• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Same Old Story?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Almost all of the Zelda games have the same storyline, " You have to save Princess Zelda ". It gets old. Even I got tired of it after Twilight Princess. These people really need to be more creative. And another thing is the temples. Theirs always a Forest Temple, a Fire Temple, a Water Temple, Snow Temple, Sand Temple..etc.. Like I said, it gets old. And I know their really isn't a lot of ideas out in the world, but if you just think outside of the box.. Like maybe an idea that they had before.. A Swamp Temple, or a Temple close to Jabu-Jabu..

Well they have done a rather big variety it's hard not to repeat. As long as the storyline is a major part, as seen in TP, and they gameplay is good and all that I'm not too fussed. The whole Eye of Truth concept was really good I thought. Swamp was kinda a water/forest combo but still worked. Something focusing on the Mirror Shield would be sweet too, since they left that out of TP.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The point of the Zelda games is that you save Zelda from an evil person who wants to watch the world crumble in his power. Simple, actiony, fun, and addicting. You couldn't ask for more. And not all the storylines are the same.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Not every single storyline is the same.I wouldn't mind different temples though like the ones in MM those were pretty nice I loved how they did Stone Tower.I don't get bored of the storyline but hey that's my opinion many people do and many people don't.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Almost all of the Zelda games have the same storyline, " You have to save Princess Zelda ". It gets old. Even I got tired of it after Twilight Princess.

In most Mario games the objective of the game is to save Princess Peach from Bowser.
And yet Mario is pretty much the best loved video game franchise in the world.

And you wonder why a game called The Legend Of Zelda isn't going to carry on making storylines which involve saving Princess Zelda when it has made so much success from it in the past.
Dude, it's the foundation that made this game so popular!

It's always about saving someone. Just happens to be a Princess. A hot one too. That's besides the point. Kinda.

I wonder if Zelda Wii will be the second 3-D game that doesn't have Zelda as a really featured character.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
You've got to balance it out. I think we are going to get an all new story this time but many of the challenges and puzzles will be similar to what we have already seen in Zelda games. The progression of the beginning of the games has also been slightly standardized: find your sword/shield, talk to some people, beat a introductory dungeon. Much of what we will do in the next game will seem familiar, but you can be sure that the series will be further developed with lots of new features as well. I don't think this will be the same old story at all, you gotta realize that you can only do so much with one character, we have been playing Link this whole time. Not that I want another character, It's just that you can only have so many stories about the same character (It's his continued persona that limits each stories rapid development), which is a good thing because if each game had a new Hero then by now the Series could be something entirely different and I don't think I would like that. All I know for sure is that Link will be returning and this time hes gunna do some things we have never seen him do before. Epic.

C

Carben

The only couple games I've noticed that hasn't followed the simple 'Bad Guy attacks, threatens the world, Hero comes to say the day'.
I would like to see a type of interesting plot twist involved in the game itself. Such as Link releases a race from the clutches of a evil doer, then later on in the game that race dies for some apparent reason.

Some similar pattern like in Ocarina of Time. You understand where I am going with this?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I like the idea of Zelda, not Tetra or Sheik, but Zelda herself helping you in a game from the child timeline. (Spoiler!) Having Zelda ride with me to defeat Ganondorf at the end of TP was mind boggling. If they could make a game where she's doing stuff like that but throughout the entire game, maybe then non players would understand why she's on the title of every game. First came, Navi, then Tatl, then Midna, then Sword Girl, and now Zelda!

C

Carben

Well I see what you are saying there, but The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks did something similar to what you are saying. Zelda's spirit followed Link on his journey and even played an important role when assisting him when trekking through the tough Tower of Spirits. So in a way, yes Nintendo already used that idea. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom