• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Second Favorite Genre?

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I'm sure you've asked someone, "What's your favorite game genre?" and it provided some insight into that person. Maybe it told you about their tastes, what they grew up with, that sorta thing. But what's your second favorite game genre? Was it maybe something you originally really loved, but got pushed to second place after you found a genre just clicked with you more? Maybe you originally hated it, and you slowly grew to like it? Was it something that was similar to so similar to your favorite, you couldn't help but like it?

What's your second favorite game genre? Why is it your second favorite? What brought you to enjoy the genre?

For me, it's definitely Fighting Games. I grew up big on RPGs, and to this day they're my favorite genre. Being able to express yourself in a different world, or living vicariously as someone totally different, I loved it! But there's something satisfying to me about being stuck to fairly rigid conformity, only able to express yourself in a specific set of moves and a specific appearance as a character, and yet still being able to convey your own style through how you play. I started enjoying them a lot after my brother got old enough to pose a serious challenge in Smash Bros. I don't usually find myself to be too competitive in shooters or strategy games, but when it's a 1v1 in a fighting game, I'm always striving to win.

Oh christ I'm not even sure what my first favourite is. I guess action games, like the kind Platinum make.

Second favourite in that case would have to be... Fighting games I guess, I grew up on Killer Instinct and Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat before moving onto Tekken and Soul Calibur.

As a result I'm pretty good out of the gate with most 2D fighters. I don't know a damn thing about Dragon Ball but I'm awesome at FighterZ and Under Night is a great game that i'm pretty sure I could qualify into Evo with.

It's my second favourite because recent industry poison has absolutely destroyed the genre due to DLC and season passes.
The Fanbase can be pretty horrible too and take things far too seriously.

I don't know what my favorite game genre is, yet alone what my second one is. I'd assume my favorite is either action/adventure or RPGs, given the majority of what I play, so I guess that leaves my second favorite as whichever of those that isn't my favorite... those two tend to go hand-in-hand, though, so I guess my second favorite genre might be puzzle games. I'm kind of picky about the format of puzzle games, but they're consistent enough across games I like for me to say it's probably one of my preferred genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom