• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Saving System

B

bekyzappy

Im having trouble with the save system. I have completed woodfall temple and I moved up to snowpeak and got the lens of truth and then I saved. I turned my system off, and then got back on it later and all of the progress, including the boss mask, was gone. Any ideas on how to help or what I should do. This is the virtual console version.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Was the "saving do not touch the memory card or power button" message still on the screen when you turned it off? If it was that could be your problem.
You may have selected no when asked if you'd like to save if you used the Ocarina to save.
If you used an owl statue you'd have gone back to the title screen if you saved with it.

I don't know of any other reasons that would cause your problem.

zellinkda

one of many
there are a few ways to save in majora's mask.
You can either play the song of time, or you can go find an owl statue. is it possible you paused in virtual console or something? that should not happen, it has never ever happened to me

Thanks to the saving system of MM you'll have to be really sure you've got enough time to play... You can't simply walk into a dungeon and save halfway through. =(

But Bekyzappy, which save system did you use? The owl statue or the Song of Time?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Im having trouble with the save system. I have completed woodfall temple and I moved up to snowpeak and got the lens of truth and then I saved. I turned my system off, and then got back on it later and all of the progress, including the boss mask, was gone. Any ideas on how to help or what I should do. This is the virtual console version.

Just to clear this up, the Boss Mask would not have vanished along with the rest of your progress if you'd saved either way: with the Owl Statues, or by going back in time. Every Boss Mask you collect stays with you to near the end of the game.

Was the "saving do not touch the memory card or power button" message still on the screen when you turned it off? If it was that could be your problem.

I believe this was indeed the problem. You must've shut the system down before the save could go through all the way. Or you simply forgot to save. By all appearances, though, you're lucky that the game and/or memory card were not damaged, in the case of a premature shutdown.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom