• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saving

do you like the idea of bird statues?

• I really like this idea! good job, nintendo!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either works for me!

• can we go back to button saving? Please?

• Total voters
Kinda. The save system in OOT was confusing. I don't like the lack of them at some points but I guess thats a part of the game

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I agree it is somewhat odd to have save points this time around, but compared to OoT's save system, I much prefer SS's precise location save than said game. But hey, that's just me.

i thought the saving wasnt too bad but it was a little annoying when you really need to stop playing *thanks mom* and you cant save right away.

I like the bird statue more since I could save and when I started the file I could start where I stopped. I didn't like it in MM but I really liked it in SS. But even though I like the bird statue I would like to be able to save anytime even though I didn't like it in OoT. I guess both would be fine with me.

If they have the save system like they did in OoT I would not like it since I would have to travel back to the place were I left off but if they use the save system like in SS but without the bird statues and have it start were you left off then I would like that more. And I don't remember if it started were you left off in TP when you saved.

Last edited:

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
I missed the pause menu saving from TP. My mom has a habit of turning off the Wii if I "ignore her and keep playing" when I'm really looking for a bird statue so I don't have to leave the wii on until I play again. I was glad you could beacon them to get to them easily, but they became a bit tedious.

The Bird Statues are a really great idea because if you save with the buttons you get warped to the beginning of something where you are like a dungeon, with the Bird Statues not.

i prefer saving inside dungeons so i dont have to pause the game when eating or something like those things happening

I really liked this save methodology for dungeons, but I wasn't fond of it in the overworld. In the overworld, I would have preferred button saving. But I loved having a statue just outside a boss's door, just in case. :)

I really had no problem with saving in Skyward Sword, in fact I have never had a problem with this kind of saving. I like the fact that you can save at a bird statue and then continue from that point without getting warped back to the start of a Dungeon or a Key location. I think the saving system in Skyward Sword was much more convenient than in Majora's Mask.

I like the bird statues. Reminded me a lot of Majoras Mask with the owl statues. There were plenty of them around so that you could save generally whenever you wanted. It wasn't that big of a deal to have to hunt one down to save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom