• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seasons of Heaven(Third Party Switch Exclusive)

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
http://nintendoeverything.com/first-screenshots-and-art-from-the-switch-exclusive-seasons-of-heaven/

So, we have one of our very first 3rd party exclusive games for the Switch. This is a post apocalyptic game based on a novel. The screenshots for this game look very beautiful.
seasons-of-heaven-1.jpg

seasons-of-heaven-4.jpg

So what are your thoughts on this game so far? I think it looks very promising, it gives me a lot of a Team ICO vibe. Which is extremely promising.
Also, I am glad that the Switch can handle this grade of visual fidelity as well. So I think it's suffice to say people will be very happy with the power of the system.

Last edited:

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
It looks very impressive :eek:

I've reae that the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U, but always assumed it was by just a little and being more modern. But this definitely convinced me of it *_*

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I can't comment as to the game itself, but as far as the visuals, if a no-name indie developer can do this with the Switch, it makes me excited to see what a real developer can do with it.

Suffice it to say that if this is the worst (and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it looks bad, I'm just saying "who are these people, never heard of them") that we see, I'm satisfied with what's under the hood.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Article says the game is running in unreal engine 4. FF VII Remake is being made in unreal engine 4. Cloud is in Smash bros. FF VII REMAKE FOR SWITCH CONFIRMED?

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
Article says the game is running in unreal engine 4. FF VII Remake is being made in unreal engine 4. Cloud is in Smash bros. FF VII REMAKE FOR SWITCH CONFIRMED?
I think it could be possible for the Switch to have some ports from PS4-tier games if downgraded a bit, so I don't see why not :eek:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I can't comment as to the game itself, but as far as the visuals, if a no-name indie developer can do this with the Switch, it makes me excited to see what a real developer can do with it.

Suffice it to say that if this is the worst (and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it looks bad, I'm just saying "who are these people, never heard of them") that we see, I'm satisfied with what's under the hood.
Whether or not a team is brand new(these are brand new developers, that seem to be an up and coming 2nd party studio for Nintendo) should not be held against them. Yeah. We have seen literally nothing from them, however, these developers could be quite talented. Which is why Nintendo sent them devkits so early in the first place to create an exclusive game for them.

Retro Studios was once in this exact same position. Back when Metroid Prime released, nobody new about Retro. And yet they turned out to be an amazing set of developers hands down. They made games prettier, with better sound design, better atmosphere, and better gameplay than any other developers at the time.

So hey, I would say give them a chance. I am quite interested and excited to see the trailer next week. And their slogan of their company seems quite promising.
The city of Los Angeles is the perfect place to benefit from the interactions between the movie, television and comics industries. The presence of these networks, coupled with the work of our talented team will allow us to develop unique entertaining models. These are the tools necessary to face all the upcoming creative challenges and develop a new, modern way of creating and experiencing a video game. More stories, more emotions, more connections.

Here are the screen shots as they are not working in the OP.

Screenshots

CzKQjmMXEAASi6h.jpg

CzKQjdhWEAAV1nU.jpg

CzKQjhDWQAAFwXM.jpg

CzKQjhDWQAAFwXM.jpg

The game feels a lot like Myst (originally a classic Mac game) of the 90's.

@Lozjam is this a launch day game?

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Here are the screen shots as they are not working in the OP.

Screenshots

CzKQjmMXEAASi6h.jpg

CzKQjdhWEAAV1nU.jpg

CzKQjhDWQAAFwXM.jpg

CzKQjhDWQAAFwXM.jpg

PS. We do already have a games on the Switch topic. I fail to see why this could not have been put in that topic. But oh well, as least the info is shared here.
The OP of "What games should be on the Nintendo Switch" is more of a wishlist of games, and a place to compile rumors. This is a 100% confirmed game that has and will get more concrete details in the future.

This thread is for the discussion of this specific game, not of the switch. And that is a huge distinction. Much like how Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't just go into a Wii U game specific thread.

Having multiple confirmed games in different threads leads to way better organization as well, as users will be able to talk about each specific games instead of going through slogs and slogs of posts for games they don't care about.

Back on topic though... I feel like this could be the perfect game for @Deus.... That dog is just so cute, I have a feeling that he will love it. Especially since you get to play as both the boy and his dog.

Reactions: Dio

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Lozjam is this a launch day game?
I guess we will find out next week(hopefully), when the trailer of this game officially releases along with developer interviews. From what I can gather, the development from the game has been far along, dating all the way back to late 2014ish. I bet you that the studio had trouble funding the game, and then Nintendo funded it for exclusivity. They started the studio in 2014, and haven't really released anything since, and very similar concept art has been posted, for likely the very game we are talking here.

There has been quite a bit of misinformation as well.
Any Arts studio, is not french... It's actually based in California, in LA. They have french speaking developers there and the game is based off a french novel, but the company is 100% American.

I guess we will find out next week(hopefully), when the trailer of this game officially releases along with developer interviews. From what I can gather, the development from the game has been far along, dating all the way back to late 2014ish. I bet you that the studio had trouble funding the game, and then Nintendo funded it for exclusivity. They started the studio in 2014, and haven't really released anything since, and very similar concept art has been posted, for likely the very game we are talking here.

There has been quite a bit of misinformation as well.
Any Arts studio, is not french... It's actually based in California, in LA. They have french speaking developers there and the game is based off a french novel, but the company is 100% American.
Thank you very much for the information.

It's strange for a developer in the US to be using French in their game announcement tweets, not English.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The screenshots do look really beautiful. Seems like it might be an interesting game.

Grant Wilson, one of the guys from Ghost Hunters, is apparently part of the team creating it. I just found out earlier today when he posted the screenshots for it and mentioned working on it. Knowing that makes me pretty optimistic, because he creates great board games.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Whether or not a team is brand new(these are brand new developers, that seem to be an up and coming 2nd party studio for Nintendo) should not be held against them. Yeah. We have seen literally nothing from them, however, these developers could be quite talented. Which is why Nintendo sent them devkits so early in the first place to create an exclusive game for them.

Retro Studios was once in this exact same position. Back when Metroid Prime released, nobody new about Retro. And yet they turned out to be an amazing set of developers hands down. They made games prettier, with better sound design, better atmosphere, and better gameplay than any other developers at the time.

So hey, I would say give them a chance. I am quite interested and excited to see the trailer next week. And their slogan of their company seems quite promising.

I said just the opposite, actually. If a no-name developer can do something this impressive, then I'm optimistic as to what other developers can do. I'm not saying this game sucks because it's made by someone I've never heard of. I'm saying I've never heard of them, so it's good to see that even a company I've never heard of do something like this. Thus, I'm more optimistic of what we can expect.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The OP of "What games should be on the Nintendo Switch" is more of a wishlist of games, and a place to compile rumors. This is a 100% confirmed game that has and will get more concrete details in the future.

This thread is for the discussion of this specific game, not of the switch. And that is a huge distinction. Much like how Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't just go into a Wii U game specific thread.

Having multiple confirmed games in different threads leads to way better organization as well, as users will be able to talk about each specific games instead of going through slogs and slogs of posts for games they don't care about.

Back on topic though... I feel like this could be the perfect game for @Deus.... That dog is just so cute, I have a feeling that he will love it. Especially since you get to play as both the boy and his dog.

Oh yes I love French bulldogs so it is already selling itself to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom