• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saving

do you like the idea of bird statues?

• I really like this idea! good job, nintendo!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either works for me!

• can we go back to button saving? Please?

• Total voters

zellinkda

one of many
I need button saving! I love the save system of PH/ST. So simple and effective. Click "Pause". Click "Save & Quit". And your done! I remember a bunch of times in SS where I wanted to quit and it took me five minutes to find a stupid bird statue. I absolutely hate saving systems like these. Button Saving is so much more convenient and such. I hated the saving system of SS before it came out, and I hate it now, that I have beaten it twice.
that was the smartest system with pressing start. it was convenient, and it required no thinking. rather than taking your map out, backtracking to find a bird statue. waste of time.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I like it and i dont like it.

Why do I like it?
Its a diferent way to save a game and not always the same tipe of saving.

Why do I dont like it?

A lot of times my mother does planes and dont warn me soo i nead to switch off the wii and not always i am near by a Bird Statue so i cannot save.

This is exactly why I think Nintendo should use both save points and the traditional save style in Zelda from now on, starting with Zelda 3DS.

I liked the save points in MM, even though they were a bit frustrating. But it made sense in MM, it added difficulty to the game, where you couldn't just turn the game off right before the moon crashes into the earth and start at the beginning of the puzzle you took forever to figure out before. But in SS, its pointless, and serves no point but to be a nuisance! Seriously, when I'm in a hurry to get off the last thing I want to do is run around looking for that save point. You can't just borrow a game mechanic like that from such a different game.

Love ya SS, but that was a no-no! :]

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Just wanted to share something. The game may have some version of auto-save, in someway, it does not save your progress but I can remember something happening at least twice. When I completed the song of the hero I wanted to hear it twice just to make sure that I heard part of the zelda main theme. I saved before that so I just use the reset option game (wii home - menu)

When I was watching it again I noticed that there was the Skip (2) option, but i did not saved after that or anything, even he wii home option warns you that your progress is not going to be saved, but it seems like the game has some kind of auto-save

Yeah!!! This baffled me really badly! How does that work!

Hyrulian said:
But in SS, its pointless, and serves no point but to be a nuisance! Seriously, when I'm in a hurry to get off the last thing I want to do is run around looking for that save point. You can't just borrow a game mechanic like that from such a different game.

The save system was very fitting for Skyward Sword in that it continued a trend towards increasing the difficulty of the franchise, which is something players incessantly complained about regarding Twilight Princess and the DS pair. Also, the bird statues were spaced out very evenly and in very central locations so as to make saving simple and effective.

The save system was very fitting for Skyward Sword in that it continued a trend towards increasing the difficulty of the franchise, which is something players incessantly complained about regarding Twilight Princess and the DS pair. Also, the bird statues were spaced out very evenly and in very central locations so as to make saving simple and effective.

Actually it didn't make it more difficult, just frustrating. You see, if it were to be difficult it would make a puzzle harder to figure out, or a strong boss, not a save point where you might not be able to access after finishing a difficult puzzle. It was needed in MM, because you can run out of time, but in this game it just was annoying. Not hard, but annoying. Or if I needed to leave my house in 30 mins, but I wanted to play SS, I might be late to wherever I'm going, because I didn't realize where the save point was. And I must confess, my bad sense of direction wouldn't be helping.

But I will agree with you that it wasn't that much of a hassle, because of how evenly spaced they were, but they weren't needed. If they were gonna do something like this, they should of been needed, otherwise, its just added unneeded annoyance.

J

Jay Rockman

I did not like it at first, but now I'm so use to it it doesn't bother me anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, at times it was kind of annoying to have to quite immediately and not be able to save, but i liked how i would start the game right where i left off at the bird statue :)

I like the bird statues better cuz with the old saving system, you got put back to the start of the main area you were last in, whereas if you save with the bird statue, you are put in the same place as you saved, which is quite convenient

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom