• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Sealed Grounds

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Hey peoples! I was re-reading some of the impressions about the first few hours of SKyward Sword. and I came across this http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/10/skyward-sword-previews-galore-and-more-details/#more-19617.

It says that we will visit a place called the sealed grounds, and that there would be things we strike with the sword beams (I doubt they are the godess cubes.) Could this be this place?

new scene.jpgCapture.jpgauo.jpgfg.jpg

I think it is possible because the game is finished, and was finished when these clips were shown, so the appearence of the wooden shield could be a sign of wich part of the game this is from...

Specualte my friends...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This could very well be part of the beginning, and I wouldn't doubt the screens you provided are part of the Sealed Ground. I wonder though, what exactly are we striking and for what purpose?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The triforce-less bird crest we have seen in the trailers i would suspect...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
If you mean by finished as ''beaten the game'' then I don't think it's when the game is finished..
If you look at the symbols you'll see that the triforce is missing, And I doubt that we won't see the creation of the crest.

The important question is why and what is Link striking down? :huh:

Ganondork

goo
Well, it could be Nintendo trying to mess with us when it comes to the whole matter of the wooden shield. I'd imagine that we get the ability to use sword beams about halfway through the game, maybe even before. I wouldn't think we'd gain the ability towards the end, since I bet we get our hands on the Skyward Sword right before we learn this technique.

But I'm guessing there's going to be more to the sealed grounds other than to learn just a single ability. I think I read somewhere that we will learn moves like hidden skills from Twilight Princess. I'm not saying they'll be exactly the same, though. I bet that this will be the place that we go whenever we learn new moves. But there may even be a bit more to it than that. The name "Sealed Grounds" sounds quite a bit like an area where we'll see Ghirahim.

I like where this is going, and I hope that the Sealed Grounds will have many uses as the game progresses.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I have a feeling that the Sealed Grounds would be the game mechanic that forges the Master Sword. Having the s in "Sealed Grounds" indicate that there could be many of them around hyrule and Link must slowly forge the Master Sword there (or there could be just that one spot and the s is to show its sacredness). Though I have no idea why Fi was dancing there.

Because Link has a wooden sword, I'm guessing the first is in the Faron Woods. And because you need the Skyward Strike to activate it, I think you'll be able to do the Skyward Strike fairly early in the game (since you'll point up to the Sky and slash down to do the strike, so you can do it anywhere while you're down in Hyrule)

Also, by "the game is finished" the OP meant that Nintendo has finalized everything and development is complete (the only thing left is to release it).

I think the Sealed Grounds are down in the spiral pit:

SS.jpg

If the order of the scenes in the opening trailer is legit, this is the first surface area we'll see. It's also located south of the Faron Woods on the map, lining up with what IGN said;

"When Link dives below the clouds, he lands in an area called the Sealed Grounds, just south of the Faron Woods"

It's also the same area the big black "mouth" is fought, implying it's sealed down there, which could explain the name "Sealed Grounds".

Just speculating.

is this the place where he fights the whale? (Maybe the Sealed Ground is the place that Link is preventing the monster to reach)

Links comes across an engraved statue. While standing in front of the statue you must hold your sword up to the heavens to charge it before swinging it down. This will open a bunch of steam holes in the ground and open a sealed door, leading to a cave.

Steam holes, six hearts, wooden shield...oh WaIT!
Screen%20Shot%202011-10-08%20at%2012.04.47%20PM.png

Again the wooden shield
Screen%20Shot%202011-10-08%20at%2012.23.14%20PM.png

The sealed door?
Screen%20Shot%202011-10-08%20at%2012.14.59%20PM.png

"An old woman is in the cave, she tells Link it is her duty to wait for “the one who would be sent from the sky.”
So it is in the land below and there is a human in it? how come? Is she a Hylian or a Human?

Last edited:
I agree with Yonatesf, for all the same reasons. But that shrine with the crest was described by Zelda dungeon so I think that area will be nearby the pit. Both areas also have the little holes that blow wind which allows Link to use his sailcloth to get to higher areas as well.

EDIT: Billy Ninja beat me to it.

Well, it could be Nintendo trying to mess with us when it comes to the whole matter of the wooden shield. I'd imagine that we get the ability to use sword beams about halfway through the game, maybe even before. I wouldn't think we'd gain the ability towards the end, since I bet we get our hands on the Skyward Sword right before we learn this technique.

As some hands-on mentioned Link has the Beam ability right from the beginning, I'm not sure it is a soon as he attain the Goddess Sword, but right in the begening of the Faron Woods he uses the sword beam to send a iron crate to the Sky.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Billy Ninja that's great! all we need to know is where it shows it's coming from and where it's going to. The darkened spot that it's going to does look like Faron Woods. Maybe the swirly area on the map from before?

The sealed door?

So it is in the land below and there is a human in it? how come? Is she a Hylian or a Human?

If that's the Sealed Door, I would think it's obvious that the woman is a Shiekah, who I would assume, weren't mentioned before because of their ninja like tendencies.

But I'm not sure if that's the sealed door he mentioned, for sure this is a sealed door, but we can't even confirm if the Sealed Grounds are in spiral pit...

Plus, this sealed pit is in the Faron/Farore province? So we'll be able to drop at different spots in the same province? If so, how we'll choose the spot we're going to drop in? There'll be several green beacons, or it will toggle between the spots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom