• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saving

do you like the idea of bird statues?

• I really like this idea! good job, nintendo!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either works for me!

• can we go back to button saving? Please?

• Total voters

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The Bird Statues are kind of like the Owl Statues from MM. I really didn't mind the the bird statues though. I was fine with them. They were very widespread so saving wasn't too hard.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I liked the bird statues because they allow you to resurface in a point that can actually be useful without requiring you to wait until you get the song/spell/strange, bird-like creature. Plus, it works in the overworld, too. I HATE how in Ocarina, you always wake up either at the beginning of the dungeon you're in, your home, or the Temple of Time.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I thought It was implemented well.
It made you have to plan your actions a bit more.
They were well placed and easily accessible.

My only wish is that there was a quicksave feature.
There were times I wished I could save on the fly, especially when my younger siblings want their turn to play.
I think a quicksave feature in the menu would have solved that.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd rather save anywhere for convieniece or if you only have a second to save due to power outs or whatever reason. But the statues didn't bother me too much as they were everywhere.

Fig

The Altruist
I prefer to save using buttons, but the bird statues are pretty good. I like how it reminds me of Majora's Mask owl statues to save. I personally believe that Nintendo purposely added little features and gameplay elements from past Zelda games in order to also enhance the 25th anniversary for the game series.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Although at first it was a little annoying I soon started to like it. It's not like there were hardly any save points. They were scattered all around and in good areas. Plus if In Skyward Sword if we went back to button saving we would have to start at the start of a Dungeon or Area. And think I speak for everyone that no one likes going through rooms over and over and solving the same puzzles again. However I do wish when you left with the help of a Bird Statue in a SS Dungeon that when you came back you went from the point you left. Other than that I think it was a great system.

I really didn't care much about the method of saving... However there was once or twice that I was a little annoyed with the bird statues in SS... Mainly when going one else wants to get on the TV and I am like, "no no I need to find a saving bird statue" ...
However at the same time, when playing any one of the games this the traditional saving system, I don't seem to save too often. :P

I don't really mind, as both have their advantages. Button: Save anytime, anywhere. Statue: Know exactly where you will be when you turn on the game, no being warped backwards.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I think the reason that they made this type of save feature is because of some problems in saving in other games. For example, if you saved in certain places in TP it would be impossible to continue the game. To avoid game-breaking save glitches, I prefer the skyward sword and Majora's Mask save styles.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
An Untitled Story has save statues; they're probably the best way to save in Metroidvania games, and they work just as well in Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom