• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seated crossed legged

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Do you automatically sit one leg on top and if you try tje other its uncomfortable??

Yeah. I prefer one way over the other. If I try to do it the other way it just feels weird and makes me very aware I'm doing it, whereas I don't notice when i do it the usual way.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Maz-koshia.jpg

Doesn't make a difference. Either way is fine with the right foot beneath or the left

Nah, no matter which way, I'm fine with it.
I tend to prefer it when it's tightly crossed like an X rather than an upside-down 4 when in public though.

When I sit Indian style, I usually have my left leg on the inside, but I sleep with my legs crossed in that position a lot (don't judge me), so I make an effort to put my right leg on the inside sometimes so I balance the stress on my knees.

I don't cross my legs, one over the other, as often as I used to, though, which I assume is what this thread is about. I do it at restaurants and that's literally the only time I can think of that I do it. I don't really have a preference of which leg is on top, I usually just switch legs to avoid kicking the person across from me.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The indian style hasn't been comfortable for me since third grade, but when I sit casually I'm almost always cross legged. Oddly enough, I suppose, when I lounge I always cross my legs at the thigh instead of that weird thing guys do where they rest their lower leg on their knee. For some reason I've never been able to do that comfortably. It takes effort to keep my leg from slipping and sorta defeats the purpose. But crossing legs at the thigh is what chicks do so I usually try to make sure I don't look sissy while crossing :ghirahim:

Another habit I have is when I sit at tables I'll cross my legs under my seat at the ankle, often hooking my feet around the chair legs.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't cross my legs when I sit in chairs. That's never been very comfortable. If I'm sitting cross-legged on the floor, usually my right leg goes over my left leg. It's just comfortable that way over the reverse I guess. I don't think much of it. (Though sitting like that while working with the kids today put my leg to sleep lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom