• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Scooby Doo Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I definitely agree on lynching a lurker or inactive, though it's difficult to choose between them. I already have town reads on SMS, funnier, and Giri. I also have a weaker one on Mido due to how quick he was to dismiss the notion of a rat between those who went for Johnny: since they're considered nearly confirmed right now (and I'm pretty confident all are indeed town), scum would probably want to try casting doubt on them rather than clearing them. I think this is especially likely since none of them were NK'd. Naga has also been fairly active and I think has had generally good takes, although he engaged in a lot of setup discussion early on.

Rubik and Ex are people I have null reads on. The former has been inactive (until now) and wasn't online at EoD yesterday, but I believe him when he says that it's because of business/lack of interest, since I don't think he's the type to be intentionally inactive for strategic reasons, and also because he's been inactive and not contributed as town in a recent game. Ex is someone I generally have difficulty reading and I haven't really looked through his posts yet, though I probably should.

That leaves the following as potential targets tonight:
Doc
Poyzin
PokaLink

I think all three of these would be decent lynches. Poka has been the least active in terms of post count and I don't like his Giri vote, though I'm not sure whether I find it suspicious. Doc did defend Giri, and I think Rubik's post about potentially doing it for town cred is well-taken (and discussed below).

Poy is interesting in that he was actually around for EoD yesterday, and his contributions were: 1. stating that both Giri and Johnny looked like bad lynches and 2. saying I was scummy but not voting for me, even after Johnny did. On the surface, this looks like him working with Johnny and sharing his opinions. That said, it's curious that he didn't go so far as to vote for me in that case. It's possible that he was attempting to sway others to vote for me without doing so himself so that he didn't look suspicious if Johnny flipped, but that might be looking into it too much given his completely apathetic attitude. I also didn't really like his behavior in the group chat when he cast suspicion on me and doubted SMS. I find this somewhat suspicious for the same reason that I find Mido's doing the opposite to be indicative of town.

Overall, I think I'll stick with my Poy vote. Even if he isn't scum, his apathetic attitude and inactivity aren't of much help. My only regret is that he was actually pretty good at solving the riddle.

posturing to look good if Giri flips town. If Giri is town, Doc is likely scum. If Giri is scum, I doubt Doc makes the play he did here.
This was a large part of my reasoning for suspecting Johnny and I would normally agree, but I doubt all scum went for the same, obvious move. I could easily believe that at least two did, though, specifically because it's so obvious: Giri was looking like he would be basically the archetypal easy Day 1 lynch that you'd want to defend for town cred. So the reasoning is still sound, but probably weaker now that we've already found one person who did so. The point about a Giri flip being high-information is fair, but I'm already fairly confident that he's town, so I'd rather just work on that assumption rather than lynching to confirm it.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I'n probably sticking on Poy, but after Poka's last few posts I'm not liking them. Voting Giri today feels like such a waste.

Yeah no at this point it definitely is.

it was more of a gut hunch that I wanted to get more into.

Vote: Poyzin

Not that it seems like it'll make much of a difference.

I don't think it was wrong for Poyzin to question why we should give the clues to SMS, but he seemed almost desperate to get the snacks sent to anyone else (although really just Mido), that it does strike me as weird. You both had the most alibis for helping town to oust Johnny, and even Mido himself agreed you should get them.

Not saying Mido is scum as well but the fact that Poyzin wanted him to get the snacks without justification is weird. And they both are in the inactive boat :suspicious:

funnier6

Courage~
I don’t have very much time so I’m just going to spew some thoughts right quick

sms is basically confirmed to me for how he single handedly redirected the lynch onto Johnny, even though he didn’t vote there himself. It’s just absolutely ridiculous, you have a perfectly good mislynch (or not if Giri is also scum) and you just decide to come in and ask people to vote your scum bud?! Like, no.

I find it a little difficult to believe Kirino would go along with this unless there was some sort of last minute plan where Johnny would Giri or something that went awry, I feel like the only way Kirino would let his scum bud die when it was so preventable is that something somewhere didn’t go right. It’s just overkill.

I don’t really know what to make of Giri rn, I’d probably want him shot if possible since he’s just going to be good for wine as long as he lives and Id rather not deal with that in late game

I feel like it also looks good for Rubik since he wasn’t present during eod while simultaneously he was surely present enough to see in scum chat that things were going down so his apathy to the eod actually looks kinda good for him. His overall laziness irritates me but those little ISOs were nice and honestly I have no room to talk about contribution rn

Poy I’m willing to go along with if only because I didn’t want to lynch Johnny for the exact same reasons I didn’t want to lynch Poy and I was dead wrong on that and I am not nearly checked in enough to this game to give a good reason why he’s a worse choice than anyone else

Ex is complaining a ton, like more than usual, in a really ineffective way. “Ugh I’m trying to figure things out :glare:” but like. I don’t see where he’s been figuring anything out. Just strikes me wrong. Granted I’d be a bit frustrated too if I was actually paying attention while everyone else ditched.

The Poy interaction with Mido is the only weird thing about Mido atm, that and Midos lack of presence today. I felt like he was town fsr yesterday but I can’t remember what it was and can’t be bothered to look atm

I need to look at Naga and Doc again cause I remember literally nothing from them

I wanted to talk about Poka’s opinions on lynching Giri but can’t remember what I was getting at with that either

Lemme check vote count right quick

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Vote Count Day 2.2
Poy (3) - SMS, Kirino
Poka (3) - Ex, funnier
Rubik (1) - Funnier
Giri (1) - Poka
Ex (1) - Rubik

Not Voting - Doc, Poy, Naga, Mido

The day ends in about 30 minutes. With 11 alive, it takes 6 for majority.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Vote Count Day 2.3
Poy (4) - SMS, Kirino, Poka
Poka (4) - Ex, funnier, Poy
Ex (1) - Rubik

Not Voting - Doc, Naga, Mido

The day ends in about 7 minutes. With 11 alive, it takes 6 for majority.

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
So I dug myself into a hole by not doing anything this phase. I might say “It’s not like I care or anything” but there’s 8 minutes left and I’ve been pretty detrimental.

Quick thoughts: Mido and Giri are some of the towniest towns.

Funnier and Ex both look pretty townie too.

I agree with Naga on a lot of their early D2 stuff.

Kirino looks sus af in my eyes and I don’t like how they are praising SMS as much as they are.

PokaLink is a better alternative.

So the wagons are tied. I'm confident that one of them is a scum team. The fact of the scum lynch on day 1 gives SMS town pants (although was that the plan?), and the other wagon is with Exlight who I have been leaning scum most of the game. At this point, unless Poyzin comes up with something fast I am happy with this lynch, if only for the lurker quality.

Vote: Poyzin

Poyzin

I DID eat Doc, I promise!
Giri is the most townie person in this game so I swear if they get lynched I promise I’ll be rolling in my grave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom