• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Scaling System

Not that you guys really care - I'm here on the pretext that my previous community that was providing gudiance when I needed it always seemed to feel - well...bothered when I brought up any questions, as though I shouldn't have been asking the questions myself. It's just my opinion that the best approach to research is to find others with first-hand experience and ask and not to seek out second-hand information. It just really bothers me that I was actually being flamed by the members of this community. Now that my venting is done (sorry to have done that) I'll get to my actual issue at hand.

I'm playing in Master Mode and have set the following goals for myself: a maximum kill count (I assume 10 is that count) for each monster's subspecies and a completed compendium using photos I've taken. If I have to fill in a few gaps with the compendium it won't be a huge deal but I'd sooner if possible strive to take a photo of everything myself. The main thing I'd like to assure myself on is that enemies won't scale and the subspecies and weapon classes I'd still need to encounter won't go extinct before I've encountered them.

From what I've already researched, each sub-species has a maximum kill counter of 10. This will mean that once the counter reaches 10 it no longer impacts the enemy's ability to promote nor the equipment that they're holding. It'll be great to get a confirmation on this so that I can focus on the monsters that I need to use to develop my soldier set armor so that I can take on those monsters that I know will go extinct, e.g. the red and blue lynels. In my present state I'm helpless without stasis+ and without enhanced armor I'm helpless (not to mention I only have three hearts).

So I guess the core of the question is this if you want a summary: is it OK for me to proceed with killing? Will this, in the end, not disturb my ability to still kill ten red and blue lynels and get photos of their drops? I already know there's a blue lynel at the coliseum ruins and the red one at the mountain at lanyaru - but their weapon sets are fixed. I'd like to know if it's OK not to be a pacifist.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I honestly have no idea. I just know its tied to number of enemies as you said, although I've never known the exact number until now. 10 seems pretty low for the number of enemies that are out there. If you're feeling uncertain, I'd just play it safe. Be as much of a pacifist as you need to be to feel secure in accomplishing your goal. I wish I could be more help than that.

To be honest, I haven't played too much of the game to know how many Lynels are in the game. But as long as there's ten, you could grind the last Lynels for better drops.

By the way, this is a very friendly community, so feel free to ask any questions. Welcome.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom