• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World .... Zelda Music?

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well I just watched Scot Pilgrim vs.The world and I heard ZELDA MUSIC IN A LINK TO THE PAST THROUGH OUT THE MOVIE!So this is what I heard Link in the Fairy Fountain, Link in the fields, Link discovering a hidden place, and lets see Link getting the Triforce or a item I am not sure oh and Link playing the Ocarina.Well the movie was good but You hear Zelda music and like Street Fighter sounds and like other games that says Continue 3,21 crap and other stuff about the movie it actually quite funny you can say or something like that you have to see this movie if you like Video Games for real watch this movie.

Thanks for reading ~

Beeker

Wild Card
Yup. Scott Pilgrim Vs the World makes a ton of video game references in the movie, including Zelda ones, most notably the ones you said about the music and sound effects from the games. If you do play a bunch of video games, you'll get a lot of references the movie makes. It's pretty neat.
I found it a pretty enjoyable movie as well. ^^

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I did notice A Link to the Past music in this movie, of course, as it struck me as obvious being to Zelda fan that I am. Though with the 7 X's, I think that's making more of a Mario reference, as he gets points by defeating the bad guys, and that's something we see in Mario games.

Ganondork

goo
Haha, yeah. Me and my dad were in the movie theater, and I leaned over to him and said "ohmygod, that's ALttP music!"

Yep, as others have said, tons of video game references. Zelda, Tetris, Final Fantasy, etc. The graphic novel mentions even more (Sonic, Super Mario Bros 2). I'd suggest it if you liked the movie.

<<< HUGE Scott Pilgrim fan.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Oh my goodness, I loved Scott Pilgrim to DEATH! ^^ Me being the fanboy that I am. The Zelda references were quite nifty, and overall the whole game-like feel was absolutely awesome. I have to say, though, my favorite line was probably "I'm in lesbians with you." XD

octorok74

TETTAC
I only saw it compare it to the books. The books are so much better. Anyway yeah, Young Neil plays A Link to the Past in quite a few scenes. The movie also didn't have Wallace's greatest bacon reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom