• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Samurai Jack (Season 5)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Season five, mother****ers.

It's hard for me to provide a real opening post for this thread outside of "HOLY ****", but I'ma try.

I spent my wee years thinking Samurai Jack was the coolest thing since the Power Rangers taught me that violence solves everything. It was flashy, cool, and dramatic. Much of it felt like a period Chinese action piece, but in modern day (and also not Chinese). The show's only crime was being cut down before its time and leaving an ending that resolved nothing.

For the uninitiated (or those born into the early 2000s): Samurai Jack is a show about a masterless samurai flung into the far future by Aku, an ancient and powerful evil that takes the form of a shapeshifting demon. The samurai, who is given the name Jack by those who meet him, arrives to a dystopic future where Aku's will is law. He then sets out to find a way back to the past, so that he might prevent Aku from ever conquering the world.

Samurai Jack is a masterpiece of modern animation and it's great to see that the newest season will be airing on Adult Swim rather than Cartoon Network.

So, who else is hyped as ****?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly when I saw this trailer my first impression was that it was completely fake. I knew Gendy was back working on SJ but this trailer is pretty much a 1:1 translation of that animation style that we got waaaaay back when. It's ****ing Godly, that's all I can describe it as. Count me in as HYPED

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom