• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Self Defense

Dan

Picture this, you are walking down a street when suddenly a man begins to throw an assortment of diverse and cunning punches towards you. What would you do? I imagine a lot of you might get your *** kicked, but I also suspect many of you have some good running skills or fighting skill that would turn the tide on this attacker. It's one thing to know self defence but another to use it in a actual hostile and possible life threatening situation.

So tell me and discuss.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I spent 4 years in karate and earned a purple belt.
And yet, I still have terrible reflexes.

I'd probably fight back though, because though I am a fast runner, I can't run very far, so the person would probably catch up, at which point I'd have to use some sort of self defense tactic, whether that tactic is fighting back or simply calling somebody.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I'd probably first see if there was a way I could escape from the situation. I'm the type of person who tries to avoid conflict if necessary and would see if there would be a way to do so for this. But if that wasn't the case, then I'd more than likely fight back.

I don't think at this point, my mediocre skills with self-defense (currently a yellow belt in Taekwondo) would do much to help me. I could perhaps use it to at least knock the guy off of his feet and then make a run for it while attracting attention in order to scare the guy from following me.

And lastly to add, even though I am learning martial arts, I pray that the situation like this never occurs where I have to resort to using it. As mentioned before, I'm not a violent person by nature, so naturally I hope to never have to resort to it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'd probably do a little bob and weave and then retaliate with an upper cut when I see an opening. Then I'd probably be told to go to my corner while the ref goes for the count.

Haha, jk, I'd probably avoid the punches and ask that guy what the hell is going on, why he's trying to hit me--all while avoiding to get hit, you know? If there is no response and this fool continues his assault on me, then I'd probably go for the knock out. :nod: Or run if he's too much for me to handle.

Clank

Hmm
If they were just threatening me, then I would simply attempt escape, no point in fighting.

However should the tables be turned and they were threatening someone I care about, I would do everything in my power to disable them before they cause any more harm.

If I didn't remember to bring my lil stun gun, I'd likely get my *** kicked cuz I'm a huge wuss, if I didn't forget to bring it hopefully my attacker would be on the ground, which would gimme time to find a safe place and get help

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I used to be against all violence, then certain circumstances changed that philosophy. I'd take up my 2nd Amendment rights, then kill him/her.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
It would depend on his/her physique. If they were big and burly, I probably would just try to run/call for help/police. (or try to use my words to persuade, or trick the perp into some point in which I had better chance to run or something)
But, if they were average to small, I would definitely fight back.
Right between the legs hurts a LOT, male or female (the bone hurts), and can slow them down while running for help.

I say it depends, because I'm not very fit and I have a bit of a small stature. (I'm not fat, I just don't really use my muscles)
If I knew how to turn my opponent's weight/strength against them without really fighting, (Like Aang), then I would.
But I don't, so I can only take on what I think I can handle.
Now don't get me wrong, it's NOT that I go out looking for fights, but if I ever were in a situation where fighting was one of the only options to resolve an issue, then I would at least use what I DO know to get the upper hand and get out of the situation the best way I can.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
As a girl bout to move out and graduating tomorrow I never walk the streets without my trusty purple taser that I've had to flash twice to get creepy people to walk the other way. I'd probably taze them and watch them drool into the street and leave.

If the guy instigated a fight, then I'd more than likely defend myself and thoroughly kick his ***. I'm an effing animal when provoked, and I bite. Hard. I wish a hume would...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom