• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saviors of the Sea SU

So you know how Aren's all awesome and nice and altruistic and stuff? Yeah. His canonical successor, the second Artist, is... not. Meet Nero, folks, and be greatly disappointed.

Name: Nero Cyedan (is Nero his real name? probably not)
Age: He's rather young for a... whatever he is, but not terribly so--he's technically an adult, and has the appearance of someone about 21.
Appearance: He's relatively tall and relatively slender, with shoulder-length black hair, a narrow face, and rather full lips. He has a wispy mustache and beard, and white eyes that will occasionally glow for no apparent reason. He could be handsome, I guess, but his personality is reminiscent of an unwashed butt, so he's not.
Personality: Easiest way to put it: He's a jerkwad. Like, seriously. He acts like the 'lonely, angsty loner' type, but he's honestly a dramatic, sniveling *******. He thinks he's better than everyone else and won't tolerate anyone trying to 'stick their nose into my business', but at the same time he's the nosiest, most intrusive person I can make a character with a good conscience. Sure, he has a lot of good ideas and a good ear, but you're daft if you think he'll use those for good. I doubt that there's any good beneath all that, really. I mean, you can try to get it out of him, but I doubt you'll be rewarded with anything for your efforts.
Weapon: I... honestly have no idea yet. See, in canon, he's a Nokken, and has his violin, and can put any enemies into a trance and just leave, or, y'know, drown them with this really weird power I envision in which he can drown people on dry land by filling their lungs rapidly with their blood... but he's probably not a Nokken here, and he sure doesn't have his violin. So, I don't know. I guess he'd rather stand on the sidelines and let everyone else do the fighting.
Backstory: He doesn't really like to talk about history that much--most likely not because it's traumatic, but because there's nothing much to say. All that's known for sure is that he once lived in a forest or swamp of some sort, but for one reason or another was drawn to a city. He may or may not have once owned a violin, but chances are he sold it before he joined the crew of the ship--and who knows why? It's obvious he hates it there, with his constant complaining and refusal to do any more work than he absolutely must. You'd be a fool to like him.
Other: I'll confirm right here that he's an incredibly skilled violinist, has a bit of a homicidal streak, and that there may or may not actually be a decent person among all that. But it isn't underneath anything--it's alongside it, he just chooses not to show it because he has no sense of morality and it's easier to be bad I guess.

Elementic

please play etrian odyssey
Name: Serina Gratial

Appearance: here

Personality: Serina is a gentle girl with an empathetic heart. Being a nun, she prefers to act 'pure', and tends to call out on someone if they are acting in a way that makes them 'impure'. She takes her nun duties very seriously, as you can tell.

Serina is very faithful in the deities, and works hard, since she believes that if she does, they will be pleased and give her and her allies strength.

The one who is closest to Serina is Atra. Serina cares deeply for the demon woman, and protects her from those who seek to attack her, demon or otherwise.

Weapon: Surprisingly, Serina is actually good with a gun. She wields a gun made by the convent's researchers that shoots normal bullets, as well as ones filled with holy water for exorcism and stuff like that.

Backstory: Serina doesn't remember much about her past-the first thing she remembers is waking up in the infirmary of a convent. She was told that she was found in a nearby forest by the head of the convent, a sister named Meera. After recovering, Serina joined the convent in something they often performed-the finding and slaying of demons and evil creatures. She gradually rose through the ranks, and was eventually in first class.

After a while, Serina and some other nuns saw a demon woman slaying her own kind, yelling things like 'I'm not like you!' and 'This is for my own reasons!'. They took her to the convent to recover, and found out that her name was Atra, and that she had betrayed her kind after seeing what they did to humans and other creatures. Atra joined the convent's forces as Serina's partner, and the two formed a strong bond.

A few years later, Serina, Atra, and some others in the first class (the militia, as a manga that had to do with this sort of thing called it) were called to an area overseas to assist another part of the convent's group with some recent demon troubles. Handfuls went on multiple boats, and they set off.....

Other: Serina works for the St. Caelestis Convent, a world-wide organization that specializes in hunting down evil spirits and creatures.
-----------------
Name: Atra Lues

Appearance: Normal-here

Demon Form-here

Personality: Atra is a real trickster, and loves to play pranks on people. The only person she doesn't play pranks on is Serina...other than that, beware of the trickster. Even so, Atra

Despite being a demon, Atra prefers to help others. She has a good reason for this, but hasn't said it to anyone yet, not even Serina.

Speaking of Serina, Atra is closest to her. They are partners in the convent's forces, and work really well together. Atra treats Serina like a little sister, and is very protective of her. Hurt her (physically or mentally), and you WILL regret it.

Weapon: Atra uses a scythe mainly, but is also good with a sword.

Backstory: Atra was born in an aristocratic demon family. During her small times in the human world, she noticed exactly what her kind were doing to mortals.

And, surprisingly (to her family at least), she HATED it.

Atra left her family and began slaying her own kind whenever they tried to get her. This was how Serina and the other nuns found her-slaying her own kind while shouting insults. She collapsed after the fighting from her wounds, and was brought to the convent to recover.

Atra joined the convent's forces, and soon became Serina's partner, after the two bonded. Atra was sent with Serina and some other nuns from the militia to help out another branch of the convent overseas, which is where the story begins...

Other: Atra's worse enemy is her brother, Noctis, who is a strong-willed soldier in the demon lord's guard.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Aright.

Music: I'm still curious about backstory, but your dude looks OK. You're in.

HyMo: This 'Nero' guy scares me, but I'm ready to give him a chance. He's in.

Ele: ...Those guys seem just a little OP. If you could just kinda tone down their powerfulness, make sure they're not like, 'perfect' or anything, then they should be good.

HyMo: This 'Nero' guy scares me, but I'm ready to give him a chance. He's in.

Haaa... yeah that's probably a bad idea. Prepare for him to be a total butt to people. Just saying. He may or may not ever get over himself--I've never used this guy before, I'm kinda scared of what he's gonna end up doing... Of course, canonical Tispian stuff will end up reflecting into this RP, and encounters between him and Aren are likely to be tense. I'm curious to see what parts they end up playing in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT: Also, added a leetle bit to Aren's personality, and also an 'other' section. I'm done with the SU things now. I'm gonna go draw these booshes.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Name: Donnel (Don) Pontus
Appearance: Don has deep tanned skin fro years under the sun. His eyes are a dark brown, and his hair has been bleached blonde by the sun. He has a thin beard/ goatee that is a darker blonde than the hair on his head. His head is long, as is his body. Don is tall and lanky. He dresses in a white long-sleeved shirt (with the sleeves rolled up) and has a thin blue tie up shirt over that (its like a button-up, just tied together). He wears a pair of dark brown woolen pants.
Personality: He is never trustworthy. Don typically has one thing on his mind; himself. He most likely wouldn't do something if there is no benefit for him. Every once in a while, he can care for someone around him and will help them, but this is rather rare.
Weapon: Two curved blades.
Backstory: Don was a member of a ship crew as a boy. He did all the chores. That ship sank during a storm when Don was 16, who had miraculously survived. He soon got a ship of his own and became an expert sailor, knowing how to weave through the seas safely. He smuggled for a few years of his life, but his ship was also destroyed in a storm, sinking all his belongings to the bottom of the sea. Don joined any crew that would have him after that.

Hope he is good. Apologies on the length and summaries for most parts. I always have trouble writing on mobile.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Dr: You are approved.

HyMo: Looks good. ^^ But I'm not as scared of Nero as I should be, since I've got Fang on my side. She ain't gonna take his crud.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
You honestly didn't even need to edit, but thank you for doing so. I just wanted to make sure you didn't play them up too extremely within the RP. But they look cool, no worries. ^^

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Name: Minnow
Appearance: he's a minnow
Personality: he is a fish who is the fish of all fishes
Weapon: fishes don't have weapons
Backstory: once upon a time there was a fish named Minnow. Minnow loved to swim, and so he did. one day he saw a worm on a hook, and he licked his lips, and went for the Worm. that is the End of Minnow

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
...No. Just, no. If you wanna make a real character and actually be in this roleplay, fine. But I will not tolerate trolls. Minnow is nowhere near accepted.

Storm

well let's see who all signed up
Xer- argument waiting to happen
Les Mis- guess who wount stop nitpicking
and I cant sign up because of conflict of disinterest with almost everyone on here
oh and elementric- Hi. how have you been
HY_mo- another person who hates me
you might as well just call me Gasoline, because I would start a fire

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Then here's an idea: Don't sign up at all. If you don't even wanna be in this roleplay, then don't waste anyone's time. I don't appreciate having my SU trolled like that, and no one else would.

Storm

I do it to get a no. so if I am urged to join by someone, I can go "I was already denied. see?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom