• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Scary Shadow Temple

Was anyone else freaked out when they played through the Shadow Temple for the first time?

I was about 8 when I first played it, and I thought the skulls and the music were extremely creepy! Not to mention Bongo Bongo and his severed hands!

I wouldn't say I was really freaked out by it, I was more:

.....wtf.

Just kind of like a what the hell happened to this place?

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I played the Shadow Temple when I was 14, so it wasn't scary at all. I liked the Shadow Temple. I would've been pretty freaked if I was younger though.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes, this temple deserves its own topic.

now here is my little story.

Back when i was a little kid, and on my first try wih OOT, i was actually scared to go in the temple... but still i need to play it. it was nervewrecking.

Stupid wallmasters, Din 's fire FTW!

anyway the ironic part is, this became my fave temple for some reason.
even if it was scary at the start, i really liked the idea of the temple when i grew older.

weird huh?

I was never freaked out by it, just aggravated a lot. It was a cool temple, but not my favorite. It felt very claustrophobic to me. Even though it wasn't really small, there were a bunch of walls and close ceilings everywhere that made it seem very inclosed, like a large crypt or something. My favorite temple is probably the Spirit Temple to be honest, though I like them all for different reasons. The Spirit Temple just had the koolest layout. And the fact that you got to play it as kid and adult Link was pretty neat.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The only part that freaked me out was the Boat with the stalfos. But that's only 'cause I hate stalfos.
The Forest Temple always creeped me out more.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The only part that freaked me out was the Boat with the stalfos. But that's only 'cause I hate stalfos.
The Forest Temple always creeped me out more.

Now that you mention it, on my first try, i also was kinda freaked out with forest temple.

I was expecting something like: yay, forest...lot of green and flowers...and..stuff...

But it felt more like a haunted evil forest. I kinda like the whole idea of the temple, but it was unexpected for me, its kinda hard to describe it.

Oh yeah, and one important thing of the forest temple that really gave you that strange feeling was the music. mysterious music, like all of a sudden a enemy would pop up from link 's back or something.

Kybyrian

When I was little it was dark, creepy, and scary. Like this movie where you think something is going to pop out around and corner and how there was blood on the floor in that one room of the temple and it was all freaky... and the spikes from the ceilings or whatever, I think I'm still talking about the Shadow Temple, it's been a while. I found that temple really freaky and scary whenever I was younger, but it doesn't bother me any more.

octorok74

TETTAC
I was scared when I played through it, but it was pretty fun. I hated how many wallmasters there were and Bongo-Bongo was so cool.

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
I would never play it as a kid. When I finnally got to Bongo Bongo (2 YEARS later) I wondered why people thought he was so scary. He was an aweaome boss and alot of the time I purposely don't save afterwards just to battle him again and again. ^^

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
No, funnest boss of all time is Barniade!
Not going off topic or anything, just replying...honest opinions...

Last edited:

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
Those two bosses are simply awesome.

Also, in the Shadow Temple, I forgot to jump off the boat. I was scared when I started it and then I thought you had to defeat the Stalfos to get off.

Whoopsies!

S

stalfo7

That ghost ship was a nice touch, and as always stalfos appear out of nowhere to attack :lol:

But anyways, I agree with the thought that the Shadow Temple is creepy, like one big crypt. I think thats exactly what it is. But I always thought the bottom of the well was scarier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom