• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scary Zelda Characters

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Creepy Post Man from many games.

TP_cg_Postman.jpg

948818-thefunnypostman_large.jpg

I'm quite inclined to agree.

Something about a grown man running around Hyrule in his underwear really creeps me out. When my brother watches me play TP, I will say to him something along the lines of "Avert your eyes!" whenever I see the postman. I don't want him scarred by such experiences.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
In addition to those that've been said: The Hero's Shade.

This. I'm replaying Twilight Princess right now and every time I do, I try to look for little details that I may have missed on other times. I just met the Hero's Shade for the first time and decided to get a good look at his character design. Depending on the angle, his body is very translucent or not even existent. I like the concept of the character enough that I'd never noticed that just on appearance, he really does fit my definition of "creepy."

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Redead_OoT.png

ReDeads. They terrified me so much that I almost wasn't able to beat the Shadow Temple or the Bottom of the Well. And I used the Warp Songs to avoid going through the ReDead infested Market.

I even sent an e-mail to HTLOZ asking them how to get over my fear of ReDeads. Falco just responded "I need a vacation..." Which, needless to say, was totally unhelpful. There are now some videos on YouTube that give helpful procedures for conquering ReDead fear now, though... back then, I ended up driving myself insane and imagining ReDeads were around every corner in real life. Eventually, I got upset with the game. I beat the game in order to deal away the evil, and then sealed my OoT cartridge in a Wooden Box that I labeled "Pandora's Box" for several years to keep the ReDeads from coming out.

My mother says that I seem to get very upset when I lose at video games ever since then... almost as though I take the game personally, or see it as life or death on some unconscious level. It could be a side effect of trying to cope mentally and emotionally with the concept of ReDeads when I was 11 or 12.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
SPOILER AHEAD

I'm surprised that no one has posted this little beauty yet......O_________O
180px-EvilMidna.jpg

And this.....I jumped when his mask went down. O________O
zant.jpg

The first time I saw one of these I had to turn my camera behind Link...and this is what I found. needless to say I jumped to Kingdom Come.
210px-ReDead_Knight.png

This scared me a little bit the first time:
Pamela's_Father.png

This isn't scary, but it sometimes makes me physically sick....
tingle.jpg

And of course the redeads. Nothing scared me more than redeads when I was younger. I don't think a picture is needed lol.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
This. I'm replaying Twilight Princess right now and every time I do, I try to look for little details that I may have missed on other times. I just met the Hero's Shade for the first time and decided to get a good look at his character design. Depending on the angle, his body is very translucent or not even existent. I like the concept of the character enough that I'd never noticed that just on appearance, he really does fit my definition of "creepy."
If the Hero's Shade is indeed the Link from OoT and MM, the fact that such a happy little boy could have turned into such an atrocity adds another dimension of creepiness.

N

nintendoLOVER05

The redead's for sure there all like SCREAAAMMMMM! then they like sexually assault you D:

Dead hand and the wallmasters from TP in the twilight dungeon. Those wallmasters arent too scary but its the fact that something completely unstopable is chasing you and you can't go fast enough to get far ahead and its always right behind you.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I think that none of the characters through Zelda have been scary, par-say, but the "creepiest" one was definately the Mask Salesman because though not gorey, demonic or terrifying, he had an overwhelming sense of darkness around him. Especially when you run out of time and he saves you in Majora's Mask.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Sharp in MM. I don't think anyone mentioned him unless I missed it. Maybe it's more the scene with Sharp and his music moreso than Sharp himself, but nonetheless he was creepy to me.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
That little girl in OoT who tells Link that Anju's brother became a Stalfos. She is creepy. The guy just mutated into a monster, and this is just everyday ordinary activity to her.

Everybody, Stalfos.

i don't believe anyone said mine yet. i found thet guru guru (or whatever the music man's name is) in MM was scary, he was just as bipolar as the happy mask salesman (whom i'm also scared of) and he shifts moods even more quickly from happy and innocent to angry and murderous. it also creeped me out how whenever he got angry, the music would get faster and faster, i always thought he was going to kill you when that happens. i don't know, really bipolar characters have always creeped me out.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
I thought the Happy Mask Salesman in Majora's Mask was creepy. Everytime he got angry his eyes always used to go like, all white, so I avoided seeing him as much as possible.
And the Garo's, man they freaked me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom