• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Saria Will Be a Cradle Robber if She Goes Out with Link

Now, we should all know that the Kokiri are immortal people who live in the forest and appear to be children, but if they leave the forest they die and their corpses are stuck in the eteranal torture that is a skull kid. (I say this because they can not go to heaven/hell like the hylians do.) A kokiri could be 88 and still appear to be a 10 year old girl. (Pointing to Saria.) It has been confirmed that young link in OoT is 10 years old right? Well Saria also appears to be 10 years old, but she is probably like 30. My evidence. When people see Saria's cutscene on the bridge were she gives the Fairy Ocarina and asume that she is expressing her love for link. Well, she is, but not lover love, but motherly love. If you look closer, it makes sence. People say Mido's existance in a contradiction to this theory, but think of it this way.... Mido is like 30, Saria is 30, Link is 10, and Mido is trying to get the kid out of the way so he can date Saria and not have to share her affection. It seems plausable now does not it? If you have an contradictions or questions, please post them because I would like to see them. :)

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I think they are probably waaaaay older than that. the Deku tree is old. reaaaaally old. The Kokiri could be hundreds of years old but still be the immature little brats they are ;) and doesn't Fado in TWW say that he is very old or something like that? But yeah, Saria seems more like a mother to Link than a girlfriend, but then if you saw them together you would think it was the other way around :lol:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Eh, I think the part of Mido mentioning Saria's feelings for Link implied feelings of romance, not motherly. More like puppy love.

Yes, the Kokiri don't age. They can be maybe 300 and still look like 10-year-olds. But I believe that with keeping childlike appearances, they also keep childlike mentalities. If this was not the case, then Mido would not be bullying the other kids and Link. Everybody would be much more mature, but they aren't. They look and act like children. They have eternal youth, physically and mentally.

That doesn't mean Link/Saria isn't awkward. It's especially awkward since Link grows up and Saria does not... but, until that happened, Saria and the other Kokiri didn't know Link was a Hylian and would grow up. Link himself didn't even know until he woke up with the body of a 17-year-old. So, it makes sense for Saria to have one of those childlike puppy-love feelings for Link. No, I do not think she was madly in love with him- a person with the mind and body of a 10-year-old would not be able to have those feelings.

Had Saria known Link wasn't Kokiri and would grow up, she probably wouldn't have developed those feelings, but Mido's conversation with Link in The Lost Woods implies that Saria did indeed have romantic feelings for Link. Her inability to age is irrelevant, because she's young in body and mind, and she had no idea how Link would turn out. That's part of why it is so tragic. Her best friend and puppy-love interest disappears. 7 years later, her comes back, and he is no longer that little boy she knew. Additionally, she has to take up the responsibility and role of Sage of Forest, only making once very close friends even more distant.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
What's strage is that in WW, the Great Deku Tree (Which is presumed to be the Deku Sprout) tells that the Koroks were once Kokiri, yet none of the Koroks share the same name as any of the Kokiri in OoT. What happened to them?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I could have sworn that Saria knew that Link wasn't a Kokiri. In the bridge scene, she says "I knew you would leave someday...because you are different from me and my friends.", implying that she must have known something about him. That, and Link never had a fairy to begin with.

I wouldn't say that Saria loved Link in that romantic way, but had an unbreakable connection with him. If she really did love him, wouldn't she say so at the end of the Forest Temple? Instead, she says "Saria will always be...your friend.", and she seemed to be sad when she gave him the Medallion.

Of course, she could still be hiding those feelings, which would be really cool. LinkxSaria is awesomeness.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I think the fact that Link ages 7 years automatically confirms that he is not a Kokiri. Also, not to mention that after you beat the Forest Temple, the Deku Tree/sprout actually says that Link is not a Kokiri .

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I believe it is exactly the opposite.

In the Wind Waker, we learned that the Hero of Time was 12 years old.

12 is the opposite of 10? :hmm:
Also, I thought the adult Hero of Time was 16, and I thought Young Link was 9.

But really, is the exact age really that relevant so long as Young Link is between 8 and 12 and Adult Link is between 15 and 19? In fact, I'm not even sure that's relevant, either.

Also, Kokiri and Hylians have different cultures; from us and from each other. Why are we judging them? What's with all this intolerance, hmm? >.>

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I believe it is exactly the opposite.

In the Wind Waker, we learned that the Hero of Time was 12 years old.
No we didn't. That information was found in Brawl, which is by a third party. Never once, not a single time, did any in-game text in TWW say Link was 12.

Here's some information:
"A Hero Is Born
From the moment Navi woke him on that fateful morning in Kokiri Village, Link became the great hope of Hyrule, even though no one except Princess Zelda knew his true role in the great events that were taking place. Even as a boy,
just ten years old, Link showed the courage of a hero and faced dangers in the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, and the belly of Jabu-Jabu in Zora's Fountain. But even after collecting the three spiritual stones and returning them to the Temple of Time, Link was not yet ready for his final task."

Pelland, Scott. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Nintendo of America Inc. Redmond, WA, 1998. Page 25."

Sooo... while it's a guide, it's still held as the official one, and it's by Nintendo.

Nintendo > HAL, imo.

Yes, it is canonical that TWW Link is older than Young OoT Link. But it is still possible that they are the same age by the time they get to MM because who knows how long he has been looking for Navi. I mean, she is the best character in the series. Also, he had a lot of determination to save the world. He can put the same determination to look for Navi all his life.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I mean, she is the best character in the series.
I may not be speaking for everyone here, but I think that statement maybe a little subjective.
Majora's Mask made it seem like it was pretty quick. I suspect that his home would be the first place he'd go after he got back, as well. Also, as I'm sure we're all aware, characters in the games get lost in the Lost Woods on a pretty regular basis. :P

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I think that they shared a love to want to make love with each other. I doubt that they knew that Link was Hylian, and I also doubt that Saria is that older than Link. The only one who knew Link was Hylian was the Deku tree, which led me to believe that the other kids never existed until around Link's birth. The kids have to die SOMEHOW and have to reproduce SOMEHOW. I completely disagree with my statement now.lol :)

OotLord1003

Young Link
wow, this is getting WAY off topic, you went from, Saria and Link, to Links Age.
To me, Hyrule has probobly been around for a LONG time, The deku tree even says so himself.
So I would guess that saria is hundrends, maybe thousands of years old, but yet they still don't mature.
So in a way Saria could love link like a Boyfriend girlfriend thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom