• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seizure-inducing Cartoon Network Show, "Problem Solvers"

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I will not post a video of this, solely for the fact we may have epileptic users. I advise if you are epileptic, not to seek out these videos.

Anyway, Cartoon Network appears to be premiering a new show, "Problem Solvers", that very likely will induce seizures to its viewers, akin to the Electric Soldier Porygon incident years ago with Pokemon. Seeing the commercials for this new show, I would not be surprised. The entire show is like this, with rapidly flashing colors fast enough to probably cause seizures in children with epilepsy. Even the commercial was quite intense. I am not epileptic, and it even made my eyes hurt.

What the hell is Cartoon Network thinking airing such a show? Post your thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that's the commercial you're referring to.

I would say, just in case, if you are prone to photosensitive epilepsy, don't click the link... just wanted to clarify with the OP that it was the right commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB7XLb9vSmU

It doesn't seem as intense as the Porygon incident that caused problems on Pokémon, which included more or less full screen flashing colours... that seems to be small parts of scenery or bits of text. Could possibly cause problems... probably not sensible. I'd like to think CN will have looked into the potential health risks of it but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. We can only wait and see.

On a more subjective note... it looks awful. :P

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
From what I saw, a great deal of the show had a lot of flashing lights, and the commercial had flashing boxes for well over three seconds.

Also, the video you posted is not the same video I saw. May be regional, what commercials are shown. I'm not sure.

And I agree, it looks horrible.

I'd never even heard of it before this post... I don't have CN. I just did a quick YouTube search ;)

If there are large portions of the screen being covered using the same flashing colour rendering for large amounts of time then I agree, it could be problematic. No doubt it will be pulled the instant there is an issue but it shouldn't really come to that to be honest.

The quality of children's TV these days is so bad. There seems to be this myth that because exposing children to a certain amount of sensory information it enhances their neural and cognitive development that they can whack as much sensory information as possible into a short children's show that it can't be anything other than beneficial. I'd argue that the sensory overload is just far too much. I mean, I spent my childhood watching regular cartoons like Looney Tunes, Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Top Cat... just normal cartoons. I turned out just fine.

I watched the same video that was posted by bennyb, and to be completely honest, it didn't really seem anyway near as intense as the Porygon incident. It should still be toned down though, as there may be more kids that are more sensitive to flashing lights than others. I think it's a stupid move by Cartoon Network to let a show like that be aired in the state that it is now. It seems like they have been really lax with the health and safety checks this time though. I think that it's more than likely that people will have phoned in concerned with the health risks that it could cause though, so maybe by the time that the show is actually aired it will have been toned down to a level that is very unlikely to cause epileptic fits if at all.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Okay, so I did a little research. Seeing as the Porygon thing happened when I was like 4 months old I looked it up. Compared to that, this CN thing is nothing. It should be toned down a bit, though, I agree. But judging by the trailer I don't think anyone will even watch this. That's the difference, over 600 people went to hospital for the Porygon incident, mainly because Pokemon is so popular. I doubt that many people will even watch this and it doesn't seem awfully bad.

Shadow Lord

Pinky Pie the Gypsy Bard!
1.Yes those commercials have plenty of colors that would most likely induce a seizure
2.Seizure are horrible
3.That show reminds me of cow poop(cuz its so stupid)

whew that messed around with my eyes a bit, i think it will induce seizures due to the flashing colors. It's like they purposely made a show that creates seizures. Now for the pun, the show is called Problem Solvers so they need to solve the seizure problem or something like that.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I'm sorry but it will just cause more problems then it will fix DX! I mean we dont want anyone to have a seisore right?

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I couldn't even get through one episode of that show. It's utterly horrible in pretty much every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom