• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scenes from Movies or Other Video Games You'd Like to Have Seen in Zelda

Zelda is an awesome franchise and has its fair share of franchise defining moments, but have you ever watched a film or played a video game and said 'wow, that would have been cool in a Zelda game'? Well, neither have I but i thought it may make a good thread topic.

So, are there any scenes from a movie or other video games that you would like to have seen in a Zelda game?

Perhaps something from Lord of Rings?
Perhaps a scene or moment from a Prince of Persia game?

go wild and have fun.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd love to see some bizarre animal-thing just up and eat one of Link's companions. Think the Snake scene from Resident Evil:
[video=youtube;ebpCmjWUUIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpCmjWUUIQ[/video]

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yuuup definitely something straight out of Lord of The Rings!

They make the war scenes look so epic and it's always something I'd like to see in Zelda and the death scenes actually meant something in LOTR and Tbh as sad as it seems a sad death in a Zelda game would make the story more real and emotional! Look at Majoras Mask the story was epic and you actuallyfltd something everytime one of the character died....Like the Mikau death :(

Funny you should mention Lord of the Rings specifically. I've actually re-watched the whole Balrog scene in The Fellowship of the Ring recently and the beginning of The Two Towers, and I couldn't help but think, "Wouldn't that be awesome in Zelda?" (Let's face it, you know a movie's going to be epic when it opens with an old man and a fiery demon beating the crap out of each other while falling down a pit.) I was imagining the bridge scene from TFotR being a mentor of Link's who dies from the Balrog-like creature, then Link engaging in a free-fall battle with the Balrog near the end of the game to avenge his master. Or something. Mere conjecture. The story needs to pick itself up and start walking from its current formulaic stance for this to happen, but it's something to think about.

Besides, imagine a Zelda game where one of the "bosses" is not something you confront or even see right away, but something completely overpowered that chases you through the dungeon and forces you to act quickly in spite of the enemies shooting at you from a distance. To help cement both images I've talked about, here's a video.

[video=youtube;44kBN340vd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kBN340vd4[/video]

This doesn't mean Zelda can't still be lighthearted and funny (the Lord of the Rings series was quite humorous sometimes), but the epic of this in a video game would be hard to beat.

I'd love to see some bizarre animal-thing just up and eat one of Link's companions. Think the Snake scene from Resident Evil

"Oh my gosh! It got Groose! We gotta get out of here, man!"

Yeah, picture something like that haunting you throughout the Spirit Temple, or maybe the Shadow Temple. Zelda is selectively scary; why not use a giant cobra to get the point across?

Last edited:

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
To answer the opposite of this question as well, I would've liked to see Dead Hand in Silent Hill! :)

Soot Sprites from Spirited Away and a lot of that movie in particular would go well with a Zelda game. NoFace would make a great boss. Once you defeat him, he could be a sidekick of Link's just like he is Chihiro's in the movie.

I'd like to see this guy from The 5th Element running around Skyloft like the carpenters in OoT. 5e_045RubyBlonde.jpg

I think an area similar to Laputa from Castle in the Sky would be awesome. Same with Nausicaa- I better just play it safe and say pretty much any Studio Ghibli film would translate well in a Zelda world. I could see Link on Epona being chased by raging Ohms. Link would look super cool in her glider too.

Nice topic!
I remember when I saw Avatar (James Cameron's) I thought some stuff in the forest, the floating islands, and the concept with the birds could be used in the next Zelda (which was Skyward at the time). It's funny, a lot of the concepts actually did come out in SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom