• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saviors of the Sea SU

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I thought it was high time I get the RP thread kicking again as much as it used to, so I (and my waifu Xer) am making a new RP. I am the idea girl, he's the mod guy. So expect things to go that way when the RP starts.

So the plot goes something like this: The open seas have been growing troublesome as of late, and the mermaids and water nymphs have been murmuring rumors to the wind about how the sea god has turned violent and unreasonable. When a full-on hurricane erupts across the sea, only a very few ships are left to survive. It's one of these ships that contain the heroes needed to find out just what has sent the sea god astray, and put a stop to the senseless destruction.

So, if anyone's interested, the SU sheet is here:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapon:
Backstory:
Other:

I wish you all luck with this roleplay, and hope we can craft a wonderful story together. Thank you for even just reading this, and I can't wait to see what you all have in store!

Oh yeah, RP's high fantasy, so plan accordingly. ;)

Edit: only serious characters please and don't sign up to troll. Respect the wishes of your fellow rp-ers and the creator TatlTails. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkAssassinXer

Dweller of the Clockwork
So since I'll be having two characters, here they are~

Name: Ky Arisato
Appearance: Around five feet, eight inches tall. Wears his peasant shirt and black pants. He also has black boots and lightly trimmed dark brown hair. Slightly tanned, blue eyes.
Personality: He's pretty laid back and relaxed. Doesn't like to be disturbed during naps. When it comes to fights, he puts himself on the front line to protect whoever he's with.
Weapon: Dual wielding swords.
Backstory: He was always raised by his mother and would visit his father to learn about the sea and how to fight with a sword. When his father died near his sixteenth birthday, he took in his father's two swords that he treasured and promised to go out to sea in honor of his father's wish. Now being seventeen, he feels confident and ready to sail out, not know what exactly has been happening under the water.
Other: ....Nah I'm good~

Name: Yuki Hana
Appearance: She's around six feet tall, straight dark brown hair, wears a normal shirt with a black captain's coat over it, black pants, and has green eyes. Not too pale.
Personality: She's quiet around people unless spoken to. She'll prove how worthy she is of being on a crew, but other than that she really hasn't had any contact with genuine people ever since she was a child.
Weapon: Two pistols and a butterfly knife.
Backstory: Within seconds she went from playing on the beach as a child, to being kidnapped and thrown on a rogue pirate group. Through the years of being on that ship, they had made her clean and train in order to stay alive. As she turned nineteen, she received the captain's most treasured knife for being the top fighter of the crew. Though, that same night she received the night, she silently back stabbed the entire crew and made her escape, keeping the captain's coat as a momento of that night. As she reached the town, she sold the swords and treasures the pirates had on them to give her a small amount of wealth, which led her to learning how to use pistols. Nearly out of money, she decided to look for work which led her to this group to sail out to sea.
Other: In battle, she likes to stay behind everyone and stay silent. She'll attempt to sneak off to the side and around the enemy to back stab them.

Last edited:
Name: Gareth O'Neil
Appearance: 6'1", red haired, pale and normally sunburnt skin. He is buff and impressive to look at. He has a beard that flaming red hair. He wears a loose shirt and loose black pants. He normally doesnt wear shoes.
Personality: gruff and grumpy and doesnt like people when he first. He will fight others.
Weapon: his bare fists but can handle a sword.
Backstory: He left his home when he was 9 and went aboard a ship as a cabin boy and worked on many ships as life went on.
Other: He works the top sails and the anchor since he is so strong.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Xer, both are approved. And so is Mis. I'll SU mine now too, just because.

Name: Bangs Cahill
Appearance: This, but with a simple Greek gown the color of pink pearls:
iPod pics K 384.jpg
Personality: Very bubbly and upbeat, as well as kindhearted. A bit more mature than most of her kind, the Sea Sirens, whom are known for being carefree and flirtatious, though she can dip into that part of her personality. Loves art of any kind, and can see the beauty in everything and everyone.
Weapon: Music. Her siren powers are quite strong, and she can somewhat control water and wind. But her specialty is charming boys. Don't worry, though, she'll only use that if it's necessary.
Backstory: She was born into a powerful family, with high expectations on her part to be great. But before she was even old enough to prove herself as such, her family was hunted down by jealous merpeople who coveted their power. She was forced to flee, and has been travelling the sea on her own ever since. She hasn't truly been in danger for a while now, but still doesn't take any chances.
Other: She loves to hear and spread gossip, so she has quite a few connections around the sea. Who knows if they'll come in handy or not?

Name: Clarisse 'Fang' Manning
Appearance: Tall and strong, especially for a girl. Wears mens' clothes, but keeps her blue hair long and braided up. Her eyes are as blue as her hair, and her grin is... unnerving. She got her teeth messed up in a fight as a child, so she looks like a vampire when she smiles. It's how she got her nickname, and her fearsome reputation.
Personality: Pretty dang tomboyish, with a bold disposition and a willingness to do anything physical or exciting. That's why she chose to be a sailor, she loves swinging around on the ropes and hoisting the sails and defending the ship from sharks and the like. It's fun to her. It seems like she would hate sitting still, and she usually does, but there are times when nothing beats a good nap. She also tries to keep the fighting around her to a minimum... unless she's part of it. She'll brawl someone to the death if she thinks they deserve it, and will get pretty dang close no matter what you did to get on her bad side. That's also part of the reason for her reputation, a good part of it. She isn't always proud of it.
Weapon: Weapon? Who needs a weapon when ya got two good fists right on ya at all times? ...OK no. She fights hand-to-hand whenever she can get away with it, but she's also good with a harpoon and a sword.
Backstory: Eh, she ain't anyone special. She was born to a couple deadbeats who left her out on the streets as soon as she was old enough to take care of herself. That age was apparently 6 in their minds. But she did survive pretty well, begging and fighting in the streets for money and food. But when she was about 13, she snuck onto a sailor's ship looking for a better life, or at least some free food for a while. The captain ended up liking her spunk, and taught her everything a sailor would need to know. She's been working on any ship she could ever since.
Other: As I've said before, she's got a fierce reputation among some parts. But most who know these stories wouldn't believe them upon seeing her. ...Until they saw her mad.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Go ahead and use two mythicals, though at least one actually being part of the ship's crew would be preferred.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Name: Pàdraig Fiachna Sargent
Appearance: Short, but not a crew cut, length brown hair. He has a (soft as in rounded points) pentagon shaped face. Steel blue eyes with Square glasses. He is average height for this world. Wears a blueish gray wool coat with alternating button sizes. He also wears a pair of slate grey pants that have the seems cut a centimeter from the bottom. He has hairy arms and legs.

Personality: He is a loyal friend, but he can be a little obnoxious sometimes. However he always means well. He is usually a slow he can be serious if the time comes. He also may not be the brightest but he trusts the group that he is in no mater.

Weapon: He uses a flail one of the few weapons that he was able to master as a mercenary.(or musket or bow what ever you prefer if no one chooses a ranged weapon) He tries not to kill his opponents that he has come across.

Backstory: He is the middle child of a family of 5. He was enrolled in an academy of medicine but he was dropped because he was caught holding the answers to the final. In reality he just stood there after having them handed off not thinking what the envelope actually was. He was able to get a job at a market selling random trinkets from a merchant group but was fired from that due to him telling the customers what the trinkets actually did. He lived his life from job to job until he became accidentally recruited into a mercenary group. There he learnt to use the flail. He became the erred boy for the group aligned with (what ever side is the side that is considered good in this world). He was traveling on an assignment by boat when it happened.
Other:He has random moments of brightness how ever these are far over shadowed by some of the idiotic actions he is known for.
Sorry I wanted to get back in to RPing I Will finish this in some time tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
That can be arranged. Lekapi duo, one older than Faens and one brand spankin' new, should be interestiiiiing~ I'll post just this for now, work out the rest later. Are wind nymphs a thing in this world or...?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Musicfan, I'll decide whether to accept you or not when you're done filling in the SU.

HyMo, sounds good, same as Music for now. And sure, wind nymphs can be a thing. But it's your choice whether they're aligned with the sea god or not.

Hokay. I'll do this one for now, since that's confirmed, but aaaaaaah

Name: Aren Alpenlen
Age: Despite appearing about 25, he confesses to being centuries older than that. It's a Wind Nymph thing.
Appearance: Well, I don't want to say he's hot, but... he's hot. I give up. He is. He has dirty blonde hair that's always slightly tousled, as if windblown, and stormy blue eyes. There's something so youthful about them, but something so old, too, almost like the Doctor. I'll include an image whenever I can draw one up. Hypothetically, he's either wearing glasses or has a little bit of stubble, and I can't decide which one I like more. But yeah, clothes will be included with the ref--probably a loose white shirt and grey pants, barefoot.
Personality: A rather calm, collected man. He's typically rather cheerful, in spite of his near-constant formality, and is in general quite the gentleman. Aren prefers to do what is right, above all else, and despite his passive nature is mature, sincere, and has rather excellent foresight and memory. Still, he's easily frustrated and prone to overestimating himself. He tries not to get roped into wild adventures, but of course, fate always has other plans for him, doesn't it?
Weapon: He prefers not to fight, and that's something he can pull off--being one with the wind does have the advantage of an easy getaway if things get dire. But, if he must, he can be resourceful.
Backstory: From what is known, Aren has a long and complex history consisting mostly of watching and waiting. He may or may not have actually spoken with and struck a deal with the sea god, although he denies alliance to him almost vehemently, and refuses to reveal whether that story is true. He is rather widely known, being a rather social being, and is quite well known among the Winds as a benevolent and merciful being. Hypothetically, his renown on land and in the sea is to a lesser degree, but he has gone to both places before, and has no clue whether he's a kind, windy shadow very few random people are aware of or if the stories have spread at all.
Other: Has quite the artistic flair and a tendency to zone out, just watching the sea or sky, or the bustle of a ship's crew or seaside town. He tries to see beauty in everything, and draws or paints whenever he gets the chance. Failing that, he does have a lovely voice, and is prone to humming or softly singing whatever comes to mind.

Ah, the old man's changed a lot since BSB... but not as much as some. How does it look so far, Tatl?

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Well, since you filled in everything but Appearance, and I know what Aren looks like (or at least I'm pretty sure), and you know I adore Aren to bits, he is in. I like very much.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If its not too much to ask, could you save me a spot? I am incapable of writing a sign up at the moment.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
No prob, buddy. :yes: But you're not officially accepted until the sign-up is made. We're happy to wait for you, though. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom