• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Second Hunger Games Fanfic

Keyari

翼のエルフ
My apologies for not commenting sooner.

This is very very good, suspenseful at times, and always action-packed. I love this thing to death. You're doing an amazing job with it overall, and this new chapter just makes it even better. :nod: You have my applause Myriad, great job. :clap:

Can't wait for more!
~Ki

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
He had to retrieve the body in person, because with the swampy terrain, the hovercraft might get stuck. He just had to get the body. Anyway, I'll post the next chapter tomorrow.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
So, next chapter is now.

Day 9

Rio Blackpoint
District 12

I try to count how many tributes are left in these Games. There are three Careers, Alec and Stella, and me. Six tributes remaining. The storm is still going, making me unable to leave my hiding place in a pitfall that had been used by the Careers. Using a sponsor's gift, I'd covered the hole with a camoflauge blanket, and dug a bit to the side so if anyone fell down, I wouldn't be crushed.

I'd laid someblankets and some pillows. I made some grip holds that would support my weight, but not the Career's, except maybe Glisten, but she's dead. I decide to get out of my hole. I might take some Careers, maybe. I climb out of the hole, my swords on my back. When I get out, something hits me on the back of my head, and I fall over. A hazy figure stands over me as I lose consciousness.

I wake up several hours later tied to a tree. A slim figure is standing with his back to me. As my eyes adjust, I see the figure has a mop of red hair. Quiro. "You..." I say. He turns around and smiles. "You've woken up," he says. "Let me go!" I yell at him. He walks toward me, circling the tree I'm tied to.

"You know, we have a lot in common, Rio," he says, still circling the tree. "I hope not," I say back, and he chuckles. "We do, whether you like it or not," he says coming to a stop in my vision. "First off, we both had siblings who died in the 21st Hunger Games." I look at him. The two tributes last year were siblings, and if what he said was true....

A wave of anger surges through me. His sister, his sister killed my brother. His thin grin widens some more, seeing that I've realized the point. "That's right. Rela and Orson were my older brother and sister. My sister killed your brother." I struggle to get free of my bonds, but it's no use. It's too tight.

He continues. "When Zordo came to you, he was injured. I volunteered to injure him because his namesake killed Rela. So, like your anger at me, it is a form of justified revenge." He turns away from me. "Which is what the Capitol wants, what Chailyn and the rest of the Careers want, to give a show."

"You talk about the Careers like you aren't one," I note. He turns back to face me and raises both his eyebrows. "No matter what I say, matter what I am," he murmurs. It's my turn to raise my eyebrows. Then voices call out in the swamp. "Quiro! Quiro!" He turns, and Maria and Chailyn come into view.

Chailyn smiles. "We'd been wondering where you'd been," she says. "So we decided to look for you." She looks at me with contempt. "So, you caught a fish," she says absentmindedly. He nods. "Kill him then," she says, gesturing to me. "We don't have all day." He pulls out his knife. This scene reminds me of something days ago, when Zordo betrayed the Careers.

He's hesitating, just like that day. Then, I swear I see his knife drop a bit when I smell something. Smoke. He turns to see a flame coming in the direction of me and the Careers. "Run!" he yells, and the Careers scatter. I remember fire in some of the other Games, it must be Gamemaker made, no fire would move through a swamp.

"Help!" I yell, but of course, no one comes. The tree I'm tied to catches fire, and the flames travel down the tree. I can feel the heat on my back. I struggle to break free, but the bonds are too tight. I see my swords lying on a log several feet away. If only I could reach the stupid things.

I feel something in my pocket. A pocket knife. I must have left it there. I manage to get it into my hands, and saw through the rope. I try to move faster as the flames get ever closer to my body. I finally cut through it just as the flames reach my body. I run, and as soon as I'm out of the swamp and into the prairie, I watch the swamp burn.

Eventually, it dies out. It has served its purpose. It was meant to stall a confrontation between me and the Careers. And stall it did.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Well, same day, no deaths.

Alec Night
District 8

It's a good thing we're not in the swamp. We watch as the swamp burns, no doubt because of the Gamemaker's influence. There must have been someone in there, but who? Could it be the Careers, or maybe Rio? Or both, meant to flesh them out. I find it likely that they both were in there.

"Should we go?" I ask Stella, as we watch the flames spread. She shrugs. "Maybe, maybe not. On one hand, it might be dangerous to stay here. On the other, we might be able to eliminate the rest of the Careers." As she says it, a thought courses through me. If we were to beat the Careers, one of us would have to kill the other, unless Rio were to kill us.

I spy something in the swamp. There are three people running out of the burning swamp. I recognize them as the Careers, Chailyn, Quiro, and Maria. "Run," I say, and she nods. Chailyn's noticed us. I hear her yelling. There's nowhere to run. If we were to run, we'd surely be hit by an arrow.

The first arrow snaps out of Chailyn's bow. I duck, and the arrow flies a bit further and then stops. Chailyn runs toward us, along with Quiro and Maria. I pull my knives out, and Stella her machete. They surround us, with the flaming swamp to our back, weapons drawn. Chailyn flicks her knife lazily. "Well, if it isn't our two favorite nitwits," she says, looking at us.

I look at her with hatred. "I'd appreciate it if you could not insult us," I say. She laughs. "You care whether I insult you before I kill you. I nod. "Yes." Quiro snorts. I realize there's only one way of escape. Chailyn smiles, and slowly notches an arrow. "Let's see...which one to kill first?" She aims it toward me.

I have no intention to die. I glance at Stella. She understands. As Chailyn fires the arrow, I sidestep, and run into the burning swamp. Stella follows. "After them!" shouts Chailyn. I hear Quiro and Maria coming after us. As we run through the flames, avoiding them somehow at the same time, we finally reach the outer redwood ring.

"Come on!" I yell. "I'm here!" she yells back. I begin to climb the tree. I look back to see Stella following me. We climb onto a branch thick enough to hold us both, about 50 feet off the ground. The flames begin to die down. After a while, two people come into our view. I recognize them as Quiro and Maria. "Find anything?" he asks.

Stella's hand slips into my own. For some reason I'm reminded of Chailyn's girlfriend jibe back at the Cornucopia. Maria replies, "No, I haven't. We might as well go report back to Chailyn." She nods. "Let's go then." They walk out of our line of vision. I let out a breath, not realizing I'd been holding it.

We climb down, and rest, as the fire dies down around us. "We're alive," she says with relief. I nod, I can barely believe it myself. I walk a bit, and I see something rather....odd.......There's a piece of earth that appears...fresher...than the other parts. I trace along the dirt, and it's much newer than the others.

Then I see something. In the precise center of the mound, there is something there. Something a bit strange. A sword. What would a sword be doing there? I walk a bit toward it. I recognize it now. It's not an ordinary sword. It belongs to a certain dead tribute named Ashie.

I just caught up. Sully died.:( But this is getting better as it progresses (and it was good from the start). I'm intriqued to see the winner. Any idea how many more chapters there will be?

Last edited:

amaterasu

Writer
caught up again. HoT, i just want to point out that whenever i read Sully as your character, i think of "James P Sullivan" (direct quote) from Monsters Inc. One of my favorite disney movies. next to the Lion King.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
caught up again. HoT, i just want to point out that whenever i read Sully as your character, i think of "James P Sullivan" (direct quote) from Monsters Inc. One of my favorite disney movies. next to the Lion King.
I KNOW, LEFT?!

Great chapter, myriad. The plot thickens still... What will happen, I wonder...?

:lol: I get that all the time in real life, as well.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
So, when do you use 'Sully' in real life?
Oh, and, sorry I couldn't get it up yesterday.

Maria Elvin
District 4

We're running out of food. We had almost unlimited supplies, but then, those stupid scumbags ransacked us. They no doubt took some of the food to last, and then destroyed the rest. We'd had enought on us to last for several days, taking the food packs from Glisten and Thurmal along the way.

Our food had steadily run out, Chailyn telling us to take as little as possible. We had received some food from a sponsor, but that only tided us over for a while. Eventually, we ran out of food. Water was of no issue, we had plenty of iodine. Chailyn coughs. I turn and look at her. "What?" I say.

"Quiro seems a bit...different, since he went on the recon mission," she says. I nod. I'd noticed it too. He seems a bit more....hesitant...then before. I'd kept asking him what he'd seen, but he wouldn't answer. I begin to wonder if it had been an outside force. But that is impossible. Maybe.

"So, what do you think we should do?" I ask. She raises her eyebrows. "On which matter, the matter of Quiro or the matter of the food?" I shrug. "Both." She stands up. "Well, in the case of Quiro, we should wait and see. If it's another Zordo, then to hell with him. On the matter of the food, we can gather enough in the wilderness, and, anyway, even if we can't it'll all be over within a few days."

I'm a bit surprised at her attitude. Admitting that it would all be over in a few days was basically admitting that all but one would die. "You mean, you think you're going to die?" I ask. She raises her eyebrows at that. "I certainly find it possible that I could die, I accept the fact, but what I do not want to do is go down ungloriously."

She stands up from her crouching position, and brushes herself off. "You know that the Careers can not last much longer together," she says. I nod. I'd been thinking about it. Generally, the Careers stayed together until the end, and then turned on each other, until one was left standing. However, it doesn't always turn out that way.

If we were to eliminate the rest of the tributes, then we'd kill each other. I'd have no qualms killing Chailyn or Quiro, in that case. Glisten I might have hesitated for. Not Chailyn, though. She killed her without a second thought. I'd have no qualms killing Thurmal, but I don't know if I could. But then again, I probably could.

"We can stay together to eliminate the rest of the tributes," I say. "And then we kill each other, as always." She nods. "As always," she murmurs. "For now, let's just sleep," I say. She nods. "I'll take first guard duty, seeing as Quiro has already taken the liberty of sleeping." I nod, and lie down, wondering if this can last much longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom