• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scarecrow Song and Great Fairy Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thevilord

hey! i'm following the walktrough and when a i get to the great fairy to get magic spells, she does not appear, the little jingle plays but no more...

also, everywhere i have to play my scarecrow song, Pierre does not appear, it says that i played the scarecrow song but nothing else...

help!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Someplace where Navi changes aren't Scarecrow Song places their place where you play the Song of Storms try that if that doesn't work then I dunno what the prob is.

Someplace where Navi changes aren't Scarecrow Song places their place where you play the Song of Storms try that if that doesn't work then I dunno what the prob is.

This for the Scarecrow's Song. It only works in certain places.

As for Great Fairies, I don't know. Are you playing an emulated version, on the N64, or on the Wii Virtual Console? That may help other people solve the problem if they know what you're playing it on.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Yeah, Navi changes color for several reasons. Not just to say to play the Scarecrow's Song. As for the Great Fairies, the only thing I can think of is play Zelda's Lullaby on the triforce that's in front of the fountain, if you don't she won't appear, but if that doesn't work I have no idea. I hope you can get this figured out.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
You may have not gotten the first great fairy's upgrade,* which is the one that gives Link a magic bar that the three spells and magic bar upgrade require.

*Spin Attack, near Death Mountain Peak, the entrance is to the bombable wall directly behind and to the left of Keapora Gaebora. To get to the Peak you'll need to bomb the rocks on the ramp and column near the place were rolling rocks constantly appear, right after where the Bomb Flower Goron explodes. Following that trail (have the Hylian shield equipped to protect from falling rocks) you'll need to climb up a cliff, killing/avoiding Skullwalltulas along the way.

An aside, The band 3oh!3 is pretty good and rather funny.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Navi also changes not only or Scarecrow's Song or Zelda Lullaby, It might also be a place for the Song of Storms like in the Dessert Colossus look on Eastern side of that area and you'll find it. After playing the SoS it creates a Fairy Fountain. If people need more locations I know of at least of two others.

I had a strange glitch on my 64 cartridge of this game. We bought it used and apparently it was still programmed to the previous owner's Scarecrow Song, which of course I didn't know. The Song is supposed to reset for each file, but ours never did. Trust me, I tried to teach that damn scarecrow a new song for hours.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
you might have to go back to pierre where you met him in the past and replay the song for him to rember and be able to use it. but I dont know what's wrong with the fairies

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
To get a new Scarecrow's Song you need to go back to Pierre as a kid and pull out your ocarina in front of him. He'll dance to your old song and then you can play a new one that will become the Scarecrow's Song.

T

thevilord

You may have not gotten the first great fairy's upgrade,* which is the one that gives Link a magic bar that the three spells and magic bar upgrade require.

*Spin Attack, near Death Mountain Peak, the entrance is to the bombable wall directly behind and to the left of Keapora Gaebora. To get to the Peak you'll need to bomb the rocks on the ramp and column near the place were rolling rocks constantly appear, right after where the Bomb Flower Goron explodes. Following that trail (have the Hylian shield equipped to protect from falling rocks) you'll need to climb up a cliff, killing/avoiding Skullwalltulas along the way.

An aside, The band 3oh!3 is pretty good and rather funny.

that was it for the great fairy... but i did not return where i was supposed to play scarecrow's song, may be it was that too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom