• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scares?

The question of will there be scares is more of a question of will there be things WHOSE PURPOSE is to scare? It's more like a question of whether you think Redeads, Gibdos, etc. (fear-based) will be included in the game regardless of if they scare YOU or not.

Anyway, I think it will be quite weird if they didn't include enemies whose purpose is to invoke fear, as this kind of enemy is such a staple in the Zelda series. The excuse that Skyward Sword's graphics might make fear-based enemies less scary (or NOT scary at all) is quite stale. You can't speak for everyone, and assume everyone won't be scared or even a little startled. Wind Waker's graphics didn't seem to prohibit the fear-factor of its Redeads, despite of its graphics being considered "too cartoony" and "whimsical" by MANY, IMO.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
Wind Waker's graphics didn't seem to prohibit the fear-factor of its Redeads, despite of its graphics being considered "too cartoony" and "whimsical" by MANY, IMO.

Dang right it didn't. I find Wind Waker's Redeads creepier than any other incarnation of the enemy. o_O

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I dunno if it's just me, but from what i can see as you progress further in the game it starts to get a whole lot darker. Sure the palette is rich and beautiful but that doesn't mean that the game can't be dark in different moments in the game. I really predict that Skyward Sword will be darker than we think. The Sky Temple is an example of some of the creepiness we'll be seeing the game. the Temple seems....empty and without emotion. This is not a bad thing I'm stating, it's just the atmosphere. Everything seems ancient and falling apart and this could symbolize the land below being ruled by Ghirahim and his tribe. Even the fire dungeon from what we've seen so far looks extremely dark, hot, and full of dangers.

I know everyone will argue "Well most temples in Zelda look dark and frightening", but these temples have a different atmosphere to them that evoke a certain fright in players. Even though we haven't played the game yet, it feels as if every dungeon has danger around each corner. If the dungeons make me feel this way, then I can just imagine what Hyrule's overworld will look like. Will it be bright and colourful, but just full of monsters? Or will we see a dark and dangerous land that can be related to the Dark World in A Link to the Past?

All I'm really saying is that we'll see some scares for sure....

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
The Zelda games may look dark, spooky, whatever else you call it depending on who you are but to me and this is my opinion the games aren't very scary I mean people think that redeads, floormasters, wallmasters are scary but they aren't scary. Don't judge me for my opinion.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
If they include Tingle, that will be reason enough for me to wet my pants in horror. THAT is probably the most scary thing they could possibly do.

Dang right it didn't. I find Wind Waker's Redeads creepier than any other incarnation of the enemy. o_O

:suspicious: Yes, very creepy. *shivers in fear*

I just hope Skyward Sword's incarnation of the Redeads don't have wings or fly to fit the Sky theme, as Wind Waker's Banshee-esque ones had the "island/sea type look", which was very effective I might add.:)

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Yes, very creepy. *shivers in fear*

I just hope Skyward Sword's incarnation of the Redeads don't have wings or fly to fit the Sky theme, as Wind Waker's Banshee-esque ones had the "island/sea type look", which was very effective I might add.:)

....flying zombies.... o_O

Anywhoo, this is what I love about graphics such as these :) One moment could be bright and cheerful, but a quick change of colors and lighting and the mood can be changed dramatically.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
if there are going to be flying redeads and other "scary monsters" that will be able to fly I am going to love this game I love the flying enemies in the other LoZ games if they make the monsters that attack on land be able to fly to fit the Skyloft place that this game is going to be truly amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom