• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scares?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Hey guys! I was wondering, will there be any scares in SS? Just because the art style is cross between TP (With some scares like the redead soldiers) and WW (with those redeads). I personally think that some frights will work, because it's not too cartoony and not too realistic. I would quite like that to be honest, but what do you think? Will it work? What frights would you like?

Lupine

Sacred Beast
There will probably be redeads... or floor/wall masters, or something new.

And then of course there's Ghirahim...
;)

Some frights would be cool. They grab your attention, that's for sure. :)

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I don't think that redeads are scary and that is my opinion I don't think there are scares in any of the legend of zelda video games so I doubt there will be scares in Skyward Sword but that is just my opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's that awesome villain with his rather insane thought train, and I think some temples won't be full of light, so enemy popup spawns could give someone a quick shock as well. I don't think there will be any moments where some dreadful feeling will just sweep across your mind given the art style, but it's definitely possible.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
It's not so much the looks that kill, I can handle just about anything when it comes to appearance. I'm just a bit jumpy, so when things tend to pop out of nowhere, I'll fly out of my seat in surprise x3

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Yes, I meant scares that make you jump, rather than House of the Dead Overkill scares.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I really hope that their is a shadow temple or a large graveyard (in which like OOT you could go under the graves) in SS. I also hope that if they have these that they will make it even scarier and thrilling then any place we have seen in a zelda game.

I thought the Miniblins from The Wind Waker were quite scary yikes! ...and of course, the Redeads.

Redeads, Gibdos, and other baddies that serve to invoke fear may return this time in Skyward Sword. I agree with others that if Lord Ghirahim's fabulousness wasn't scary enough, I don't know what is! :lol:

On a slightly off-topic note: Did anyone feel like the Redeads of WW were more like Banshees (based on their appearance and mannerisms)?

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
Firstly, I must point out (as I often do when discussing such things) that "fear" itself is subjective- what one person may find to be simply terrifying may only be a simple chill to another. Either way, there is a definate possibility that at least one part of the game will contain some sort of disturbing atmosphere. In the past, though the Zelda series in general contains a vast number of relatively "disturbing" creatures, Nintendo has gone out of its way to include a dungeon that is themed around a creepy atmosphere (whether it be the dead warriors of Arbiter's Grounds in TP or the decaying thresholds of the Skull Dungeon in aLttP). I suppose it would be most uncharacteristic of them if they deemed some form of disturbing area in Skyward Sword unnecessary. There will likely be a return of Redeads, Wallmasters, and other series staples. I suppose there may also exist parts where enemies appear unexpectedly or you feel that Link is not quite alone. Will it compare to any standard of great horror? This is unlikely. Will there be parts that give rise to some emotions of dread? I certainly hope so.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I don't think that redeads are scary and that is my opinion I don't think there are scares in any of the legend of zelda video games so I doubt there will be scares in Skyward Sword but that is just my opinion.

I think there will be scares because sometimes things jump out at you and scare you and sometimes I think the redeads are scary does my keyboard have a period key I don't know.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

But seriously, Redeads are a must, and sometimes the 'jumpy' scares are fun, but I love it when Zelda has 'Creepy' scares more. :3

Ganondork

goo
I don't expect much of any scares. But well, my mind is conditioned to survive scary games - I've played Dead Space 2 after all. I'd be surprised if it does have any scares, given the art style. Maybe a creepy fellow out there? I hear a lot of people are scared by ReDeads and Gibdos, and I don't really find them scary.

Maybe there will be some scares, but I don't see it being very likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom