• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sandwich layers

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
How do you layer your sarnies?? Apparently im the only one in the family that does bread, cheese, lettuce and bread everyone else does the other way..

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Usually, the meats go on the bottom and the toppings go on the top. Same for burgers. From the bottom up, my favorite sandwich is bottom bread, turkey, salami, tomato, lettuce, and sour cream and onion chips, then the top bread. It’s always in that order.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I rarely have sandwiches these days tbh, but I probably wouldn't think about the order I put it together in too hard. Whatever gets everything I want in these works for me, lol

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Two slices of bread, side by side. Cheese on one slice. Lay down slice of turkey across both pieces. Cheese on the other slice of bread, on top of the turkey. Unless turkey is thick enough, add another slice and close sandwich to fold. Ope, and add lettuce, salt, pepper, and vinegarette.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Iirc there is actually a reason why the order should be as so:

Bottom bread with mayo
Meat
Cheese
Pickles
Onions
Tomato
Lettuce
Top bread with mayo

You can obviously substitute stuff, like something besides Mayo. Anyway, the idea is to get the meat closer to your tongue so it's the first thing you taste after a bite, then all the other elements incorperate in. Additionally, putting lettuce and tomato under the meat would cause the bottom bread to get soggy because it has more weight from the meat being on top, you don't want it falling apart on you, so the meat goes on the bottom.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i get two slices of bread and i spread stuff on one slice and then maybe spread stuff on the other slice and then put stuff on the stickier bread in order from heaviest to lightest probably

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I start with Butter, Mayo or Aioli on the bread/roll, then put the meat on the bottom piece and spinach/lettuce on the top piece. The order for the middle stuff doesn't matter too much. I usually start with Tomato on the meat, add salt & pepper, then some pickles/beetroot/whatever else I have in the fridge. Whack the halves together and om nom away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom