games but, i gave in earlier this year to actually get some newer games or older classics like Shadow of the Collossus, Sengoku Basara, Samurai warriors 3 and NieR, but i mostly sold games i hadnt touched in years and at the rate they were going wasnt going to be touched again, I did however end up selling my gold cartridge Majoras mask, Granted i have it on the gamecube collectors disc so it wasnt like i was really getting ride of it , but it was sorta hard to part from it for actually having the original instead of the collection , and the shear fondness of 90's and being 8 when it came out.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Selling them is like selling all money I wasted, and fun memories I had with the games. I won't sell, even though there's something cool out there in the world. All the games I have are really memorable to me:P No, I won't sell them. I have classic, modern, and Gamcube games for my Wii. No, I won't sell my games if it's the last thing I do.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No way. I'll never sell a console just to get the latest one, but I make exceptions when they're backward compatible. I'm too much of a gamer to get rid of my games and systems like that. If I were to get rid of games, it's because the game wasn't that great, or because I know I'll never play it again. I like to play older games too. They're still just as good as the new ones coming out. My games are too important to just get money from them when I'm done with them. To be honest, I hate hearing people say that they are getting rid of some game so they can get the next one in the series. WTF!? That's just lame bro. I'm a collector, I like having a series complete and accessible at all time for when I want to play them. But then they're those games that were meh, or whatever it was fun but I won't play it again. Those games, I get rid of them when I know I can screw over Gamestop with a good trade in deal. I do all the math, take away all those games I never should have gotten or just don't care for anymore to Gamestop and walk out with tens or a hundred of dollars. It's funny because I have to correct them on how much money they're giving me. And with that money, I can walk out with anywhere from 1 to 3 new games that I'll most likely hold on too for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom