• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Save Data Bonus for BotW 2?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is something I've seen in a handful of games. For example, if you had save data for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on your 3DS and bought Monster Hunter Generations, you'd get some bonus content. It wasn't anything grand, just item packs and cosmetic stuff for your guild card. Should BotW 2 do something like this for BotW save data on the same Switch system? If so, what should it be?

Personally, I think it should be cosmetic. Some kind of special armor that's just for looks, maybe. Maybe you'll get a few items with a chest, amiibo drop-style. I think it'd be a nice little way to make the games really feel like a continuation, you know what I mean? I think it'd be neat to see something like that.

What do you guys think? Is this necessary? Or is this idea dumb and I should just go away forever? :(

I do like that games have been doing this as it's kind of a neat promotion, but with a game like BotW, I'm not sure. As someone who owns the Wii U version, I'd be kind of upset if they did a bonus for people who owned the game, but only for the Switch version of the game. The Wii U version was still $60.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
As cool as that would be, I feel like that'd be a kick in the gut for anybody who bought BotW on Wii U instead of the Switch, such as myself, so I doubt it would end up happening.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I think cosmetic would be fitting as not everyone owns the game for Switch and it's clear it won't come out for Wii U so if it was a functional item it'd be kinda penalizing those who had it for Wii U and that'd piss off a fair few peeps knowing that it's become basically a $60 DLC for one item or possibly an armor set.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I do like that games have been doing this as it's kind of a neat promotion, but with a game like BotW, I'm not sure. As someone who owns the Wii U version, I'd be kind of upset if they did a bonus for people who owned the game, but only for the Switch version of the game. The Wii U version was still $60.

I feel like that's just a consequence of purchasing the game on the previous generation of hardware.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It's more of a reward for purchasing the sequel on the Switch. No save bonus is going to be super significant, so it probably wouldn't be much of a loss for Wii U owners.

This still sounds like penalization, "haha you can't afford 300 odd bucks on the game n console" sort of thing.

I did note though if it was cosmetic it'd be fine but no way in hell should it be an actual item

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
This still sounds like penalization, "haha you can't afford 300 odd bucks on the game n console" sort of thing.

I did note though if it was cosmetic it'd be fine but no way in hell should it be an actual item

It also wouldn't reward people coming into the game with no save data. It's the same kind of issue for folks who bought stuff like Dragon Age or Mass Effect for previous console generations. It sucks that they don't receive the bonus, but it shouldn't determine whether one is included.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It also wouldn't reward people coming into the game with no save data. It's the same kind of issue for folks who bought stuff like Dragon Age or Mass Effect for previous console generations. It sucks that they don't receive the bonus, but it shouldn't determine whether one is included.

Aye that's true, i do definately think it should be something cosmetic, that or maybe give the player a shirt like they did when the switch released.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In some games like the Witcher and Mass effect the choices you make can carry over into the next game. I believe if the save data isn't available you can tell the game which decisions you made rather than it porting them over.

Your choices mean little in BoTW because there is only one way the narrative goes. There is no different outcomes for each race and region so I don't see the point in porting save data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom