• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scarecrow's Song

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Hi all! :wave:
I couldn't find this when I used the search, so here it is!
In this thread, you can talk about the following:

- What was your Scarecrow's Song?
- Did you find it helpful?
- Did you get it?
- Did you get it in OoT or MM, or both?

And anything else to do with the scarecrow's song.
Here is how my Scarecrow's Song goes, it is very special to me, because it was made by my brother 7 years ago when he played the Ocarina of Time, so I use it too:

------------------------------------------
-----(^)--------(^)--------------(^)-----
--(A)----(v)-(A)----(v)------(A)----------

(If the note is bold, it means it is played longer than the others, all the other notes were played fast.) ^^

Last edited:

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I don't remember the song I made it but I did not get it so it was not helpful.Although when I did get it it helped me get a heart piece.I got it near the end of the game cause I didn't feel like changing from kid to adult over and over agin, it was quite a pain>.<.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
I never really used the scarecrow's song. I always used extensive ways of getting on to ledges...:thinking:
Like in the shadow temple, I used the longshot to get the gold skultula
on the wall beside the ship.
I'm not even gonna say how I got the Gold Skulltula in Dodongo's cavern that was in the one closed in hallway. ugh.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Mine is usually a UDUDUDUD as fast as I could put it in. Didn't sound good or anything but it was easy to remember if I took a long time between plays.

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
I don't remember my song, I didn't use it in MM and I only found it helpful a few times. I found it helpful in the fire temple when you got the golden rupee and in the sacred forest meadow when you could hop over all the moblins to get to the fairy fountain, even though I would usually just warp to the forest temple and back-track to get to the fairy fountain.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Hahaha. I took the easiest route every time.

My first playthrough was: Up Right Down Left Up Right Down Left
Every time since has been: A Down Down Down Down Down Down Down

M

mamu mamu

mine, in oot, was the song of healing then up and down, i didn't realy use it at all......

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
I've made mine the Elegy of Emptiness from Majora's Mask before, just with an added note (need 8 total):
---------------------(^)---------
-----(<)-----------------(<)-----
-(>)-----(>)-----(>)------------- (+1?)
-------------(v)-----------------
---------------------------------

Right now, I'm just doing something I can remember:
-(^)-----------------------------
-----(<)-------------------------
---------(>)---------------------
-------------(V)-----------------
-----------------(A)-(A)-(A)-(A)-

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I remember doing this in one of my files in OoT but never MM, what does it do? I've never really bothered to do it before but since im replaying OoT anyways i guess I'll do it.
Sometimes when Navi turns green, you can play the Scarecrow's Song to make a scarecrow you can hookshot appear.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, mine is just a backwards version of the Sun's Song. It was kinda helpful in the Shadow Temple and the Gerudo Fortress.
-(^)-------------(^)-------------------(^)------|
-------------------------------------------------|
------------(>)------------------(>)-------------|
-----(v)-----------------(v)----------------(v)--|

Last edited:
My Scarecrow's Song was based loosely on the Oath to Order from Majora's Mask. All the "^" and "A" notes were followed by a very brief pause. Here it is:

^ > v A ^ > v A

I thought it was very useful. In fact, I always thought it was required for certain secrets in OoT... I don't get it when I hear people saying it isn't...

I didn't get it in MM. I didn't know you could... >.<

I never really found the Scarecrow's song to be all that useful. I think I made one the first or second time I went through OoT, but I usually don't bother with it when I start re-playing the game again. Is there anything you can get with it besides rupees?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom